Other Classes with Tideborn/EarthGuard Hair

Options
Nana___ - Sanctuary
Nana___ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Not sure if this question has been covered, but if it has perhaps redirect me?

Is it bannable for a non tideborn/earthguard character to have tideborn/earthguard hair?
I've seen some people with non-class hair on and I was wondering if it was a bannable offense.

Seems harmless to me, though.
Post edited by Nana___ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes, it's bannable. It requires editing certain files, which is bannable.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anything you cannot obtain via makover is bannable hence it`s the alteration of the game files to obtain other race hair styles, even skin colours or bigger/smaller body proportions. There already was a thread similar to this 1.
  • Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yes i seen a lot of ppl with EG hair . . . .cant blame some of the TB ppl doing it ether TB hair sucks b:chuckle and the EG has better hair u got to admit that lol . . . but yes it is band able and no i have not dont it. . .
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its bannable, but i believe its an issue that should be resolved in some way that allows the players to have access to other races hairstyles. this issue has gone on since the game opened, and the fact it continues shows that people will go to some trouble to have the look they want.

perhaps if there could be an option in the makeover scrolls, that would give players access to the larger variety of hairstyles? or something of the sort..... i know i would welcome it. i like short hair, and both the TB and EG have nice short cuts i would like to try.

c'mon, devs. you guys are always looking for a fast buck. add this to the makeover, and watch the sales soar...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ofc editing ini. files is allowed :D
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you run around Archo West you will see at least 100 people that edited ini. files to get a unique look, so as new players you would probably assume its allowed b:sweat

But its against ToS of course and i'm sure there's been 100 treads about this already.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In the past GMs have ruled that copying .ini files from one directory to another is not bannable. If that decision still holds you could copy an earthguard file to another class's directory and use a makeover scroll to get the preset on your current character and then you could change everything else using the game...
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In the past GMs have ruled that copying .ini files from one directory to another is not bannable. If that decision still holds you could copy an earthguard file to another class's directory and use a makeover scroll to get the preset on your current character and then you could change everything else using the game...

They first stated indeed that moving files isn't bannable. When the tideborn came out however they stated moving/editing the .ini files to get a race-restricted hairstyle is bannable b:surrender

it's a shame really... The hairstyles are really nice...

I like the idea however of adding more hairstyles to the make-over option.. ._." I would defenitily get my char(s) a makeover scroll then >.>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its not bannable, it was all just empty threats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Technically it's not allowed but how many people actually report this stuff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not much people I gues.. the people who do are most likely jealous :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's bannable, but it's the type of bannable where you're just a complete d-bag if you actually report someone for it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Does anyone have screenshots of people who do this (with the names edited out)? I'm curious to see what nice ideas they had that was worth running into said douchebags, and I mean this without an ounce of sarcasm for once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Does anyone have screenshots of people who do this (with the names edited out)? I'm curious to see what nice ideas they had that was worth running into said douchebags, and I mean this without an ounce of sarcasm for once.

You can do some cool stuff with it for sure.

Our server has seen an incredibly overweight BM named Oprah Winfrey, a barb with eyes like an owl, a big head and upper body and a giant red mohawk and two players with **** bigger than most people's heads.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Technically it's not allowed but how many people actually report this stuff?

There are a lot of new people that see it on the game, screenshot it, and post it on the forums asking if it's okay to do that... which leads to mods/GMs saying to report said person for it... I think that's the only way people get banned for it, unless a GM actually sees you ingame with it. Unless you are complete **** hole, I don't see why you would report it knowingly. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate