Endgame Gear

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
This is what I'm looking at for my endgame gear, sockets/shards/refines reflect bare minimums.
Let the GTFOTROLLing begin! b:cute
(Honest opinions are welcome too)

Note: The daggers also have Blood Defect. Pwcalc hasn't been coded with that buff yet.
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, just no.

That dagger is horrible. The DPS it has is craptastic and it costs a lot because no one uses it so you have to buy the Weapon Insignia.

The R8 dagger would do much better DPS and therefore better heals.

Unless you have some weird reason for choosing that dagger.

Also, turning your wrists into Nirvana is a waste of uncannies, since you lose the -0.05 interval you'd have on the boots. And don't try to say you couldn't afford the boots, the uncannies are more expensive than tt99 boots.

Other than that, looks pretty basic.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Yes, it is pretty basic...
    Frankly I'm tired of seeing everyone and their mother with the "proper" 3.33/4.0-5.0 aps gear, so I deviated a tad. I don't want more than 2.5 aps for that very reason. I chose Nirvana bracers for the simple fact that they'll match the top and pants better, same with the boots. The daggers I chose because they are by far the sexiest looking daggers short of TT100 and will match my fashion well.

Now here's a question. I know the daggers will cost me between 40 and 50 USD if I CS them, but I also see them in the Lunar forges (which I'll be running alot anyway since my gf is going full Light of Nirvana), but can they actually be crafted? Are all the mats they are made from still droppable in Lunar?

Edit: Ugh...That's a 916-3099 phys dmg and 3% crit sacrifice for $39-$49 more if I CS Unconsciousness... -w-
    But I like the look of them! I nearly wet myself when I saw the pic on Ecatomb...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You are using R8 chest so R8 daggers would be both cheaper and better.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I realize that from a min/maxing stand point they're just plain fail, but won't I be so OP otherwise that unless compared to 3.33+ sin/archer/BM I will still do well?
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you are wearing gear for the looks, then uhm.. okay o.O
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Is there somethign wrong with that? O.o
    It's not as if I'm wearing lvl 10 NPC gear for the looks xD
    It's still endgame gear, just not OMGPEWPEW awesomeness.
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    No, there's nothing wrong with that.

It's just assassin's daggers don't really get much of a change in looks. Other people's weapons look a lot better than ours b:sad

R9 BM axes look a lot cooler than R9 Sin daggers. Sometimes I cannot even tell if an assassin has r9 daggers on unless I look a lot closer/check out his/her equipment.

And I like fashion better than how armor looks on females.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree with Skai !! R8 daggers are pretty ugly! Seriously!! NOw to be honest,i love the warsong daggers or Hitman legends , but i think b.thorn nirva daggers are really nice too (so another reason to get them :Q__) Btw Typhyse, if u like the way u'd appear, just get that equip , this is a game, we have to like how we are ;) That's another reason for which sometimes i log my crappy lvl 80 archer instead of the sin, archers are really smexy V_V
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Ah, nice to hear from another sin player who understands the more relaxed enjoyment that can be derrived from the game. Thanks for the advice. I'm actually considering making the Lunar daggers to use as my **** daggers when I'm damage controlling or don't need more powerful daggers. For main daggers, I'm considering Hitman.
    I really do want R8, they're not the best looking, but I don't mind their looks. However my girlfriend has such a hate for R8 weapons since the sales have made them as common as the cold b:cold
    R9 BM axes look a lot cooler than R9 Sin daggers. Sometimes I cannot even tell if an assassin has r9 daggers on unless I look a lot closer/check out his/her equipment.

b:surprised I think they're unique enough to recognize...
    >.>
    <.<
    ~Spazz~
  • Laurrixa - Dreamweaver
    Laurrixa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Since we are talking about gear and weapon looks does anybody know what shards/stones give you visual effects on your gear?

I have seen the +50 citrines giving the lightning effect on armor but wasn't sure if there were more of those kinds of things in the game.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    This is what you're looking for.
    4 immac cirtrines (grade 8) or better produce the electricity effect.

As for the original subject, I talked with my girlfirned last night ans she said she won't mind me having standard 3.33 aps gear if I farm for it all (not buy it), so you'll eventually see another 5aps demon running around.
    *sigh* I'm so unoriginal -.-
    ~Spazz~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think your build is interesting, especially if you look for something a bit different, not totally aps crazy.

Some suggestions (not taking into account coin aspects, so all is ment in a "if you can affor it" way) :
    - R8 daggers are pretty awesome damage wise, and may suit the overall build better for hard dph/spike damage. However, if you really want something different, cause veryone has r8 now, maybe make the lunars g13 vana. They still have the hp regen thingy.

- the mold ring ; I'd rather get CoA or lunar. I love lunar one for mag def and phys def when refined.

- the boots ; kinda don't know. They just bug me lol.

- the helmet ; since you're looking for something else, maybe gold fcc. I've seen only a few out there. I know they exist, but they are rare, and pretty good.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I think your build is interesting, especially if you look for something a bit different, not totally aps crazy.

Some suggestions (not taking into account coin aspects, so all is ment in a "if you can affor it" way) :
    - R8 daggers are pretty awesome damage wise, and may suit the overall build better for hard dph/spike damage. However, if you really want something different, cause veryone has r8 now, maybe make the lunars g13 vana. They still have the hp regen thingy.
    Those are what I was considering at first until I saw what Lunar looks like. *sigh* I'm such a panzy ><
    - the mold ring ; I'd rather get CoA or lunar. I love lunar one for mag def and phys def when refined.
    Probably will eventually. The mold ring was just for +str so I could get a warsoul asap.

