Failed to create C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect Wold International!

IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Support Desk
Yeah.. I read the other 2 threads on this problem and it didnt seem to help. I sent in a ticket as well but I didn't get an email either...

Earlier I went to get on and on the launcher I pressed start, anda pop up showed up with crazy letters with itallics on them so I was like ??? and uninstalled since this has happened on my laptop as well. When I went to uninstall it told me not all the files were removed and I cant find the other remaining files so I went to redownload and its like "theres files on exsisting do you wish to continue on those and make new blah blah. I made new and I downloaded fine but then I got to installation.
On installation it told me it didnt download correctly do you wish to verify, so I did the first time and it told me Failed to create C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect Wold International! and I didnt know what to do.
I redownloaded and didnt verify this time, and it still told me that. Im stumped on what to do and kinda of agigtated that this is happening. Im running on 64bit vista on my dekstop, what am I suppose to do now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by IBaMBii - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I recently had to redownload the game and the same thing happened to me. I am able to play now so here is what I did.

1. In the task manager make sure to end the process for "launcher" if it's in there from when you opened it earlier.
    2. Next I went to C: drive and deleted all perfect world folders including the main Perfect World Entertainment folder.
    (Not sure if you tried uninstalling the game first, but I did not. After i got the message "Failed to create..." I looked at the folders in the C: drive in pwi folder and a bunch were missing I was not able to use the uninstall shortcut. Then I just proceeded to step 2 deleting remaining files.
    3. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and did the Direct download.
    4. When installation started I got a message about existing files. I selected the top choice to delete them and continued with installation.

Can't exactly remember what messages I got next, but I did verify everything. When it was done I opened the launcher, patched, and now I'm back and playing after 3 days with no game b:pleased