PvP Barb help

rekaisavage
rekaisavage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
b:surrender so today i challenged a lvl 62 seeker and got my *** kicked xD! so im guessing i obviously need some help with PvPing, so if anyone can give me some tips or tricks i could use that would be very helpful, since i do plan on becoming a PK barb. b:chuckle btw. i am a lvl 69 barb.
Post edited by rekaisavage on

Comments

• Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    this is an easy one. get accuracy rings and belts and what not on ur gear because seekers have decent evasion. second, max out Blood Bath this skill comes in handy against bm's, seekers, sins, and archers. get occult ice for ur genie cuz seekers under 79 don't have anti stun. stun, stun, and stun as often as u can, a barb can't stun lock but Mighty Swing should be highly effective on seekers the more u lvl it up. also one thing u may need to look into, seekers use both strong based physical and magical attacks so to minimize their magic dmg get this skill for ur genie "True Emptiness" where it drastically lowers the magic dmg output inflicted upon ur toon.
    hope this helps
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    this is an easy one. get accuracy rings and belts and what not on ur gear because seekers have decent evasion. second, max out Blood Bath this skill comes in handy against bm's, seekers, sins, and archers. get occult ice for ur genie cuz seekers under 79 don't have anti stun. stun, stun, and stun as often as u can, a barb can't stun lock but Mighty Swing should be highly effective on seekers the more u lvl it up. also one thing u may need to look into, seekers use both strong based physical and magical attacks so to minimize their magic dmg get this skill for ur genie "True Emptiness" where it drastically lowers the magic dmg output inflicted upon ur toon.
    hope this helps

Do what this guy said.

Also don't fall for that Str build or Claw Barb ****. You get 20 hp per vit point. Use it to the fullest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver
    Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ahhh okay tyvm for the help b:pleased
  • countazazal
    countazazal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a 10x Barb and all i do is PvP i like RPKing all day long so this may Help do everthing that that dude told u to exept ull need another genie skill Tree off protection im hoping u have it and i find extreme posion comes in handy when facing sins and any class that has low HP Dont listen to Kniraven about sticking to the Vit build shiit he dont know what hes talking about im a vit Build barb and they fail when facing anything off aps like Kniravens bm owns my barb cause his Pys def is to high and his dex is high so i always miss him he just goes apps on my **** but ive seen those 5 aps sins and bm go down to a claw barb so i would sajest going claws build theres a Barb in Yakuza named CruncyCat very good PvP Barb if anything should proberbly PM him/Her see if she can give u any furtyher help on ure barb
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a 10x Barb and all i do is PvP i like RPKing all day long so this may Help do everthing that that dude told u to exept ull need another genie skill Tree off protection im hoping u have it and i find extreme posion comes in handy when facing sins and any class that has low HP Dont listen to Kniraven about sticking to the Vit build shiit he dont know what hes talking about im a vit Build barb and they fail when facing anything off aps like Kniravens bm owns my barb cause his Pys def is to high and his dex is high so i always miss him he just goes apps on my **** but ive seen those 5 aps sins and bm go down to a claw barb so i would sajest going claws build theres a Barb in Yakuza named CruncyCat very good PvP Barb if anything should proberbly PM him/Her see if she can give u any furtyher help on ure barb

Ah ha ha, don't tell aether i said this but strength kittys are just tasty treats for any magic class b:thanks But its true crunchy is a very good barb! x.x His air genie skill =/ rawr
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    imo to win as a barb, roll a sin and rofl pwn them. js
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First and foremost, duels are nothing like actual pking, I just wanted to get that out of the way.

As for pvping as a barb, I can only tell you what I've seen work effectively for them.

I've personally seen that vit barbs are the best pvp build for 2 reasons.
    1) you're hard as hell to kill. Between a charm, high defenses, insanely high hp, apoth, and crab meat, you're simply impossible to kill for some classes.
    2) Armageddon with a vit barb is scary.

Speaking of Arma, don't be afraid to use it. Stun when you can and get your opponent as close to 50% hp as you can (but not actually 50% so their charm ticks). When you have their hp at about 51-60%, use Arma, especially if your hp is 90%+.

I see waaaay too many barbs that are afraid to tick their own charm with arma. A lot of barbs don't realize this, but they could end a fight pretty quickly if they just grew a pair.

Oh and if you fight a caster/archer, use tiger form to chase them down. 6m/s+higher hp+ better pdeff is a pretty nice movement buff to have
  • Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver
    Rekaisavage - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hmmm okay.. ill just go with the "put as much vit as possible into ur barb" suggestion :3!!! but anyways thank you all for your help :P and... QQ xD