Partylevellimit

Options
Satakrion - Dreamweaver
Satakrion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hiho..

After searching a while upon google, the wiki and this forum i got rid of reading comments about increasing max. level and "looking 4 highlevel party".

My question is the following one:

What is the max. allowed difference between 2 chars in a party to enable EPP-share?

eg. 1 lvl.23 and 1 lv. 5.

thanks 4 usefull answers.
Post edited by Satakrion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what's EPP?

anyway, people who run FC for experience generally try to keep all squad members within 10 levels of one another, from lowest to highest. i don't know if this is to eliminate XP loss entirely, or merely an accepted compromise for keeping it at a tolerable level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Satakrion - Dreamweaver
    Satakrion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i meant EXP, LenieClarke. Looks like the bats in my keyboard are going to die soon.

Well, it looks like i'll have to give it a try and find out.

I think i will report the results here.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    to enable exp-sharing? experience sharing is always enabled in squads, regardless of player levels.

if there's a too big level difference, though, total experience gained (before the sharing rules kick in) gets severely nerfed; if a level-19 and a level-100 walk into FB19, neither of them should expect any real XP gain from it. FC squads (who often run for the XP, in order to level, after all) sometimes work hard to keep the whole squad within 10 levels, so i assume the XP loss is minimal or zero in that case --- but the loss is not total unless the difference is much greater than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • DeathsPrayer - Harshlands
    DeathsPrayer - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:pleased
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It also depends on the levels of the squad in relation to what's being killed, show on this nifty chart. As far as i can tell, this applies once for each person in the squad, so if you have someone who is 5 levels higher than a mob and one that is 12, you'll only get 40% of the normal exp, same with the drop rates.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What is the max. allowed difference between 2 chars in a party to enable EPP-share?

eg. 1 lvl.23 and 1 lv. 5.
    EXP is always shared, however having characters of different levels will affect how it is shared. For details, see the "Experience Point Sharing" section of the Experience Points entry in the PWI wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)