Best way to farm Herc/Nix

Options
IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
As the title says, I'm currently looking for a good way to farm a herc and/or nix for my lv. 86 veno which is currently (but slowly) lvling at the moment. I would farm spiders with this char and my own nix if the veno wasn't on a different server b:surrender.

So, I wonder if there is any way you can farm those pets now without actual cashshopping, as I'd love to actually get those the same way I got my nix, though that would take me a long time and the game might be dead by then :p.

I am not looking for the only and one possible way to do it and if you have more ideas and suggestions on doing it then please let me know, I only do not wish to hear about TT farming as that is NOT possible (or just not worth it) without a herc.

Thanks in advance.
Oh and trolls shall be punished by my evil bunny wrath b:angry
My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
Post edited by IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I started farming for a herc when I was 84 and the way I did it was actually TT b:surrender I know you said you don't wanna hear it but that's what I did... anywho there are hundreds of ways for making cash.

I heard many interesting stories by friends and strangers. I was told a veno go her herc by selling US but it was back in the days when tokens didn't exist. lol Harvesting! A very close friend of mine farmed hell/heaven for a day and made over 40mill but then again herb's prices dropped...

The "buy low, sell high" option can bring a decent amount of cash in your pocket but some times if you're not being careful you can just **** up things so you always need to keep up to date with the market's prices.

I can't really say much about this 'cus if I tell the ways that work for me I might just ruin my income tho I kinda mentioned them in the above suggestions. However sometimes I don't even know from where all this money came in my inventory... luck? perhaps. I am a proud non cash shopper and have both herc and nix. I tried many ways of making cash. Just look around, try few ways and find which one works best for ya. After all different ways work for different ppl. ^^
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I got my nix on this veno when I was lvl 75, it was back in the days when they costed 30 to 50 mil, and the way I got it was pure DQ farming in swamp and collecting 2 mats that kept spawning near my grinding spot. It took a while but it was worth the effort hehe.

The reason I said I don't want to hear about TT's is because most of the time you'll never find a squad that takes a hercless veno, and what a veno would call "TT farming" equals squad mode herc so yeah.

Sometimes I wish I had a FC squad that would run 10+ runs a day with my other veno, cause usually you'll get a drop or 2 after so many runs, unless the drop rate's lowered even more than before lol.

What I did find kinda sucky was that last week when I ran FC with a random squad which happened to have a good barb for once, and a herc veno (yeah the arrogant annoying "im the best veno" herc veno).
    Now what I find really weird these days is that EVERY herc veno I've ever fc'd with has been worse than any non herc veno ive ever seen in the game lol. To put it that way they don't know how to use their skills, they dont purge/amp, they don't heal their pet, they use the worst skills ever (ex: noxious on single mobs and ironwood/blazing/lucky on random mobs when the barb obviously has the aggro of a huge group).
    Now I'm sure the barb trusted that veno 'cause he even said that, and I'm sure they've known eachother for longer than I have, but not using nova at all in a FC and not aoeing mob groups is just lame imo. The comment I get from her after tanking dreadindra with a glaciar and holding agro from her lame herc, soloing wolf because the bm genie canceled when he was aoeing and killed everyone >_> her comment to that is "n00b glacier veno" lol.

But I shouldn't post my epic to lame FC history in here haha.

If it helps, i'll post a few of the stats and skills my veno has (note this is on a different server where I don't have my high lvl mains and can't help her at all D:) and hopefully get me a nice grinding spot and other ways to make money.

Okay so the veno's level is currently 86 at about 3/4 way to 87.
    Maxed skills are: Purge, Amp, Bramble, Metabolic, Nature's, Venomous, Ironwood, Noxious, Fox form and Wood mastery.

Frost and Blazing were left at level 1 until I make sage/demon choice lol.

Level 9 skills are: Lucky scarab and Nova, oh and melee mastery cause I was bored :p.
    Summer sprint's lvl 2 cause not 89 yet >_>.

The pet I use on that veno is a lvl 86 glaciar and a currently 6x sawfly I'm lvling (ream lvl 4 tough 2 bash 1 and the fail toxic thing).

She's currently rank 5, I'm using fail citrine sharded sea captain sleeves + rank 4 robe + Sakra-Devanam-Lundra (TT80 gold sword w. 2 flaw sapphires) neck of the legion, Cape of tauran +3 w. 3 flaw citrines and non important gears.

Now if I add the weekly tw pay to that which is like 500k atm it'll help me get there I hope lol.
  • Shachath - Dreamweaver
    Shachath - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    let's see...

I'ma herc/nix veno, but i only got the herc when i was lvl 90.. but sadly they were both cash paid for.

But! I know alot of veno's that farmed their herc/nix. And one of the farmed TT with their pet. Single mod is the easiest, despite the fact you don't get as many mats, my Sharpling Wofling could tank all bosses ( and truth be told, I've always had the wolfling, and prefered him over the Armored Bear that i had before the herc.)

Another told me that he farmed both the herc and nix with hell herbs.

But, in saying that, I'm one of the few that will tell you, you seriously don't NEED a herc or Nix...

Glacial Walkers can learn the Herc skills, Protect and Reflect (though admittedly, they are bloody rare and expensive :< ) - and can be just as strong as any herc on the server... infact venos with these pets actually know how to do their class well..

Herc veno's have a bad name because some have become arrogant... Just remember. :) if they arn't a alt, then its no doubt that they paid for the pet, which is about $150... if you're lucky.

Farming herbs I think would be the best, easiest way of doing it, although long and boring.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What I think causes them to be so arrogant is the fact that they think the herc means instant skill, as a veno who has never used a herc since I got the game (thats wayyy back in 2008 lol) I really got used to playing veno as it was always meant to be played. In fact there are a few but very few herc venos out there who know how to play their class.

And yeah, I had gotten myself channelling gear and could tank every boss up to and including big room boss in FF/FC with a lvl 85 magmite :). The only problem I see is that not too many FF/FC squads take hercless venos anymore, it's because they understimate glaciar/magmite/etc venos so much these days.

I honestly find it funny that someone would call you a n00b at first sight because you didn't blow 200$ on a virtual fat n yellow pet =D.
    And yes I don't NEED a herc or nix, but they can be good to have and I'm sure it would work quite well with a veno like me :p.

And I am thinking of farming herbs though selling them can be a pain, my other plan was to level that sawfly and get to the lvl 96 spiders, since there's a spot where I can kill and harvest about 3 high mats at the same time ^_^ kinda reminds me of the swamp spot I grinded in for this veno's nix.