People on PvE servers are dicks

Options
flamingahole
flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Yes, you read the thread title right. PvE servers.

OK, here's how it works on PvP servers:

People kill each other. Simple, no?

If you're having a 1v1 or you're AoE grinding, chances are that someone's going to pop out of some hole somewhere and kill you just because they can.

Oh well, it's a PvP server and, honestly, I don't lose anything since safety lock is almost always on. Even if I did, I went around killing other players myself so it's not like I didn't have it coming anyway.

On PvE servers things are a bit different:

If someone's a white name then they shouldn't have any right to QQ if they get killed since, correct me if I'm wrong, the damn thing warns you three times about what'll happen if you turn on PK mode. But this isn't really about that.

So basically, if you're dumb enough to go white named while low level then you shouldn't say **** when (not if) some 80/90/100+ comes along and one shots your ***. Obviously, due to this not many players turn PK mode on until their higher levels which leads to a dearth of low/mid level PKing.

The solution? Apparently, a few people have gotten the bright idea of challenging people to duels while they're busy with a group of mobs and then 'killing' them. Now most people probably just accept or reject it without reading since common sense would say it's a squad invite.

Am I mad about the EXP I lost? Not really; it's maybe ten minutes of grinding to get it back if even that and with BH it's a laughable amount.

Am I mad about 'losing' a duel? You're joking, right? Duels don't mean **** and seeing as how I really don't care about actually getting PKed then it would be stupid to assume that I'd care about being beaten in a duel.

No, what annoys me is the cocky ****ing attitude these idiots have.
'lol exp down'
'u suck lol'
'u r noob'
Hell, if I were back on LC then I'd just go to town, heal up a bit, and then go back to either kill them or die again. Can't even do that because these idiots are too scared to turn on PK mode.

I do have to wonder though, what the heck if up with these people? If they want to 'PK' then they should have rolled a PvP server but **** like this seems to happen far too often for my tastes. Once or twice I can overlook but three times in a week is pushing it.

/rant

-awaits the storm of 'lolumad' and 'QQmoar'-

Edit: You know, I was expecting the thread title to be censored so I didn't bother to do it myself. So, could a mod kindly edit it for me instead of just closing this thread?
You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
Post edited by flamingahole on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

The solution? Apparently, a few people have gotten the bright idea of challenging people to duels while they're busy with a group of mobs and then 'killing' them. Now most people probably just accept or reject it without reading since common sense would say it's a squad invite.

LOL. I wonder how people start duel while in combat mode...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    one thing i notice, from time to time, when PvPers start bragging about the PK servers they play on; they often remark how being forced whitename at 30 increases their situational awareness and teaches them to pay attention.

this must be magically connected with the server being PvP-enabled, because here we see one of them coming from lost city onto some unnamed one of the PvE servers --- and promptly losing so much of their situational awareness they become unable to tell a duel invite from a squad invite.

strange, that. makes you wonder how all-PvE carebears like me can manage to pay enough attention to type in our passwords at the log-in screen, doesn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL. I wonder how people start duel while in combat mode...

So you can't challenge someone to a duel when they're in combat? Apparently someone attacked me while I was busy and I saw 'DEFEAT' pop up on my screen followed by dying since my HP was brought down.

Possible bug or glitch? I'd call it a **** but I doubt anyone with any half decent computer skills would bother making a **** for this game.
    one thing i notice, from time to time, when PvPers start bragging about the PK servers they play on; they often remark how being forced whitename at 30 increases their situational awareness and teaches them to pay attention.

this must be magically connected with the server being PvP-enabled, because here we see one of them coming from lost city onto some unnamed one of the PvE servers --- and promptly losing so much of their situational awareness they become unable to tell a duel invite from a squad invite.

strange, that. makes you wonder how all-PvE carebears like me can manage to pay enough attention to type in our passwords at the log-in screen, doesn't it?

Not really, a lot of the people on PvP servers suck at PK. The ones who are good at PK tend to be get much better than the rest on the server out of necessity and the average player on LC or HL would be a bit better at PK than the average player on one of the PvE servers but I highly doubt the difference in PK ability between the average and fail players and either type of server is so huge that it couldn't go either way.

As far as the whole situational awareness thing; I saw a little exclamation point pop up and accepted without reading figuring it was a squad invite. **** like what I mentioned in my first post never happened on LC and if what Kiyoshi said is true then that might be the reason why.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And the lesson of this story is: Always read pop up requests before accepting them.

Have a nice day b:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol sorry dude but youre not to bright. you cant look to see its a squad invite or a duel? maybe the giant 3....2.....1...FIGHT!!! that doesnt mean anything to you? PvE servers are lame anyway. have fun getting PKed on a non PK server
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    /inb4lck

was the circle around you and the giant 3.....2......1 not enough of a give away?
    worse case just run out of duel acceptable area, or take to the air and they'll get bored or whatever.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You can't challenge someone to a duel while they're on combat mode for this very reason....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But the OP is special that's why he can duel while he's in combat mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol sorry dude but youre not to bright. you cant look to see its a squad invite or a duel? maybe the giant 3....2.....1...FIGHT!!! that doesnt mean anything to you? PvE servers are lame anyway. have fun getting PKed on a non PK server

First time it happened I'd never dueled before so I didn't know what was happening until the duel started. Second time I just ran from the group of mobs I was killing (lived that time). Third time, accidently aggroing four orchid maneaters who start stacking poison on a nub seeker with 5 vit isn't something I'd survive with second wind on cooldown anyway. :/

By the way, if you're going to insult my intelligence then at least have the courtesy to use proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
    You can't challenge someone to a duel while they're on combat mode for this very reason....

Meh, it happened. Take my word for it or not. If not then oh well.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's PWI there is no common sense...just take the 2 seconds to read the box. It's kinda like people who skim through quests just to get the rewards and end up raging about the end.

If people are really being that rude to you black-list them and walk away. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ummm......*looks at the poster's name*....ummmm.... *reads post which turns out to be a QQ thread about people acting like a-holes*....ummmm......seriously???!!! and yet he wrote this 0.o

Anyways, ya, life is full of people that will insist on acting like a-holes, does not matter what server you are on, PVP or PVE , they are out there waiting for ya *sigh*
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ummm......*looks at the poster's name*....ummmm.... *reads post which turns out to be a QQ thread about people acting like a-holes*....ummmm......seriously???!!! and yet he wrote this 0.o

Anyways, ya, life is full of people that will insist on acting a-holes, does not matter what server you are on, PVP or PVE , they are out there waiting for ya *sigh*

Oh, I do realize the irony of my thread.

Also, according to Kiyoshi and ElderSig, dueling while in combat mode should not be possible. Tested it with a friend and found that it's true so no one broke the game code while messing around.

Not sure how it happened but it did.

Edit: And yes, I realize that not having any form of proof and that I claim something which should not be possible happened makes my claim extremely fishy but oh well. Nothing I say will convince anyone who chooses not to believe me but I'll be sure to take a screenshot if it happens again.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    one possible idea about what might have been going on...

several of my friends have complained that the new UI design (since genesis) makes the some-kindof-invite exclamation mark really hard to see. perhaps they sent the invite before you attacked a mob, you didn't see it until later, accepted what you thought was a squad invite, and there you went.

of course, this notion only works if you can still accept a duel invite after you've entered combat mode, regardless of when it was sent. i have no clue if that is so, and can't really be arsed to experiment myself... anyone know?

(btw, duel invites out on the open map? from people you're not squadded with and who don't need chi? i've gotta admit, that's never happened to me even once. i'd not have expected it either, and might just have fallen for it myself just because of the novelty of it...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    -hugs OP- what server are you on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    one possible idea about what might have been going on...

several of my friends have complained that the new UI design (since genesis) makes the some-kindof-invite exclamation mark really hard to see. perhaps they sent the invite before you attacked a mob, you didn't see it until later, accepted what you thought was a squad invite, and there you went.

of course, this notion only works if you can still accept a duel invite after you've entered combat mode, regardless of when it was sent. i have no clue if that is so, and can't really be arsed to experiment myself... anyone know?

(btw, duel invites out on the open map? from people you're not squadded with and who don't need chi? i've gotta admit, that's never happened to me even once. i'd not have expected it either, and might just have fallen for it myself just because of the novelty of it...)

Nope, I was in the middle of killing when I heard that 'knock knock' sound and saw the little exclamation point. Might as well keep this thread alive either for the purpose of trying to figure out how it's possible or flaming me (which, I honestly don't care about so mods shouldn't close this thread on my account).
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OP probably accepted the duel in between pulling mobs. Than didn't notice the huge 1, 2, 3 FIGHT that appeared on the screen and kept grinding.

