When will we see these wars?

Options
Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Okay, this question has been on my mind for quite some time. Why weren't 40 VS 40 Guild Base wars implemented into the client the day the Genesis expansion was released? I go back to reading some news posts, and honestly I believe the PWI staff believed 40 VS 40 wars would come w/ the expansion. But it wasn't released. Why and when could we plan to see this implemented? Probably never, but I'm just curious on what happened.

Facts stating it was going to come out w/ the Genesis expansion:

1.) Feb. 1st post

Read closely:
Well folks, the time has finally come-- PWI: Genesis now has an official release date!

Excited to use a claymore, summon uber-powerful pets, and gain access to brand new dances? Can't wait to learn a new crafting skill, build up your guild base, [B]and engage in all-new 40 on 40 PVP battles? Well, all of these things will be available in just over a month because...[/B]

2.) Feb. 15th post

Read closely:
Guild Materials are used for upgrading the wings of your base, and they come in five different varieties. By upgrading the different wings of your base, you'll gain access to better items and quests for purchase. [B]Guild Materials can be collected by doing certain Guild Base quests and from the new 40 vs 40 Faction Wars.[/B]

My question is, when could we expect this feature to come out, and why didn't it already?
Post edited by Tremblewith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The developers completely failed and pretty much half assed the expansions, I for one am not surprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The developers completely failed and pretty much half assed the expansions, I for one am not surprised.

Pretty much what I had figured, lol.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This game will never be fixed in any way, things will just be taken away and things will be added for money.
    Ta-dah.

*** anyone?

edit: ^ has to be the funniest thing ever. Censoring ~removed~.
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Any PWE staff member willing to comment on Tremblewith's legitimate question?

Are guild base wars not implemented yet? Has no guild met the requirements necessary? Will PWI never feature them?

Any of you at all willing to respond to your player base?

b:question
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Any of you at all willing to respond to your player base?

b:question

You must be new here b:cute
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No idea if this is even remotely close to true, but: perhaps they have been intentionally holding off on the release of faction base wars due to the amount of concern expressed about PvE factions being able to lose part or all of their base from being attacked by bigger factions?

Now I have to admit, it's more likely there are just issues that didn't get fixed postponing the actual release. But I could see where they might want to hold off hoping smaller factions will invest their money into building a base, before all havoc breaks out :P

Who knows, just a passing thought really.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, it is better to get the cash invested first and then have it break.
    Bean-counter: Revenue made. (start calculating personal bonus at end of year)
    Player: QQ it broke (sadface etc etc)
    Bean-counter: What? what? You player lost motivation etc... You know whatever.. I made my baseline.

Next!

Possible senario? Dunno.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No idea if this is even remotely close to true, but: perhaps they have been intentionally holding off on the release of faction base wars due to the amount of concern expressed about PvE factions being able to lose part or all of their base from being attacked by bigger factions?

Umm.... no. You must still be new around here. This:
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • GenesisRocks - Raging Tide
    GenesisRocks - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow that really is sad on PWE's part (maybe dev's part). The most anticipated feature of the expansion was most likely guild bases and the 40v40 war. PvE is kind of a joke when it has a price tag on it. PvP is for the most part the most interesting piece of the game.
  • Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
    Tombvixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

They already had said the wars will be declineable. Meaning smaller factions can decline a larger factions attempt to crush thier base out of spite. So this should not be a concern at all.
    Anyhow, yes we at Dominus have been wondering the same Tremblewith.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They already had said the wars will be declineable. Meaning smaller factions can decline a larger factions attempt to crush thier base out of spite. So this should not be a concern at all.
    Anyhow, yes we at Dominus have been wondering the same Tremblewith.
    Ummm, no, you're wrong. You're thinking of a faction paying the 5mil or w/e to put another faction on the hostile faction list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Meh, the only reason I asked said question is due to a good amount of what was supposed to be released in this expansion, seems to have never happened.

Radiance is wondering the same thing, and no one know's why we are unable to 40 VS 40. Other than the feature never being implemented into the client. A GM/CM response would be nice on this subject, however we all know the chances of that are extremely slim. I might send a ticket in the near future, in hopes of not getting an automated response; but rather a human-like response explaining this all.
  • allelujah2
    allelujah2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yea pretty much describes exactly what happened the + the devs are to busy coming up with ways to completely kill this game off Rank 9 and cashshop havnt done it yet b:shutup
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mista would like an answer!
    Mista thought this would have been fun.
    :(
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, our information was that these new PvP battles would be part of the expansion, but our developers ended up needed more time to implement them. It's still being worked on as we speak, but I don't have an ETA yet; I'll let you know when I do.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, our information was that these new PvP battles would be part of the expansion, but our developers ended up needed more time to implement them. It's still being worked on as we speak, but I don't have an ETA yet; I'll let you know when I do.

Kinda what I had figured. Thanks for the response Frankie.