Faction Base Improvements

Options
Sayl - Raging Tide
Sayl - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
What do you guys think the faction bases could be improved?

My suggestions:

No long *** hallways
An arena
A customization option (like the base right now looks like a cross, make it look like a box)
More floor levels with more rooms for anything else (Lol dunno, base seems small)

Anyway thats my opinion
Post edited by Sayl - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MagicWaffle - Sanctuary
    MagicWaffle - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A teleport master so you can use the base to prep for tw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name-level/class-faction
    MagicWaffle-71 Wizard-BlackOath
    Kyrozoan-84 Barbarian-None (retired)
    Vertebreaker-55-Seeker-None (retired)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The prices not making the gear useless and having a helm cost 960mil when I can be an equal strength one for 1/8th the cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Make it a bright fun place to hang out and not look like a gloomy prison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

this. a banker and mailbox would be nice too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not so depressing looking, giving gear/weapons actually worth it/ something other then boring *** quest that i quit doing due to repetitiveness
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

totally agree on that one b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The prices not making the gear useless and having a helm cost 960mil when I can be an equal strength one for 1/8th the cost.

And you can buy an equally cute/sized purse for 1/15th the price of a coach purse, in real life. Stuff of equivalent looks/function don't have to cost the same amount of coins. The base item would probably be more of a status thing for the first people who get them. As in "look how well I can merch, nothing in this game is too expensive for me."

I'd like to be able to have access to craftable items from material you can only find in base. Not just contribution. Like take a quest in the training room and kill bugs for items that you can craft like a +detection lvl and +defense lvl ring for killing like idk a **** ton of bugs.

A faction bank that can't be plundered, let it be the only thing that survives if your base is destroyed in battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yeah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree with everything said so far! I really like the npc idea (adding a banker, mailbox, and teleporter, maybe a merchant as well), since the whole base is kind of empty looking.

And, as far as looks go, the ceiling should be dark and starry (how it is now) when it's night ingame, but nice and sunny when it's day ingame. :)

Also being able to create a faction uniform would be awesome. I know there's those blue and yellow sets, but they aren't really personal. Leaders could pick from different preset colors and styles to make an awesome custom uniform for the members to buy. :)
    And maybe a place for faction logo on the back! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL seriously that place needs to look less gloomy.
    I mean ffs would it hurt so much to maybe put less melancholy lighting and some couches in there? Even TT3 gets couches why not fac base? xD

My favorite idea by far that's been touched on before is a free PK enabled arena, where fac members can practice their skills, that would be nice
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL seriously that place needs to look less gloomy.
    I mean ffs would it hurt so much to maybe put less melancholy lighting and some couches in there? Even TT3 gets couches why not fac base? xD

My favorite idea by far that's been touched on before is a free PK enabled arena, where fac members can practice their skills, that would be nice

the base is not safe zone last i checked what stops you from using it as an arena as is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm just saying if I were to make the faction base it would have a sunny courtyard in the middle with trees, a koi pond, little critters, and some BBQ grills.

There would also be a music hall where people can upload their own MP3s and share it with friends.

Maybe in the back there'd be a garden where people could plant the herbs they pick and let them grow.

The base we got was just really uninspired, gloomy, and boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm just saying if I were to make the faction base it would have a sunny courtyard in the middle with trees, a koi pond, little critters, and some BBQ grills.

There would also be a music hall where people can upload their own MP3s and share it with friends.

Maybe in the back there'd be a garden where people could plant the herbs they pick and let them grow.

Aww that's cute Asty. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You know what would be even more awesome?

If the faction base did something other than give daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base...
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You know what would be even more awesome?

If the faction base did something other than give daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base which gives daily quests which you do to obtain merit which you use to level up the faction base...

+1
    b:laugh
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the base is not safe zone last i checked what stops you from using it as an arena as is?
    A "PK enabled arena". Doesn't sound like a big woop if one can just turn on PK mode and go in the base, but there are differences.
    For one thing, you wouldn't have to worry about safety lock or dolls(if thats what they are still called idfk) if you plan to do more than stay in the base for the whole time.
    For another, why the hell not? If it wasn't so much trouble to give other arena features in the game, why not give one in a faction base as well?

That is a lovely idea.
    You've obviously thought this over :3

AAND, another idea. How about when I port in the base, it takes me directly to the center room instead of porting me in some random-*** location within the base. This isn't more than a minor annoyance, but I wonder how lazy they have to be to not at least designate a porting location. Or maybe this feature had some intended uses that I don't know of but anyway it's kind of annoying lol.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That is a lovely idea.
    You've obviously thought this over :3

No those were random ideas I had as I was writing the post. Yhey just seem good in comparison to the total lack of creativity than the devs had in the year and a half they took making the faction bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayl - Raging Tide
    Sayl - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    All these ideas would totally make the 200million coins, 500 mysterious chips, 500 warsong emblems and 2000 ultimate subtances worth while
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think they should make the bases more interesting, id put in 1hit kill mobs into the hallways, that way while running the long *** hallways to the centre of the base, you also have to avoid being killed
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

^ this.

Isn't there an unused outdoor type instance for faction bases? I remember seeing screenshots of this 'walled keep' type map. That's what I thought faction bases would be. Not the crappy long halls that look like they were put in as an oversight. "Oops we made a faction base... **** it, put it in"
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Personally I don't care much about graphic changes, but would rather enjoy some functional upgrades.

Bank, teleporter, arena type area = All awesome ideas!

The fact we can't currently port into TW from our faction base seems kinda fail to me. I mean really, what better place to gather as a faction?

As far as banking, I would love to see access to normal bankers & perhaps a mailbox. But a faction bank for doanting materials etc, that would require permissions for anyone to remove, would also be a great addition.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think they should make the bases more interesting, id put in 1hit kill mobs into the hallways, that way while running the long *** hallways to the centre of the base, you also have to avoid being killed

Now this is something I love. Make the halls like jungle ruins, with mobs and traps.

Would also make the base battles more interesting (come get is in the middle bishes, but see if you can avoid the mobs first).

BTW: Base war's is the reason the hallway's are so long. The battle is fought inside the base, and you have to keep the enemy away from the buildings (I'm guessing the owners can teleport acros the rooms with the porters in each room, and the attackers having the walk. I also think the buildings themselves shoot back)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Different quests everyday, at least like MQ. Killing the same 15 mobs over and over is boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they should add more dailies but more challenging ones. like ones where you have will need a full squad of the guild to go take down a boss or something.

also, i agree with the merchants. that would be nice. also agree with no hallways. i think the square idea is good, with floor levels. like use ramps to go up floors. make a courtyard area to be outside with a swimming pool XD upstairs can be a hangout place for the guild to "sit on couches" like suggested and what not.

then downstairs is where the main things are for the guild base, what we have already. except maybe with smaller towers lol.

i also liked the teleporter idea, to prepare for TW. that would be excellent than lagging other cities in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not so depressing looking, giving gear/weapons actually worth it/ something other then boring *** quest that i quit doing due to repetitiveness

yeah same old quest..its kinda like trying to re crank that old lawn mower..and u just get tired of the bsb:laugh
  • TheScrew - Raging Tide
    TheScrew - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Reduce the price of the gear to be worth it, or at least make the pots from alchemy stack.
    pwcalc.com/c22715104be2f1c6
    100% F2P.
    <3 Hikky~
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Banker
    Teleporter
    Merchant

I saw some people ask for more quests. We actually have them via divine orders if they FIX THE DAMN BUGS
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

u forgot the big bewbs astypoo :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan