Does Ammo Add On Work

XMasqueradex - Lost City
XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I know alot of people used to carry around the 1% crit arrows to give them the 1% crit and i asked in faction if it still worked. some said yes and some said no it was fixed.

does any one know the honest answer?
Post edited by XMasqueradex - Lost City on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It never gave any extra crit unless it was being shot with a bow.

However, my characters that have no need for bows still have them equipped purely so the spot in my equipment menu can be filled.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Last I heard (read here on the forums) was that no, it does not apply.
    The bonus crit stat will show up on your character info screen, but is not applied to any attack, unless you actually shoot the ammo.
  • MistShadow - Heavens Tear
    MistShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so why does it even show up in character stat window.

Does that mean, you cant believe they stats that you see in character stat window, if the arrow stat shows but not work, what else can do the same?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It never worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so why does it even show up in character stat window.

Does that mean, you cant believe they stats that you see in character stat window

that is indeed correct. those stats SHOULD be right... mostly... but there's no guarantee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kikurami - Sanctuary
    Kikurami - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ive noticed this a few days ago, the +1% crit also no longer show on the char stats anymore either (u can see the +1%crit as u equip the bow, and disappear again when unequipped), let alone give u the crit. b:surrender
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It never worked, but the charecter screen simply showed all the crit bonusses from all pieces of gear (instead of the other numbers, that actually counted in bufs and stuf).

THAT'S what they fixed, it now shows the crit rate you actually have, counting in buffs, passives, ect ect (and NOT counting the arrow that doesn't actually do anything)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The new expansion changed the display error.

Tested it myself. When I used to use these arrows after the expansion, after I equip my bow I gained an extra crit %.. The bow itself didn't have any dex or crit bonus percentages, and my daggers I was using during that time had +12 dex, but it didn't go below any -20 dex intervals to decrease the crit rate like that.

I also wore my daggers, along with the +1% crit arrows, and removed the arrows. There was no change to my crit %.

Same goes for when I wore my bow and the 1% crit arrow. I lost 1% when I took the arrows off, while the bow was equipped.

Hope that helps clarify things.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I remember when I used to play Diablo the character screen was called LCS, "Lying character screen" exactly because some values were displayed incorrectly.

I've read a thread back in the day about a detailed analysis of crits with and without the arrow, and it coujld be concluded with quite some significance that the arrow never had any effect, and still doesn't.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    who cares its 1 freakin %..im an archer and this sin/bm/barb and i have no big thrill on a simple jive turkey sliver of a %..now 2-3+% ok lol
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Archer forums busted this myth.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I know alot of people used to carry around the 1% crit arrows to give them the 1% crit and i asked in faction if it still worked. some said yes and some said no it was fixed.

does any one know the honest answer?
    The "crit arrow trick" never worked, and even if it had worked, it would have been a bannable exploit.

The Myths and Misinformation entry in the wiki covers this myth and several others, and includes links to the forum posts that busted them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.