Player Harassment

Options
Foliet - Dreamweaver
Foliet - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I'm not sure if this belongs in General Discussion but I don't know where to put it. I'm just looking for the rules/guidelines on how PWI deals with player harassment and what it defines it as. Should I open a ticket? Also what are the rules reguarding advertising certain prices and charging a different price in the catshop?
Post edited by Foliet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear
    UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know that you can "Report" a player just by right clicking on their name. I am guessing that that is for harassment of hacking, although i never tried it myself so I am not too sure. Also i suggest u take a screen shot of what happens just in case, so the staff of PWI is more likely to believe u cz im sure they get tons of harassment reports from people just being stupid.
    For the prices on catshops, as long as u own what u are selling (lol duh) and it is LEGAL to sell (ex: not a jonas blessing) there is no rule on what u can charge for it, it is ur item after all and if somebody wants to pay 10 mills for an arrow i say let them xD
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Check b4 you buy.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I harassment of hacking

sorry meant harassment OR hacking
  • Foliet - Dreamweaver
    Foliet - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know that you can "Report" a player just by right clicking on their name. I am guessing that that is for harassment of hacking, although i never tried it myself so I am not too sure. Also i suggest u take a screen shot of what happens just in case, so the staff of PWI is more likely to believe u cz im sure they get tons of harassment reports from people just being stupid.
    For the prices on catshops, as long as u own what u are selling (lol duh) and it is LEGAL to sell (ex: not a jonas blessing) there is no rule on what u can charge for it, it is ur item after all and if somebody wants to pay 10 mills for an arrow i say let them xD

The only report on the right click menu I see is "Report Hacking" as for the prices I realise that there is not set price for any of the items I was reffering more to if a player World Chat and such saying they are charging X price for the item when in reality the cat shop price is different
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Then yes, i guess u can just submit a ticket. I have submitted 2 tickets before. 1 for my marriage invitation randomly evaporating into thin air because of the time change and 1 just to ask a very noobish question about genies to the PWI staff, and both times they were nice enough to answer me within the next day and fixed the problem right away. Soo dont worry ask them anything u want, its kinda what they are there for =P. (i still strongly suggest u attach a pic if u can)
    If a player WC to sell an item for a very high price (im guessing) then i do not think that breaks any rules in the game. If someone buys it then even if they got "scammed" the seller didnt break any laws, they just sold an item. always check catshop or AH for the price of something before u buy it.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Also, if u mean the player is IN CATSHOP MODE and WC about selling soem axes for 50k but in reality they are 75k in his shop (just an example) i still do not think that that break any laws. It is lying but then again that's the world we live in unfortunately.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If someone is harrassing you, try to blacklist them first (this would stop them from pm-ing you) however you can still see them speaking if they speak in common chat (the white font above their heads). If blacklisting does not help I would them suggest sending a ticket. The "report" feature in-game is used to only report cases of hacking, it used to be called "report hacking". Just send in a regular ticket or send a pm to a GM. Remember to take screen shots.

To address your second question, if someone advertises different prices in a catshop that clearly aren't true is scamming and it is a bannable offense. Take screen shots and report the shop. But it is always best to check the prices of something before you buy.

Good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • ValsVixen - Dreamweaver
    ValsVixen - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know that of which you speak.

I have seen the wcs by the catshop stating thier 'item' is cheaper than the same item you are selling in your catshop. They are thus single-ing you out by name on wc in an attempt to take your business, while increasing thier own, even though the price they have in thier shop is higher than they are claiming on wc..

I'm not sure that there is anything the gms would do about it though. (the prices) Although I do agree it is directed directly towards you, (which could be harrassment).

My solution?

I'd set my catshop up a few feet from thiers, and take all thier business, after all your 'item' was cheaper.

Don't get upset, get even.
    b:bye
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    Shiilune - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also know who you speak of.

To tell you the truth when I sell I set my price at eg 325k for a pack. Then at the shop description I say 325k for packs. Even though he says 320k in shop description, he is at eg 328k.

I have found that I sell alot more packs than he does simply because my price is the price advertised. The people buying at me probably see I am honest and thats how I beat the... er... idiot.
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about the guys(for example) with a catshop that advertizes - Perfect:Token of Best Luck ...and inside they have a Perfect: Token of Luck for 4.8 MIL. They look identical, and it's an obvious scam. Should ppl like this be reported? ...and which is the best/prefered channel for reporting scammers?

I realize you should always look before you buy, but obviously these guys are having some degree of scamming success or they wouldnt persist.
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But I know someone who got banned for selling teles for 100k each but his catshop said 10k, so is that really a reason to get banned or maybe he was wrong about the banning reason?
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not harassment just business. They have the same right to change prices based on your prices in the same way you have the right to change yours based on theirs. They also have the same right to WC what ever the hell they want, just like most businesses can advertise (for the most part) what ever they want about their product as long as it doesn't border on advertising something their not selling.

Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not harassment just business. They have the same right to change prices based on your prices in the same way you have the right to change yours based on theirs. They also have the same right to WC what ever the hell they want, just like most businesses can advertise (for the most part) what ever they want about their product as long as it doesn't border on advertising something their not selling.

You got it wrong. The other player is saying he is selling for a less price but he really isn't (he is selling for a higher price)...which is bannable
    ........give me the ban hammer plzb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You got it wrong. The other player is saying he is selling for a less price but he really isn't (he is selling for a higher price)...which is bannable b:cute...

........give me the ban hammer plzb:thanks
    Sorry candy, I was addressing the op, who made no mention of that situation, merely that they were being harassed by a fellow merchant ^^; sorry If I read it wrong
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry candy, I was addressing the op, who made no mention of that situation, merely that they were being harassed by a fellow merchant ^^; sorry If I read it wrong

No need to apologize o.o and yeah that last sentence..didn't get the jest of what he was really saying at first....but i really want that ban hammer...b:angry need to get rid of some of these 'competition'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure if this belongs in General Discussion but I don't know where to put it. I'm just looking for the rules/guidelines on how PWI deals with player harassment and what it defines it as.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms ...click that, takes you to PWI's "ToS", outlines everything they will take action over if anything ever can be proved through ScreenShots or Fraps or if a GM personally sees the Actions.

Item #11, A-N.

Just extra fyi, the "report hacking" button you see when right-click a player, is for reporting things to a GM, it will cause a GM to take a look at the player and what the player is doing....i.e, report a supposed Botter mainly. Can report a person luring a boss into SZ ofc, but it takes time for the GM's to come if one is online ingame, so reporting That is pretty much useless so take a SS or Frap it and send the link to video or SS's in a Ticket for them to see/watch.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sellers have accidentally put in too many or too few zeroes when they put their shop up, they've also forgotten to update the price of all the stacks of good when they wanted to sell at a different price.

Do you ***** when you buy from a shop saying "350k packs" but the seller actually had them up at 340k, or worse, 34k? I know people who made those mistakes.

When people put a higher price than their shop had labeled, oh now they must be scammers. Listen here: most people don't fall for mislabels. Putting a higher price for an item while advertising otherwise just repulses buyer. Maybe 1 or 2 guys might fall for it once in a while, and you gain what? 100k? 1m?

A catshop can net multiple millions in a day. You think a typical merchant would give that up to scam people on purpose?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Wenomus - Dreamweaver
    Wenomus - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    :DD

I got someone chat banned for harassment, and your packs are cheaper than
    *not saying couse of naming and shaming rule*
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Both conditions mentioned can result in a ban, and the proper thing to do is screenshot the occurrence and send in a ticket.

Harassment is a big deal, and is definitely a bannable offense, but first be sure that the other player is intentionally harassing you. If it is an obvious case of harassment, please screenshot and report it. Scamming is a little harder to pin down; however, if it is a defintive difference (not just an extra zero, as that is an easy error to make), screenshot and report it.

Thank you for asking your question in a civil manner, and I hope you continue your merchanting efforts with great success. b:thanks

P.S. ~ The in-game "Report" button is intended to be used when a player is using any kind of ****, such as a bot or .ini edit.
  • reuty117
    reuty117 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Meh, Im too lazy to change the name of my shop when I adjust prices. Sorry, its a couple of pennies. Deal with it.
    As for harrassment, when you rage WC about me when I havent been online for 10 hours....I just gotta ask, are you impaired mentally somewhat? :o No offense intended, Id just like to understand the situation.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Trollololol Golgotha rage in Worldchat Trollloolololol
  • SilkWind - Lost City
    SilkWind - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What happens if you blacklist someone but the name doesn't stay blacklisted? I've had that happen, where someone is really bothering me, hitting on me, and I blacklist them. But the next day, the name is gone, and the player is harassing me again. Isnt a blacklist permanent?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angel of Peace
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What happens if you blacklist someone but the name doesn't stay blacklisted? I've had that happen, where someone is really bothering me, hitting on me, and I blacklist them. But the next day, the name is gone, and the player is harassing me again. Isnt a blacklist permanent?

If they not stop...after a SS of you asking them and then later on continues even when you not around them or see them...on a consistent basis...if prolonged and often enough send all the SS in with the ticket.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some of the things I've seen on wc are a bit shocking. Obviously when you have a MMO there will be trolls and flamers that love nothing more than making others squirm...its just that I wished there was a limit.

Examples of things I wished were bannable over world chat:

- Giving away somebody's address, phone number, photos, or other private information that the player being harassed did not intend to be public knowledge.

- Repeatedly telling another player to kill themselves in real life.

- Somebody who **** another player's account admitting it and selling the stolen items over wc.

Edit* I've seen ALL of these things done repeatedly btw. And the people doing them weren't reprimanded so I don't want any Gm telling me they do, because they don't.