13»

Comments

• Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think your poll needs at least one more option:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12782541&postcount=348

I do not think they should wait until the Exploit is fixed, as that could take months judging by the amount of time other bug fixes have required, nevertheless, they should do something to account for the situation and limit the damage it causes.

I would vote for "Yes, via the Event Boutique and Medals should be added to the Cash Boutique". You know, sort of in between 2 and 3 on your poll.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lrn2fix
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It wouldn't be so awful if they were put back in the cash shop for 25 gold. Yes it's a rip off. But at least it's attainable. Now they've essentially stopped anyone from getting r9.

Is there still 1 random one given out per week to a guild who owns a territory? I thought that stopped happening when they went back to cash rewards.
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Make all DQ point items tradeable

would make less people upset then this half assed move

This. Why wasn't everything tradeable in the first place? It was supposed to make up for the coin lost in DQ's, not give you random **** you probably don't want.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Was very tempted to choose the last option for the lulz, but...

Yeah it's not too cool to let those who did exploit get their goods and run, then remove it from so many people legitamately working on getting R9.

Let's face it, selling FC heads to PL n00bs is ok, but people using dq points to make coin/get gear isn't?

I feel confuzzled on the logic behind this one. If the exploit was truly game breaking, ofc take it out, but this isn't like being able to tank mobs w/o getting hit or something ya know?
  • AdrianaP - Raging Tide
    AdrianaP - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Making all the medals untradeable until the exploit was fixed, would have dealt with the problem just as effectively. Exploiters would have qq'ed, but who cares, they are the ones to blame anyway.

And people grinding hard to get rank 9 via DQ wouldn't have gotten the shaft like they have now.

agreed...fast fix till they would get it sorted out..this way no1 would have any medals to glitch with either way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If it's so easy to fix a bug by pulling the items, then why don't they pull the veno's nix and the - interval gear. They are cherry picking the easy bugs rather than addressing more serious game failures.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Honestly, bug or not, it really isn't affecting anything negatively, at least not anymore, damage is done now.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Desmerelda - Lost City
    Desmerelda - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Word of warning to people who have the un-tradeable medals still. If you have these in inventory and buy another from a catshop (not sure about boutique) the medals will automatically stack and BOTH medals become un-tradeable. The exploit has been fixed to where you cant stack them and both be tradeable but to such a point that even legitimately bought medals become un-tradeable. I forgot I was carrying the one I had got from dq rewards when rewards first came out because it cant be dropped I just threw it in inventory to save bank space. i bought one from a catshop to give to sin becuase it was cheap and now I have 2 untradeable medals. I sent a ticket and hopefully they can fix the one but I may just be out 25 mill. FML
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Farm your rank 9. Fa.gs. You don't accomplish anything simply swiping a credit card. Nerds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I literally lol'ed at this thread. I have heard about this gear called Nirvana though, sounds like pretty nifty gear. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Quite frankly, I never really gave a damn about rank 9. Yes, a rank 9 psy is pretty nasty, but a highly refined psy endgame can be just as sickening. So the medals being removed doesn't affect me at all. I can use my points on event gold.

Mmmmm....event gold...*drools*
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Word of warning to people who have the un-tradeable medals still. If you have these in inventory and buy another from a catshop (not sure about boutique) the medals will automatically stack and BOTH medals become un-tradeable. The exploit has been fixed to where you cant stack them and both be tradeable but to such a point that even legitimately bought medals become un-tradeable. I forgot I was carrying the one I had got from dq rewards when rewards first came out because it cant be dropped I just threw it in inventory to save bank space. i bought one from a catshop to give to sin becuase it was cheap and now I have 2 untradeable medals. I sent a ticket and hopefully they can fix the one but I may just be out 25 mill. FML

If this is the case, that there is no reason (at least not the ones stated by frankieraye) not to reinstate medals of glory back into the DQ page (when it is brought up again).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    8 pages are too many,so i'll not read all but...this was really a bad thing because (talking about me) i'm not a cash shopper, i'm not going to charge 1k+$ in a game, all i spent was 30$ and that's honest imo (normal price for a game). Whit the DQ reward system even a non heavy cash shopper can have chances to make the highest endgame gear whitout playing 24h/7: i made a veno for farm, than sent all DQ to my sin and than sold, in this way now i have around 60k DQ points (my target was 160k for 8 medals, daggers+ring), now everything it's gone...price of the medals it's skyrocket (around 30m each, at least on LC) and i'm losing the will to play (i don't want to trade my life for some pixels, thanks you but i give up the game).

Wrong decisions are making pwi what it is now, i see much less people around, less cats in archosaur (still remember when every square was fill by a cat near the west tele, now there are around 30 or less, look VERY empty), wonder how much time servers will still work.

If free players has no chance to do anything (unless they play the whole day for years) this game has no future.

Gms should change the site and be more honest, this game it's free to register, but very very expensive to play.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Put the medals back, why punish everyone for something that a few did and that has no impact whatsoever, why not fix the bug in the first place, I'm utterly annoyed by this sudden change at least give us a warning beforehand. b:angry
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Farm your rank 9. Fa.gs. You don't accomplish anything simply swiping a credit card. Nerds.

Cute, would've mattered before everybody started gettinr r9. And not everybody has cashshopped it directly.
    I literally lol'ed at this thread. I have heard about this gear called Nirvana though, sounds like pretty nifty gear. b:chuckle

Have that, doesn't compare, moving on.
    Quite frankly, I never really gave a damn about rank 9. Yes, a rank 9 psy is pretty nasty, but a highly refined psy endgame can be just as sickening. So the medals being removed doesn't affect me at all. I can use my points on event gold.

Mmmmm....event gold...*drools*

Highly refined r9 psy walks over highly refined nirvana psy.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    -removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bumped for good measure...
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *voted before lock*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Alicedragon - Sanctuary
    Alicedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

roflmao Sukinee +1bazillion ;o

Nirvana 2nd cast is better than r8 though not as impressive as r9 it can have the added stats such as God of Frenzy and Spirit Blackhole *sigh* check pwi database if you guys want to see for yourselves you can just recast till you get the stats you want. Yes its expensive but so is r9 and if you want to pour your money into something that will give you insane gear then by all means, pour it into nirvana :p I for one can compromise if I cannot aqquire r9 but I for one want to r9 alot of my characters but :< if they remove it go for the next best thing max stat it give it insane gems and go for it :p ijs
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *voted before lock*

Doesn't need lock the poll is speaking for it self ^_^.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    RawStyIer - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sad how they removed them just because some ppl who dont cs could actually make some good money out of farming dq like mad...

well atleast put them back untradeable, really wanna get r9b:bye
  • holdemmarkers
    holdemmarkers Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jeez not QQing but i bought rep cause i can grind the rest zzzzzzzzzzzz: now changed put it back pls
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    how in the world do pple think/vote the exploit is not bad when

1) its named an 'exploit' by the company itself and
    2) they had to go and take it away cause such an exploit was not suppose to happen.

sometimes i think pple have been immersing themselves in the internet too long when they start to justify the obvious wrongs for their own profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan