Disconnect issue

realdan
realdan Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Support Desk
I'm sick with this disconnect problem!!!!!! I die and i die because of this. I'm getting disconnected from the server very often: sometimes i get disconnect once per hour or two hours, but sometimes on an few minutes interval. And i know that is not my internet connection issue. I read some posts about this problem, but i thought that it was solved.
Post edited by realdan on

Comments

• Nyuchama - Archosaur
    Nyuchama - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1. Are you on a wirless network? (ex: VZ Wireless) I have wireless and it likes to disconnect a lot.
    2. What server are you on? I don't think anyone could help you if you don't say which server you are on.
    I've sunk so low in the sea of sadness
  • realdan
    realdan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, i'm not on an wireless network.
    The server i'm playing is Raging Tide.
  • Nyuchama - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    realdan wrote: »
    No, i'm not on an wireless network.
    The server i'm playing is Raging Tide.

Ahh, okay... I'm going to see if it's working for me,
    but everyone seems to have been having disconnect problems recently
  • Ayz - Lost City
    Ayz - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've seen a few threads about this, mine being one of them. But of course, PWE doesn't give a **** aslong as theyre getting money.
  • Poise_seeker - Raging Tide
    Poise_seeker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well it is how it is. You pay hundreds of dollars sometimes to get your favorite stuff.
    Then when trying to put it on or use it bam disconnection b:cry its not really fair at all.
    I do know though it usually happens around 4pm and 12 am server time. I log back on in less
    then a minute later it happens again instead of new things pwi needs to focus on this dc problem!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyuchama - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I went on Raging Tides, and my alternates are disconnecting/crashing.
    I've heard people have lost boutique items from the dcs, so I left immeadiately b:surrender
  • JolyneJostaR - Sanctuary
    JolyneJostaR - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm on the sanctuary server and I have lots of disconnects between 3 am to 6 am PST
    on the bright side, yesterday I hardly had any disconnects from 8 am to 10 am PST.

I've had times where I have been unable to finish bounty hunts because of the disconnection problem b:cry
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For those of you who are experiencing disconnects from the game please try the following:

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Put Name of Game Here

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

I know some of you may have seen this before, but please understand that it's the most simple of the solutions we can offer, and it has helped many other players who have experienced similar disconnects from game. So please try it.

Another thing you can try is to power down and restart your network hardware. Giving those pieces of equipment a rest can actually do wonder for your network connectivity issues. Again, this has helped others when the first advise didn't seem to work, so please give it a shot, it could help you.

If both still do not help you, please submit your disconnect issue in a ticket to Tech Support. Please tell be sure to explain the solutions you have tried and the results. That information will help us narrow down the possible causes. Submit any related screenshots, and your system's dxdiag. For disconnects, try running a traceroute when the issue happens and including that in your ticket.

We want you to enjoy your time in game, and understand how frustrating getting disconnected can be. Hope this stuff helps, and if not submit a ticket.

Cheers b:thanksb:cuteb:thanks