You seriously made the UI bubbles even bigger??

Ellisandro - Archosaur
Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
dang, people. i am a proud owner of one of the last 19 inch crt monitors in existence.. and, though it can run at 1280x960, i don't like to cause, well it's kinda old.. so i choose 1024x768 (where the fug is 1152x864???). but the UI bubbles are so huge now, i barely have room to maneuver. and the useless nearly empty thing above the mini map reaches nearly center now since last update.. but biitching aside, can't you give us a way to re-size these?? and no, i don't want zero info, just smaller info..

b:surrender
Post edited by Ellisandro - Archosaur on

Comments

• Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Note to devs: Put computer monitors in the Cash Shop.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you can do windowed mode and stretch it to your liking.
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i agree. as a venomancer, i have to completely turn the chat off to be able to see my full squadlist and my pet health bar...
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Try having a 15" CRT monitor. Oldschool, baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • booger564
    booger564 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I use a 19"crt. no idea what your on about.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    ooo, you like the really huge cluttery ui bubbles?? seriously??

the crappy code won't take the mouse back from windowed mode. no probs with that in any other game i play, even ancient ones. but not here to diss amatuer code, just awkward user interface

b:shutup
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Agreed.

My laptop has a longer screen than most monitors (eeeeeh, I forget the exact dimensions), which leads to lots of scrunched vertical UI.

I'm a cleric. I need to minimize the chat box just to click the squad list for healing. And Pan Gu forbid I should be tracking any quests at the same time I'm squadded.

The most annoying is probably the areas of the UI that look like empty space, but aren't. You click on a spot on the ground up ahead and to the left, hoping to auto-path there... but no, that's the little exp message box, even though you minimized it. This can get really nasty if you're doing something that needs split-second timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • FrostSwallow - Sanctuary
    FrostSwallow - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    switch back to the old interface, GM's have somewhere admitted it is allowed if the game is not running with the new interface (don't know if this is the case for you so do on your own risk)
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    switch back to the old interface, GM's have somewhere admitted it is allowed if the game is not running with the new interface (don't know if this is the case for you so do on your own risk)

how??? b:shocked

and yes, the 'blank' area of the huge mini map array thing can't be clicked through either :(
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    how??? b:shocked

i think she means back to 1280x786 screen resolution, not the UI.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it's possible to turn back to the old UI, but it takes to edit a file. Frankie said it was ok if it's just for just changing the UI, though.
    It's somewhere on the forum, I don't have time to search for it now, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wish frank would allow us to use custom UI... use to make some really nice ones back in the EQ days.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I agree with the cleric thing. I just recently got a bigger monitor, but had a 17" before. I like the chat box at max size, so when I joined squads I had to move the squad interface like 2 pixels under my health bars on the left, or I couldn't click people at the bottom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear
    ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    in the options menu, under the screen resolution, is a little box that says "UI Resize" or something like that (i'm not ingame so I can't check, sorry) it shrinks the UI a little bit.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree as well, especially on cleric, I absolutely hate the UI size. I have issues clicking on squad bars to heal everyone because everything is so huge I don't have space for everything and I would dearly love to be able to track my quests while in squad again. But no... there isn't even room for just the *squad bar* alone now with the huge size of everything.

And I can't switch back to the old UI. The problem of the mail system only allowing 10 letter characters was a problem with my controlling the guild bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    in the options menu, under the screen resolution, is a little box that says "UI Resize" or something like that (i'm not ingame so I can't check, sorry) it shrinks the UI a little bit.

^^

This. It resizes all HUD elements to a rational proportion at the resolution the OP uses. I just wish it would work on higher resolutions too.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it's possible to turn back to the old UI, but it takes to edit a file. Frankie said it was ok if it's just for just changing the UI, though.
    It's somewhere on the forum, I don't have time to search for it now, though.

I believe you were thinking of this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1014171

The moderators spoke up, giving official permission for this mod on page 2 (and with a further explanation on page 3).
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Note to devs: Put computer monitors in the Cash Shop.

I laughed very hard at this. b:chuckle

"Chinese made 22" CRT monitor! 900,000 zen!" Imagine the grinding people would do for that...

I play on a 21.5" 1920X1080 monitor, and I find it nice to be able to see everything. However, I have a 17" secondary monitor, and when I play on that monitor, it's too big, and I don't have enough room for what I am doing. b:surrender

Since PWI and PWE are so set on limiting customization, being as user unfriendly as possible with the UI and customizing, and are just plain stupid about external addons, I seriously doubt it will happen, ever.

So... Spend some money and get a new monitor, or just deal with it. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    wow, ty for all your feedback. here's replies i thought of while reading:

**I like my 19 inch crt monitor. i could buy another but don't think they're as good as this one. and i like my resolution, though would use the next one up if it wasn't missing.

**resize ui only works in windowed mode which the game coding is too poor to keep my mouse cursor in my somewhat non-standard os. so. i can't use that.

**i'm a programmer. i could **** the file but that makes me squeamish, especially in poorly developed apps such as pwi game client (no, i'm not intentionally trying to **** off the developers, but come on. enough profit is made to clean it up a bit)

**imo, huge rounded edges on the ui (to who-ever came up with that, play the game once in awhile!!) is not worth the hassle to many who do play. i have a mate who plays on a netbook.. almost impossible, really. and you lost that player.

too those with jumbo monitors and high resolution, yay! but what about us who don't want to (and can't) use that??

anyway. ty again b:bye
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This has me wondering, is there a way to change back to the original UI? The one with teh enormous decorated character profile thingy

I just like that one I don't know why T.T