Thats what happens when you grind 24 hours straight no coffee <.< People have done way more stupid things playing video-games exhausted, like npcing their weapons, refine +10 and forgetting to put in the orb etc.

Doesn't mean people on PvE servers are dicks tough.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PVE servers are lame indeed, I wish I could change to LC where the pros plays. Less QQ and more people to PK with. 5min PK sucks, everyone is so carebear.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think it depends on your play style really... Not everyone on pve servers are carebears, they just don't like to play with pk on. The people I see always red named on my server I don't understand. If you pk so much, swap servers, lol. Someone actually left a faction I was in because we "didn't pk enough". Doesn't make sense to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    First time it happened I'd never dueled before so I didn't know what was happening until the duel started. Second time I just ran from the group of mobs I was killing (lived that time). Third time, accidently aggroing four orchid maneaters who start stacking poison on a nub seeker with 5 vit isn't something I'd survive with second wind on cooldown anyway. :/

By the way, if you're going to insult my intelligence then at least have the courtesy to use proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.

Meh, it happened. Take my word for it or not. If not then oh well.

u r oober dum, ther iz nuthen rong wit mie gramer! maybe you would notice my lack of capitolizing the first word to sentences and lowercasing the the word "I" would indicate that my grammer isnt messed up becasue im reterded but because i dgaf. if its a job application sure, if its a school assighnment sure...if its a video game forum where youre going out of your way to laugh at someone who is broadcasting their epic fail. nawww....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not really, a lot of the people on PvP servers suck at PK. The ones who are good at PK tend to be get much better than the rest on the server out of necessity and the average player on LC or HL would be a bit better at PK than the average player on one of the PvE servers but I highly doubt the difference in PK ability between the average and fail players and either type of server is so huge that it couldn't go either way.

I've spent a number of hours on both Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear watching the PK. It's horrible. I'm sure there are a few good PKers, but most of them just plain suck. BMs who can't stunlock or don't know how to use their marrows, and sins that don't know how to stunlock or shadow escape, mages who don't undine seal or blink, clerics who don't sleep debuff or they try to use plume shot on heavies, evasion barbs that don't tree of perdition and try to stomp or tiger form you to death... mana sharded BM's trying to tank pdef sharded BM's triple sparks...

And that's not even mentioning guildies that don't help other guildies, guildies not buffing other guildies, almost nobody uses PK pots or know how to use genie skills...

And this was watching end-game PK... I've spent what 4 or 5 hours on HT and a couple dozen on Sanctuary... and I never saw anything but a 1v1, 2v1 and very rarely 3v1/2. Mostly just white named players hanging outside of SZ looking cool and only dueling...

And I guarantee none of them have ever seen multiple faction mass pk on the open map... world boss pk wars, squad vs squad pk... or any other type of pk that regularly happens on a PvP server.

It was really quite disappointing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol so let me get this straight. you accepted duels by one or 2 ppl and died as a result. so that automatically makes people on pve servers d*cks? you sir are the d*ck here for falling for the SAME mistake THREE times and then QQing on the forums. grow up, get a life. people are like that everywhere regardless of what server your on.

good grief is like the stereotype like "oh he sas R9 so he spent tons of money to get it and has no life."
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OP probably accepted the duel in between pulling mobs. Than didn't notice the huge 1, 2, 3 FIGHT that appeared on the screen and kept grinding.

Thats what happens when you grind 24 hours straight no coffee <.< People have done way more stupid things playing video-games exhausted, like npcing their weapons, refine +10 and forgetting to put in the orb etc.

Doesn't mean people on PvE servers are dicks tough.

Nope, it happened while I was in the middle of a group of mobs. :/

And I know that not everyone on PvE servers are dicks; just the first thing that came to mind as a title.
    u r oober dum, ther iz nuthen rong wit mie gramer! maybe you would notice my lack of capitolizing the first word to sentences and lowercasing the the word "I" would indicate that my grammer isnt messed up becasue im reterded but because i dgaf. if its a job application sure, if its a school assighnment sure...if its a video game forum where youre going out of your way to laugh at someone who is broadcasting their epic fail. nawww....

I probably should have seen this coming. b:laugh
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've spent a number of hours on both Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear watching the PK. It's horrible. I'm sure there are a few good PKers, but most of them just plain suck. BMs who can't stunlock or don't know how to use their marrows, and sins that don't know how to stunlock or shadow escape, mages who don't undine seal or blink, clerics who don't sleep debuff or they try to use plume shot on heavies, evasion barbs that don't tree of perdition and try to stomp or tiger form you to death... mana sharded BM's trying to tank pdef sharded BM's triple sparks...

And that's not even mentioning guildies that don't help other guildies, guildies not buffing other guildies, almost nobody uses PK pots or know how to use genie skills...

And this was watching end-game PK... I've spent what 4 or 5 hours on HT and a couple dozen on Sanctuary... and I never saw anything but a 1v1, 2v1 and very rarely 3v1/2. Mostly just white named players hanging outside of SZ looking cool and only dueling...

And I guarantee none of them have ever seen multiple faction mass pk on the open map... world boss pk wars, squad vs squad pk... or any other type of pk that regularly happens on a PvP server.

It was really quite disappointing.

Really? I never paid much attention to the PK on DW and the one I bothered to sit back and watch wasn't some 'faceroll keyboard and hope for the best' fight. I honestly figured that those who actually like PK would go out and, well, PK and therefore gain some measure of skill.
    lol so let me get this straight. you accepted duels by one or 2 ppl and died as a result. so that automatically makes people on pve servers d*cks? you sir are the d*ck here for falling for the SAME mistake THREE times and then QQing on the forums. grow up, get a life. people are like that everywhere regardless of what server your on.

good grief is like the stereotype like "oh he sas R9 so he spent tons of money to get it and has no life."

-insert my QQ here-
    b:cry
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    Jenabug - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I started out 2 years ago on Harshlands PVP, and I find that ppl on Raging Tide PVE are better to be around than the stuck up OP on HL. PVP on RT is fun, and enjoyable. There is less ganking in my experience, and your hours are earned. Because of the option to enter pk mode, where as on Harshlands, or Lost City you enter pk mode upon Lvl 30. Than you become the subject to camping and pk by higher lvls that are to fail to take on their own lvl. Granted I did roll a lvl 90 sage archer on HL, and did PK. Such as enemies factions, like Evoke, Crimson, Kylin, Zulu..but it was ppl on my own lvl like actual lvl 90+. If you enter white name on PVE, you are subject to being pked by higher lvls to, but at least we have the choice. So to sum up this ranting, PVE is ftw, and in my opinion ppl there have more respect, and make PVP fun..b:thanks
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Than you become the subject to camping and pk by higher lvls that are to fail to take on their own lvl.

OK, where does this keep coming from? I keep reading on these forums from people who supposedly used to play PvP that they were ganked all the time after hitting 30. I've been killed maybe a dozen times total before getting to 50 on all of my characters.
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yet....you responding to this just makes it a epic fail even more. Even more so since I replied to it, so "mebe ma grammr needz two be checkd", but in any case. I would imagine a mod would close this thread, because of the title of it, or the flaming that is sending smoke in the air. Either way, QQ more :D. b:cute
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OK, where does this keep coming from? I keep reading on these forums from people who supposedly used to play PvP that they were ganked all the time after hitting 30. I've been killed maybe a dozen times total before getting to 50 on all of my characters.

It does come, because every player experiences gank. PVE or PVP, but the DIFFERENCE is, how players roll in the situation. Thats where the true PRO, and NUB comes in. How you react to a simple game when your getting your booty kicked. I find it hilarious when I was lvl 90 and it took 3 lvl 80 Barbs to kill me, before they would touch the bm that I usually rolled with.b:chuckle Now everyone turns this on the sin if they can. xD They are the true owners of PVP, and are OP. But ppl that are what you said as the title of this thread, are just egotistical, why make a thread to rant about it if you are a experienced player, and know its going to happen.
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tldr

proud to be a ****, especially in cube tr0l0l0l
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tldr

proud to be a ****, especially in cube tr0l0l0l

XD Trolls always make it enteraining hehe.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Someone sent a Duel request while I was doing some AOE on my sin.

I used an Eye of Observation, and saw they were actually a lower level than myself.

I accepted, stealthed, sparked in stalth, teled to them, then basically ended them in 3 shots.

The QQ was a tsunami of fail, claiming I used my genie and this and that. <unamused>

They came back with someone in their faction later and tried it again... Only they tried kiting Jewel to 'help'. I shadow escaped, then after the mobs let go of aggro, logged out before Jewel was in AOE range.

I waited... 30 seconds? The logged back in, just to see Jewel resetting, and two dead idiots.

So yeah...

I don't even click the little (!) when it pops up while I'm grinding/killing mobs/questing until I've got no aggro at all and can read the box completely. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
This discussion has been closed.