Mystic - an endgame PvPer?

VelvetKiller - Lost City
VelvetKiller - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
Some people may think Mystic isn't any godly PvPer. I disagree, they're pretty awesome later, I think, thou they require a lot of thinking and are a bit tricky (kinda like Psychic, but in a different way - we need to combine many things). We don't really have any good attack skills apart of 2sparked uncritable not-really-an-AoE Thicket. Good thing is that it's quick skill with pretty fast CD for an ulti. But it changes later:

a) Level 79 - here we get Nature's Barrier, 30 chi fast skills with 90 sec CD which grants 50% Damage Reduction for 8 sec at cost of immobilizing. Awesome against Ranged (also Meeles when followed by Spark/Genie).

b) Level 100 - Swinging Cloud Dance is pretty awesome heal IMO. Combine it with other healing spells, Energy Leech and Nature's Barrier to make yourself pretty hard to kill. Lucky break is 1 minute CD instant skill making next hit critical. U may ask "So what? Thicket and AS can't crit". To be honest, AS isn't much of a PvP skill, unless used against AAs. And about Thicket... yea, its lack of stackableness with Sparks and Lucky Break hurts. But, here comes Weeping Breeze Dance - pretty fast hard hitting spell. Its DMG seems to be similiar or a bit lower than Divine Pyrogram's or Sandstorm's, but if it's casted with Lucky Break it's 2x Magic Attack + 500% Weapon Attack + 7000. Level 11 BIDS is 1x Magic Attack + 500% Weapon attack + 13955. Not much of a difference, huh? Not saying that LB + WBD costs 50 chi, so it's easily stackable with 3x Spark. Of course BIDS is 12 meter AoE, but for 1shotting in 1v1 LB + WPD is better IMO!

P.S. Can some1 confirm the info from ecatomb, does Sage Spark increases damage by 700% and Demon Spark by 500%?
Post edited by VelvetKiller - Lost City on

Comments

• Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    at best a mystic will be crowd control with its numerous status effect plants. dont expect it to kill anyone tho.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    at best a mystic will be crowd control with its numerous status effect plants. dont expect it to kill anyone tho.

My mystic kills plenty. Depends on skill and how you build it
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    A mystic can so kill. What Miz says is true; it's all dependent on builds and skill. That's like saying that a cleric can't kill--and we all know that there are some evil *** clerics.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011

dude my mystic makes all classes from barbs to clerics and everything in between run for their lives with their tails between their legs. idk how u built ur mystic but mine kicks some serious ***. just 2day i killed this sin and he called his 8x barb friend to come after me. when his barb friend came i killed him too and my mystic is only lvl 73. b:chuckle mystics are just like any other class when it comes to pk, its just about who's holding the mouse. b:victory
    ( this doesnt apply to sins btw cuz it seems like they dont even have to touch their keyboard and they can still own lots) b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got some useful tactics against every class, Even sins are easy target but my weakness: Stealth.