Is there a way to change the order of pet skills?

Options
_Ink_ - Raging Tide
_Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
The title pretty much says it. I just got my Herc recently. Used grinding to get him to 40-something, cubed up to 70 then last night I got him Bash to replace his attack since that's what everyone in the forums recommended. Of course, when he learned Bash it got put at the end of his list. Which means I have to right click the ability to get him to spam it and keep aggro, but I'm kind of a ditz so I usually forget to click it. If there any way to move it to the first spot so he automatically spams it without me having to right click it every time I summon him?
Post edited by _Ink_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Delete all of the skills except Bash and re-learn them which means wasting tons of money, or stop being so lazy.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You know, simply saying "No, there's no way to rearrange the skills." would have been just fine. Next time feel free to keep your rudeness to yourself.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another question for anyone who isn't a total jerk though, are the Christmas Blessing things from the supply stash still permanent and still keep the pets fed like the arcane books, only I'll never have to get another? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've just been researching them but all the information I find is from 2009. I don't want to go buying a perfect iron hammer just to find out it will expire or doesn't feed pets anymore.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another question for anyone who isn't a total jerk though, are the Christmas Blessing things from the supply stash still permanent and still keep the pets fed like the arcane books, only I'll never have to get another? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've just been researching them but all the information I find is from 2009. I don't want to go buying a perfect iron hammer just to find out it will expire or doesn't feed pets anymore.

i have no idea if the christmas tomes from the level-80 stash are still permanent or not. i do know that the five gold you'd need for the hammer to open that stash with can not only get you everything else that's in the level-80 stash, but also get you a much better (and permanent) tome on top. any tome will keep your pet fed, after all, so you might as well get a one- or two-million-coin one that gives you some handy stats (+5 mag, for instance?) than pay three to four mil coin (or worse) for a meagre +1% crit hits.

i have helpful friends who got me 3 tome fragments for free; another 800k for tokens (i found them cheap) got me pages; one quick tele to 1k streams later, my wizard had a Retribution's Flame --- +4 mag, +3 vit, for less than one mil, about what a christmas tome would cost on the AH. of course, not everybody has such generous friends. but you're level 8x; you should be able to find a rebirth squad, where fragments drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh my. I'm going to sound completely ignorant here. I honestly don't get to do a ton in the game, I've spent so much time just farming and making money so I could get my Herc. So I really don't know much about tomes(But I understand what you're saying, the +5 to magic sounds a LOT better than just +1 to crit.). But, Rebirth Squad? I'm sure that means some run in an instance, but I've never heard of it before.

I do have three tome fragments though. I got them from a pack ages ago and didn't know what they did, so I held onto them on an alt. I guess it never occurred to me that they could be made into a tome.(Another ditz moment, I guess.) b:chuckle

So I guess I'm going to make a run down to 1K to see what tome would work best for me and what I need for it. Thanks for the information and if you could elaborate at all on the Rebirth Squad thing I'd really appreciate it.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1 The answer I gave you is actually the only way to re-arrange them.

2 I was obviously stating the obvious.

3 PWI forums get used to them.

umadbro?
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just right click at the pet skill you want it cast 1st, a yellow box will surround the skill. You have to do it everytime you summon your pet.

Sadly but true the only way to change the skills order is re-learning all of them in the order you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I really don't know much about tomes(But I understand what you're saying, the +5 to magic sounds a LOT better than just +1 to crit.). But, Rebirth Squad? I'm sure that means some run in an instance, but I've never heard of it before.

rebirth is a big topic; you're best off searching for that word on the PWI Wiki site as well as on these forums. it's a challenging, complex instance that i'd love to run, but haven't yet had a chance to actually see myself unfortunately.

tomes... what i do, often as not, is go to http://pwcalc.com, click in the relevant "tomes" box, then look through the drop-down to see what the various level 1 tomes do. that's a good, simple introduction.

tomes higher than level 1 are made out of lower-level tomes (mainly), and get prohibitively expensive really quickly.

I do have three tome fragments though. I got them from a pack ages ago and didn't know what they did, so I held onto them on an alt. I guess it never occurred to me that they could be made into a tome.(Another ditz moment, I guess.) b:chuckle

So I guess I'm going to make a run down to 1K to see what tome would work best for me and what I need for it. Thanks for the information and if you could elaborate at all on the Rebirth Squad thing I'd really appreciate it.

the way to make a (level 1) tome: get three mystical tome fragments and four mystical tome pages. the latter can be made out of tokens of best luck at any boutique agent NPC --- you'll want 80 tokens, either from packs or from catshops, look around to see what way to get them is cheapest.

take those ingredients to 1k streams, where you'll find the "nature forge: tomes". select the particular tome you want to make, then drag the fragments and pages onto the forge's icons --- just like selling to a catshop. done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for your answers, Lenie. I did manage to make a tome up for myself that adds to my mana regen and exp gain, so that's awesome and I wouldn't have even known to look if you hadn't posted about them. I'll be equipping it today once the cash shop item I bought expires. You've saved me two gold a week. b:thanks
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    Evonmin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ...I just got my Herc recently...I got him Bash to replace his attack since that's what everyone in the forums recommended. Of course, when he learned Bash it got put at the end of his list. Which means I have to right click the ability to get him to spam it and keep aggro, but I'm kind of a ditz so I usually forget to click it...

I did asked the same question before. (Got same answer :D)

Now, I'm get used to do the following whenever I summon my Herc:

Left click (1st skill)>Left click (2nd skill)>Left click (3rd skill)>Right click (last skill)

Reason:
    1st skill increase your physical defense for 1 hour
    2nd skill increase your magical resistance for 1 hour
    3rd skill is Reflect

Herc is a special battle pet because of the above 3 buffs. So I always make it a point to activate them whenever I summon Herc.

Last skill is the Bash (I also replace "Pound" with "Bash")

Finally, send Herc in to grind :D