Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Once you bring something in that influences the gameplay in TW and PvP, you can't pull it out anymore. What you're doing is bring unbalance to TW/PvP because now those who waited on getting rank 9 has no chance to get it now or need to pay way too much for it while early cash shoppers could easily buy a full set.

I wonder if PWE even realises how good rank 9 gear is...

Anyways, what you did is pretty much the same as if you would take out jones blessings, and everyone without one has no chance to get new ones, while others have a huge stack to use for 2 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • damienthorn
    damienthorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    those who waited on getting rank 9 has no chance to get it now or need to pay way too much for it while early cash shoppers could easily buy a full set.

Exactly! Thats the way it is fools!
    Ever heard of the phrase "U Snooze, U lose?"

wtf is with you ppl wanting to play for free and still be on par with ppl that pay thousands for this game?
    Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • madrock4
    madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yea it kinda sux that medals are going to be removed from dq as a result of exploits cause as has been the case,some of us have been farming for ages to get them. and now that time has been spent in vain.the server cost for medals are very high and after investing so much time into this method of getting medals,it is really unfair that we're going to have to invest just as much time (possibly) into getting something we should have already been able to get.isnt it fairer to just fix the cause of the exploit,which is the glitch,as opposed to removing the entire thing?you did say that yall thought the medals worked well up till the exploit.the exploit isnt our fault and the entire server shouldnt have to suffer as a result.

it has not only cause imbalances in pvp (like introducing sins wasn't enough) but in the economy cause as has been previously mentioned,prices have sky-rocketed for medals and not only that,probably 90% garantee that a lot of the current rank9 owners are the ones that exploited the system.so now you just said to the exploiters, " we know what yall did, and we will reward u by making yall the most powerful people in the game". and for those that didnt exploit the system and actually paid, you got a sweet deal. that however does not make it any fairer, everyone deserves an equal chance of attaining the same items and just removing them and revertign to how ridic it was for getting them before is not going to work.so hopefully you'll will just fix the glitch and reconsider, or make another means just as easily attainable (relatively) as the sqp points system was.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    67 pages, 664 messages...

And so far only ONE reply form PWI's staff. And the CM admitted he lied to us in his opening message...

Nice community management....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What's more to say? They lied in the beginning. We threw every possibility of how they could have fixed it at them. They then had to admit the lie and that it was because of a lack of profit from the medals. Just waiting for them to hit cash shop.. hopefully tonight.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    67 pages, 664 messages...

And so far only ONE reply form PWI's staff. And the CM admitted he lied to us in his opening message...

Nice community management....

And yet... this is nothing new from PWI. There's a reason we rarely, if ever, actually trust these announcements nowadays.
  • BlazingII - Sanctuary
    BlazingII - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

This stinks i mave been buying mysterious chips and saving dq points for month just to try and get my rank 9, but looks like I never will, so will be spending less money in pwi in future and its your loss!!!
  • BlazingII - Sanctuary
    BlazingII - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This truly stinks so much for saving dq points and buying mysterious chips, big con!!!
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    inb4 medals in CS for 5 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    Tutmozis - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    So thanks for the answer Frankie.

so for the next question: How r u going to solve the disbalance between those who had a chance to gain Rank 9 already and the rest?

This good opportunity to introduce R10 b:laugh , so rich people can spend again few 1k$ (don't worry PWi they will) to get it, while the rest at least can farm R9 in half year of playing.

And total newbies will get R8 in Account stash, and they will wondering what and where is TT or Lunar...and what those forges do...

And this new bonus stuff what you get as low level...omg...need 3 FC to hit level 60...whats the point ? PWi you screwed this game...its become pointless to do any quests beside culty...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How r u going to solve the disbalance between those who had a chance to gain Rank 9 already and the rest?

By putting the Medal's in the CS tonight b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omaxio
    omaxio Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey,

i think the best solution is to fix the DQ -medal glitch or put it into the boutique again.
    The Idea of getting medals from TW is very bad in my opinion.