- the boots ; kinda don't know. They just bug me lol.
    They are lame I agree, I've just always liked how they look >.>

- the helmet ; since you're looking for something else, maybe gold fcc. I've seen only a few out there. I know they exist, but they are rare, and pretty good.
    Are you referring to ☆Galetrail Helmet? That's a crapload of extra strength to statb:shocked
    ~Spazz~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Are you referring to ☆Galetrail Helmet? That's a crapload of extra strength to statb:shocked

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16009 this is the one I meant, shining snow. Like nirvana set, fcc has a special "light armor" helmet, placed under the mp hats. Str is still a bit high for lvl85 gear though, but still 105 only.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Funny, I was just looking at that one the other day. Maybe I'll check it out, thanks.
    ~Spazz~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    yw, I think it's actually a pretty good helmet. less hp then warsoul, but still g12 and you can keep more dex :P problem is finding it though
  • Forks - Harshlands
    Forks - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Both are extreamly lofty goals but here they are:

PvP EndGame Build (R9 Sage Build)
    http://pwcalc.com/84ba5e14c55f6470

PvE EndGame Build (4aps Sage Build)
    http://pwcalc.com/457333a4e171fd5c

Lots of people don't like sharding def lvls on sin but after playing with a shard calculator the survivability with the Jade of Steady Def vs citrine is amazing. If unable to shard with steady def I (gear lvl below 15) shard with diamon of tiger to boost attack level even more.
  • Shurtgal - Heavens Tear
    Shurtgal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if u wanna be different a bit, get hitman legends... most ppl will say its not worth it... and stuff.. but when u compare it with same refined nirvana barrier thorns.... (say +5) this is wat u get (inclusing all the stats increase, and without any gear or rings, jst equiping dags)

nirvana dags - 2754-3762

hitman legends - 2537 - 4418

as u see, hitmans can possibly out dd a nirvana dagger... and, it looks WICKED cool :D
  • Forks - Harshlands
    Forks - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    APS build with Hitman Legend
    http://pwcalc.com/e27d8fd6dbadc7f6

If you average the min and max dmg for Hitman and nirvana you get:

Hitman: 22778 (with spark and buffs)
    11245 (without)
    Nirvana: 23083.5 (with spark and buffs)
    11396.5 (without)

Not much difference maybe someone can look at the price difference as I'm out of the market right now.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Both are extreamly lofty goals but here they are:
    PvE EndGame Build (4aps Sage Build)
    http://pwcalc.com/457333a4e171fd5c

I'll never get why ppl think 4 aps g13 vana would be better pve then 2.86 r9 b:surrender Also, for pve purposes, just put in all DoT. You really don't need the def lvl if you're sage.

This is what I'm working on for my sin (sage) : http://pwcalc.com/f0b5ff2d15b54b88
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    R9 wasn't meant for PvE. It's overkill XD

I had a faction friend of mine help me with TT2-1/2-2/2-3 oht culti bosses. In 2-1, with just his R9 +12 daggers/equipment and demon wolf emblem, he almost 1 shot the 140k hp mobs at the beginning with Earthen Rift. No chill on, and each mob had less than 1k health left.

I was appalled. D:
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    R9 wasn't meant for PvE. It's overkill XD

I had a faction friend of mine help me with TT2-1/2-2/2-3 oht culti bosses. In 2-1, with just his R9 +12 daggers/equipment and demon wolf emblem, he almost 1 shot the 140k hp mobs at the beginning with Earthen Rift. No chill on, and each mob had less than 1k health left.

I was appalled. D:

b:sin Isn't that a good enough reason to get them even for pve? I love my 180k crits b:dirty (actually got the gear I wanted, just working on the refines now)

Some say pve should stop at TT90s... But for pve we can want shiny stuff too b:chuckle
    Some say for pve r9 is not the best weapon, cause it has no -int b:shutup They seriously tried to convince me g13 vana is better cause I'd be 4 aps...
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    R9 destroys everything in its path. Truth is in that sentence.

Because of that I kind of want R9, but since there's almost no way to obtain medals other than pay 40-50m each, that option is out of question for a loooong time, as I'd need 11? if I remember right (ring + belt first before weapon)
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ring (3 medals), then weapon (5 medals).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    if u wanna be different a bit, get hitman legends... most ppl will say its not worth it... and stuff.. but when u compare it with same refined nirvana barrier thorns.... (say +5) this is wat u get (inclusing all the stats increase, and without any gear or rings, jst equiping dags)

nirvana dags - 2754-3762

hitman legends - 2537 - 4418

as u see, hitmans can possibly out dd a nirvana dagger... and, it looks WICKED cool :D

I compared them to R8 and Lunar, but not Barrier Thorn. Quite impressive. I've been considering them, and they now just moved back up in my list of considerations b:pleased
    ~Spazz~
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have my Hitmans and they are sexy <3 I honestly get complimented on them all the time, people asking what my sexy daggers are and how to get them haha.

Hitmans should run you like...75-150mil depending on when you get them, and what the Badge of Bravery situation is on your server.

Barrier Thorn Nirvana should be more like 160mil (?) for raptures...then the rest of the stuff for them seems pretty cheap by comparison, so its not a big deal.

But when I was doing my calculations, I saw a larger gap (as end game weapons) between Hitman and Barrier Thorn..if I did it correctly. However, they are the best pre-nirvana daggers you can get. Assuming you get R8 as well, because if you can afford Hitman daggers you can afford R8 for the chest.

Visually speaking, Nirvana daggers are pretty boring and small looking lol.

I keep changing my mind between considering R9 daggers and not...its so much money...but you'd be so epic lol. I don't suppose anyone can think of a thread where there was a real serious discussion about R9 daggers and builds, as well as sage vs demon for them?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I do have rank 8 (well, once I'm 100); I bought the rep last sale. I'm leaning pretty closely toward Hitman. Thank you all for your input <3
    ~Spazz~