Water Shards in Daggers??

Options
Krizalit - Lost City
Krizalit - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
Yesterday i see a sin with 2 water dmg shards in daggers? this is good? i mean is a nice option against HA? can work together with coundend thorn? or is usesless?
Post edited by Krizalit - Lost City on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It sucks.

Does not work with Condensed Thorn.

The sin you saw was an idiot.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The idea is you can basically get a G11 water shard for less than a flawless garnet.

People like BMs will always pop physical marrow when fighting a Sin. When they do, the water shard actually pays off. 99% of the time in pvp, and 100% of the time in pve the shard doesn't pay off. Just a space saver until they can afford a "real" gem. Sins have so many damage multipliers that a flawless garnet will increase about the same amount of damage against a HA as a G11 magic shard.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's probably like the avarage citrines in my sin's interval cape. For fun, until I get the real shards (probably perfect or higher, not even sure yet XD).

And it may be cheaper, that flawless garnet actually adds more raw dmg cause of it getting multiplyd by dex
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Errrr... I was under the impression that the water damage dealt by condensed thorn was calculated based on physical damage, rendering water damage shards completely useless??
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Errrr... I was under the impression that the water damage dealt by condensed thorn was calculated based on physical damage, rendering water damage shards completely useless??

That's true.

Some people just have weird beliefs. You have a similar thing with fire damage shards and Blazing Arrow on archers. That, too, works off of physical damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.