1. Like it was mentioned, that there is only 1 medal each week, and alot ppl want to make full r9 i guess. In 1 year only like 3 ppl would be able to get full r9 then lol.

2. The factions with all the rich ppl who already got r9 will have more and more territories.
    That would make it almost impossible for other factions to get medals. This would destroy the TW gameplay cause no faction could ever beat the strongest faction. All ppl have to be able to get medals.

And consider:

The more medals u provide (DQ points/ boutique) the more ppl will cash and buy the tons of chips by gold xd.
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    By putting the Medal's in the CS tonight b:avoid

if they do it would be a huge insult to all players. since they been lying twice in 1 thread then.

first the exploit was meaningless since u could trade em via dq items.
    second if it is too easy to get em with dq system, it is even easier to get it in boutique.

seriously that is an insult. i hope they wont be that greedy.

better get the 40 vs 40 fac base wars into game, and get medals as an reward in those battles.
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you sir, have no idea about the game, and it's economy.

* hey you just won the lottery! you won 15 million dollars*

*two days later*

*Phonecall saying you didn't win anything! so pay everything back with interest, because you weren't the rightfull owner of the money*

see where this is going? they can't make something available, and then just destroy it. There would be 10xxx people making a lawsuit versus the company, and trust me, they will win.

Actually they would lose and then be stuck with court costs as well (assuming a lawyer to take the case could be found). Already talked to a lawyer to see if I could recoup the $ I already wasted/got scammed out of. And thanks to the TOS that everyone agrees to just buy installing/playing the game nothing legally can be done other than doing a chargeback if you happen to have paid by credit card, and that is only good for payments less than 30-90 days old (depends on cc company). Long story short PW owns everything about your character and can do as they see fit, including delete it w/o reason, just certain items, your entire account or shut the game down without notice (has happened with plenty other mmo's I used to play, both free and pay). And players will continue to be screwed in various ways in PW as well every other MMO until people start refusing to play en masse until they start making TOS's that are actually fair and don't give the company all the advantages and **** the players at every opportunity. Fat chance since most click "I agree" w/o even reading it and MMO companies are laughing all the way to the bank with this fact.
  • Alicedragon - Sanctuary
    Alicedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You aren't very sharp, are you? For your information a full rank9 set gives you 50 attack level (80 with jone's blessing) and 20 defense level. The next best thing is nirvana which depending of the type of pieces, you can get either 10 attack level, or 5 attack level with 10 defense level. Nirvana armor is obsolete against rank9 in pvp.

did i not just say that its the next best thing? *facepalm* xD i said if we can no longer get the r9 then the best next thing is nirvana yes we wont be able to get as much attack lvl but against r9 people you got somewhat of a better chance than if you got with tt90 green *which unfortunately is what we got now for alot of people thanks to the devs nerf of tt runs which now makes it impossible to grind/solo for venos which gave us the economy boost that we needed. Check your glasses next time i made a suggestion which so happens to be a good one :P Regardless settle with it if we have no other choice a +12 2nd cast nirvana weapon I.E Nirvana bow with spirit black hole will stil do major damage against someone and regardless even if they do have r9: no buffs=game over in tw/pk so have fun ^-^ <3

and btw in tw/pk your survivability for most is a few minutes if not a few seconds yes r9 is nothing but 2nd casted is close enough and even if some cant afford it least nirvana is grind-able somewhat enough with a close friend squad to help you get the cannys/raps you need to make it and then recast for the effects you want. R9 will die just as fast and others skill will trump gear if you know how to play your class so make sure to use the skills you know about your class in order for you to survive at least a few seconds more :p regardless it gives us somewhat a chance against them and btw they aren't that bad gear u don't have to have the full set the bonuses aren't worth it i.e weap pants is all you need use r8 which is still cheap to get to use and then gear them all up with good gems *lunar ring for 2nd if you don't have ring of trauma* and max stat as much as you can your gear *interval or with archangel set +10 or turn them nirvana anyways for better stats*
  • jagexr
    jagexr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL opinion???? no. this is about money. thats not opinion.
  • icesun
    icesun Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We want MEDALS back! This is one of the best and popular servers, thats how pwi treat us, because they dont want more rank 9 now??? The chinese server suks and they got few r9s, they dont want people from others servers coming here, thats what u meant frankie. Really this game its turning more into a cashshop game. Now all the people who got the r9s are gonna dominate the game, Thanks PWI for been so FAIR
  • icesun
    icesun Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys we are the customers, we should not put more cash in this game as a protest, they dont respect us, we are like slaves, they do what they want.
  • IceFlamez - Sanctuary
    IceFlamez - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    just a question bout this.. but am i the only one that sees the website as unavailable..?? what's the point of all the new ways to obtain DQ when you can't use them anyhow? The medals are a shame.. it's not fair to penalize those who didn't do the crime so to speak.. PWI should fix the glitch.. as like most have said they have been working their butts off to get their medals for they gear.. and for them to waste all that time is just ridiculous.. this wasn't our error it was theirs.. why do the players once again suffer?
  • unaro
    unaro Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Too late for the other side
    Caught in a chase
    Medals out of my life...
    Too late for the other side
    Caught in a chase
    Medals out of my life...

I don't think GM's understand the sacrifices that I made
    Maybe if those nabs had acted right I would've stayed
    But I've already wasted over half of my life I would've charged more zen for you
    I no longer cry for PWI
    No more pain nabs you
    Took my zen for granted took my gold and ran it straight into the planet
    Into the dirt I can no longer stand it
    Now my medals I demand'em
    Imma take control of this relationship
    Command it, and imma be the boss of you now damn it...
    And what I mean is that I will no longer let you control me
    So you better hear me out this much you owe me
    I gave up my life for PWI, totally devoted to you while I've stayed
    Faithful all the way this is how I f*cking get repaid
    Look at how I dress f**** Archangel's set, go to grind a mess
    Always in a rush to get back to General Summer
    I ain't heard you yet
    Not even once say you appreciate me I deserve respect
    Ive done my best to give you nothing less than perfectness
    And I know that if I end this I'll no longer have nothing left
    But you keep treating me like a staircase it's time to f***** step
    And I wont be coming back so don't hold your f***** breath
    You know what you've done no need to go in depth
    I told you, you'd be sorry if I f***** left
    Id laugh while you wept
    Hows it feel now, yeah, funny ain't it, you neglected me
    Did me a favor although my spirit free you've set
    But a special place for PWI in my heart I have kept
    It's unfortunate but it's...
    Too late...
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But wait... You might get an ultra rare fluffy bunny now.......... woooohooooo !?!?!

Ugh. Rule of thumb: nerving usually is bad.
    Better to find ways to work around a problem or maybe.... fix it?

I know, I know.. I am having a bad hair-day.

Aka I am patching Windows PC's.. all 10 of them.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Removing medals?

Wow, just wow.......

PW must have rocks in their heads or something

Seriously, people that have been saving for r9 are going to leave the game. Even worse, people that have already bought the chips and the rep and were farming for the medals are going to be pisssssssed.

But also, less medals availiable is going to mean r9 is harder to get meaning that many arent going to cs as much for r9 anymore.

Congratu****nglations PWI,
    You just managed to **** of a great number of people AND decrease your income.

Let me guess, medals will be in the cs 1 month from now?

Idiots
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This leaves people in a weird position where it's very likely to go try and PVP only to get the **** kicked out of them by a r9 player, yet they themselves are almost completely incapable of getting that same gear, no matter how much they spend or how much they farm. Kinda frustrating.

