Can't Even Get Into The Game

urloviealways
urloviealways Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Support Desk
I having some troubles opening PWI. I just downloaded the game, installed ect. I double clicked the desktop icon and the Patcher came up. Going off a guess I clicked the big orange start button. Then nothing... The button turned gray, the patcher closed and I'm left staring at my desktop for 15 minutes. (Hoping...) I have no idea what's wrong. Starting to think uninstalling it and trying a different game would be in my best interests....
Post edited by urloviealways on

Comments

• kadothebmxer
    kadothebmxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I having some troubles opening PWI. I just downloaded the game, installed ect. I double clicked the desktop icon and the Patcher came up. Going off a guess I clicked the big orange start button. Then nothing... The button turned gray, the patcher closed and I'm left staring at my desktop for 15 minutes. (Hoping...) I have no idea what's wrong. Starting to think uninstalling it and trying a different game would be in my best interests....

i am haveing the exact same problem but no one can tell me anything about it :( i just wana play lol
  • foxkiddo
    foxkiddo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I try to log in.... like it gets to the screen with the little dancing things then I type in my stuff... click the enter thing and then it crashes.... I'm just like ok.... i waited so long for this genesis thing, now I'm just thinking of leaving pwi all together because of this issue.
  • MiniByte - Dreamweaver
    MiniByte - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have the same problem,
    at that big orange button it says enter game fails ._.
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

Let me know if this helps you out, and if go ahead and submit this issue in a ticket to Tech Support. Let them know what you have tried here, and what the results were. You may want to include any related screenshots and your system's dxdiag.

Cheers b:cuteb:cuteb:cute
  • Susanye - Lost City
    Susanye - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I Have alredy done these.But I can't enter, it loadings but when should starts, it says there is a problem.Please I really would like to play.Could someone help me?
    b:sadb:sadb:sad
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For all of you that are experiencing this issue, please submit this issue in a ticket to Tech Support. Be sure to describe exactly where the game is holding up on you and attach your system's dxdiag to the ticket. Tech Support will be able to assist you further from there.

Goodluck!
    b:thanksb:cuteb:thanks