can't update from 501-505

sanna
sanna Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Support Desk
I have tried all day to update the game from version 501-505. On the auto patcher is is hung up on the file elementskill.dll. I have switched back and forth between patch1 and patch2 and restarted several times.
I have tried manual patches both direct from pwi and from gamefront, and both stop the update with a file corrupted message.
What else can I do?b:cry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Poise_seeker - Raging Tide
    Poise_seeker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    pwi tjis kinda madnees will make thousands quit plz hurry and fix it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please see if any of the information below might help you, because since the updates was a good size, many game files were changed and your security software may have decided to block some or all parts of the game.

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Poise_seeker - Raging Tide
    Poise_seeker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As well as Darthpanda's info to help if Patcher is being blocked b:surrender. With that instead of pressing update when it fails try closing the Patcher and re-enter
    it. This has worked for me. Good luck! b:laugh
    Oh and also try turning off resume update unless your last update wasn't completed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notheisz57
    notheisz57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you are able to download some of the files but freeze and get errors at specific files every time:

I HAVE FOUND A FIX:

If you are running Windows 7 (and possibly Vista), your computer will automatically set your account privileges to Read-Only for the WHOLE PWE FOLDER, meaning that the patcher cannot patch the files because YOU are running the patcher.

PREVIOUS SAID FIXES:

If you are as i said early able to download some of the files, then IT IS NOT YOUR FIREWALL, if your firewall is blocking the updater it would most likely not get past file one.

TO FIX:

**CLOSE PERFECT WORLD LAUNCHER IF OPEN**
    THINGS WRITTEN IN BOLD ARE DEPENDANT ON YOUR COMPUTER NAME AND USERNAME

1. Navigate to your C;\ Drive via My Computer.

2. Right-click on "Perfect World Entertainment", click "Properties".

3. Click the "Security" Tab.

4. Click the "Edit" button mid-way down.

5. In the box labeled "Group or user name:", click the entry "Users (***HERE SHOULD INCLUDE YOUR COMPUTER NAME*** / ***HERE SHOULD BE YOUR USERNAME***).

6. In the lower box labeled "Permissions for *ABOVE COMPUTER NAME AND USERNAME*), Check the box labeled "Full Control" under the "Allow" Column.

7. Select "Apply", and let it load. After it is finished open the perfect world launcher and the updater should run like a charm.

I hope this helps you guys get back to playing the best MMO.
  • LAllyl - Harshlands
    LAllyl - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    still is not fixed for me did all the above but nothing helped had this problem getting kinda sick of itb:cry

Can annyone pls help????
  • LAllyl - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    can annyone pls help?b:cry
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    can annyone pls help?b:cry

Might be issues with your package-loss due auto-download on client. So try to install it manually?

well might work or not.

Close ur pwi.
    Download the file Patch 501-505 manually from here

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_501-505.cup

Double click it, install (Launcher starts and installs the file auto.).
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • LAllyl - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    i tried that i got mssg that file is corupted tried all the downloads i could findb:cry
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @LAllyl - Harshlands

Please submit your issue in a ticket to Tech Support for further assistance. Be sure to include any helpful screenshots and your system's dxdiag.

Cheers! b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • KintaLeeno - Heavens Tear
    KintaLeeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mine is saying that it has a virus on it and the one antivirus is vista antivirus, so im getting really sick of this cause i just got it to verify and download but wont let me on game its just goes to the start up and then goes away.
  • KintaLeeno - Heavens Tear
    KintaLeeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mine is saying that it has a virus on it and the one antivirus is vista antivirus, so im getting really sick of this cause i just got it to verify and download but wont let me on game its just goes to the start up and then goes away.
    and also ive done the things that was said and nothing happened >.>
  • drewman65
    drewman65 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I had this same problem earlier today. What I found was that element client was still running in the background and so I couldn't get past that same exact one.

Try Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, then when the task manager comes up click on the Processes tab and scroll down if you have to till you find elementclient.exe. Click on on it and then click End Process. A warning will pop up saying that ending the process may cause undesirable affects, in this case You'll be fine so click yes.

After you've done that try updating again and hopefully that will work for you as well. b:victory