Exactly. Wouldn't mind to have it super exclusive but many have r9 already and fight a r9 archer, sin or psy or whatever with Nirvana set or even less. Your odds aren't the best
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • zg198542
    zg198542 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have been pissed for whole week! what the **** happend of dev's head? I believe removing medals from DQ point did really ruined the game market!! U guys just did a worst thing in the game! Do u guys know u just treat players as fool and made players feel so bad of PWI. **** those devsb:angry all my time and money spend on DQ and rank9 is nothing now! I even did not change any single medal! I though to save all19 medal DQ points and change all. Now, i has nothing except those stupid useless DQ points.b:angry
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm not upset at the fact that they're gone, but how it was done. It was done too suddenly and without much concern for the players, just the company's pocketbook. You need to warn people and give them time to trade in dq points if they have been saving them.. Give people a month or even 1 day to trade in things they have been saving for soooo long. This is unfair and I am dissapointed in the PWI concern for it's customers.
  • omegaduy
    omegaduy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I was hoping the medal return...oh ****...I just wasted 170 gold on chip packs. Can I get reimbursed for something else then, since no one is gonna get medal back bc u guys fail to properly implimenting it. Just admit that u guys are doing this so Medal of Glory Sale have value and u would make money instead of giving it to us because we grind it or that we find way to get it cheap or in this instance free w/ hard work grinding dq....Just tough up and tell us that u guys just finding way to milk us for our addiction...seem I'll be done w/ this game if this is not dealt w/ properly instead of more excuses.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm not upset at the fact that they're gone, but how it was done. It was done too suddenly and without much concern for the players, just the company's pocketbook. You need to warn people and give them time to trade in dq points if they have been saving them.. Give people a month or even 1 day to trade in things they have been saving for soooo long. This is unfair and I am dissapointed in the PWI concern for it's customers.

It is pretty obvious that the Game Masters (devs, GMs, whoever) saw a massive build up of DP and thought it would be like a dam breaking if all of those DP were suddenly converted into MoGs. Add to that the fact the MoGs could be easily converted into items worth 10's of millions of coins, and the reaction was to slam the door shut fast before the dam broke and there would be no control at all. Of course, added to this is the debate over the CASH value of these items, as they are obviously popular yet the DP system provided no direct income to PWI from the creation of MoGs. (One could argue that some players were using Zen to buy gold that bought coins that bought DP items that were used to buy MoGs, but the connection is likely very hard to measure effectively.)

But I still think it could have been handled much better. Instead of slamming down a rule "no more MoGs" and dumping a half-baked excuse (honestly, the exploit is a significant part of the problem, but it is not THE problem all by itself), they should have made a plan, which might have included stopping the DP distribution of MoGs, but would have included 1) a definite indication of what would happen to the DP system, 2) a description of how and when MoGs would be available in the future, and 3) some kind of mea culpa (my mistake) response to the players in the form of a compensation for all the time, effort and in many cases actual money lost to players through this situation.

Many ideas have been offered in this thread, and I hope that something satisfactory is done. In the meantime, I am waiting with some anticipation for the next update, to see if any of this gets resolved.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Zudy - Dreamweaver
    Zudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    R U GUYS FKN JKNG? wth is wrong with u ppl? get the fkn jonas blessing and dq page back, and put those damn medals back in the game somehow. a new maintenance just to add a few more of ur crapy sales? IT PASSED A WEEK MORONS, A WEEK, AND U DIDNT FIX ANYTHING ABOUT THE DAMN MEDALS! it is some kind of fail experiment? wanna see how much ppl will quit? it's the DEV's decision? then let the damn DEVs pay u.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I love how most of the people Q_Qing about medals being taken out are people that had no intentions of going rank 9.

Here's a tip, the items given by DQ points were designed to be bound to your character and untradeable.

90% of the people complaining about this are only doing so because they can't sell medals anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL i thought i saw what i'm about to post was in THIS thread but i guess not..... so here it is. Really makes you wonder if the quote i'm posting is true...... then wtf????
    Oh and one more thing I'd like to point out...I specifically heard someone who shall remain nameless on the Harshlands server QQin that they could no longer change the medals to tradeable (BEFORE they were removed from the DQ list). Because of some random thing on the game that was fixed that made them no longer tradeable. So gg on takin them out after fixing the issue.

I'm surprised no one saw this post....... So... it was fixed.. then they took them out to... fix them. God damn i thought PWE was stupid but .... damn....
This discussion has been closed.