OMG dumbed down again

Options
fishfeathers
fishfeathers Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
This game used to be a challenge, but not much anymore. You used to have to work to level up and (heaven forbid) even grind some. Now there are so many dailies Thats all thats really needed. Now they have even removed the gates in FBs 39 51 and 59, to make even the dailies easier. Why not go all the way and make it like some games, one quest for each level? (sarcasm) Even the equipment has been dumbed down. Remember when molds were rare? and rank armor almost impossible to get? I get it PW make it easy for new players to get to the top fast, but fast and easy doesnt always mean good or fun.
Post edited by fishfeathers on

Comments

• rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I still only see crazy stones daily quest, what other ones are there?
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Gates werent a problem anyway. Not there at least. The mobs to open them were on the way, and easy to kill, as any other in there [only one of the 51 made you walk a bit]. On 59 only saves you a few mins for the reset instance.

Why do you complain then? Do it when they start giving you free wines as a daily quest. =o_O=
    [insert sig here]
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »

at level 40 you can get your BHs. it's like a daily non-tabbed FB. you run a squad and kill bosses over instances and turn them in to Head Hunter. he'll give you a lot of exp and SP (no coins) and Divine Order of The Light/Shadow which when you gather enough, you can trade for mold weps, good pots or runecrafting skills. at level 70 you get a REALLY boring quest named World Quest, which the point is to make you go mad go all over PW lands to deliver a "book". after 30 "books" delivered you return to the quest awarder and gets a good exp and SP. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm sure the doors/gates in BH39, 51, and 59 will be back. They obviously just added some content to at least one instance, and may will be adding more to at least one more as well.

No doors/gates in 59 will be a GODSEND for BH59. GOOOOOOOOD GRIEF. Such an annoying BH, especially if you need to do 3 out of 5, but the order is bad... Hopefully there are no bugs due to this. =\
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm sure the doors/gates in BH39, 51, and 59 will be back. They obviously just added some content to at least one instance, and may will be adding more to at least one more as well.

No doors/gates in 59 will be a GODSEND for BH59. GOOOOOOOOD GRIEF. Such an annoying BH, especially if you need to do 3 out of 5, but the order is bad... Hopefully there are no bugs due to this. =\

tell me about it >.> I dunno about the others BH above 69, but BH 59 makes me lose my nerves sometimes. first, clerics extinction. you waste more time looking for a cleric than running the BH itself. ppl should trust mystics more >.> second, not all of squad members want certain boss chain. most don't stack their BHs and end up leaving the squad or even not helping over the other bosses. I hate that. like, "oh I need zimo" and the other "oh I need drake". if we go for zimo, for example, the person leaves before we get to drake. just useless. i wanna hit level 80 so badly, i don't want BH 59 anymore b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No doors hardly makes up for the enourmous makeover they just gave the economy.
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No doors hardly makes up for the enourmous makeover they just gave the economy.

I don't know how to say it in english, but I believe that "for every bad decision, a good one comes afterwards" something like that xD I just hope a really good one will come for PWI b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm sure the doors/gates in BH39, 51, and 59 will be back.

if the tooth fairy doesn't bring them back, santa claus surely will.

it's possible --- though i'd call it unlikely --- that they intend to bring the gates back. i very much doubt they'll manage it. consider: the stated "explanation" for why they removed the gates is a blatant lie; and returning the things would gain them nothing. what incentive do they then have to return the status quo ante? none that i can see.

(oh yes, i just called the GMs liars. my reasoning: this company is not known for caring much about its (non-paying) customers' convenience to begin with, and these gates were not widely considered to be inconvenient in the first place. certainly i never heard anyone complain about them, either in-game or on the forums! yet the devs' time is seldom expended even on gameplay-impacting issues like rubberbanding, so why should a nonexistent "inconvenience" be enough to change several instance maps in this manner? that excuse is so far removed from any reasonable reality, the GMs have to know it's a line of bovine scatology. yet they feed it to us anyway. that's called lying.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh I didn't know BH is daily. Please explain more details about the gates, I don't understand it.

thanks
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    think its smallest issue of all now.. actually none at all. dunno how is this suppose to have any effect on the economy. 90% of new players are there "veterans" anyway and know where to go. with or without gates. saves max 15min of work (resquad kill first mobs at gate) and thats it...
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    azurluen wrote: »
    Gates werent a problem anyway. Not there at least. The mobs to open them were on the way, and easy to kill, as any other in there [only one of the 51 made you walk a bit]. On 59 only saves you a few mins for the reset instance.

Why do you complain then?
    Because some people will complain about anything and everything. Even a mundane issue like this that saves people a few mins, and has no real effect on the game besides not needing to reset bh59 now between bosses.
    certainly i never heard anyone complain about them
    Until now b:cry
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Ahhh yes, the Qianji rotation definitely rings a bell regarding the gates...but those days are gone for me.

Maybe when I reach 100 I can help lower levels with it without much trouble now though. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about the gates in 69/79 etc? Why only those three instances? Yeah, the 59 Gates were a pain to navigate if not stacked, but what about that one gate in 79 that you have to run all the way down a long hall and kill a miniboss to open?

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

That said, though... this'll make Divine Contracts much less of a pain. I had 2 in the Valley of Disaster the other day... one in th water area and one in the earth area. Was soloing, so had to wait 4 friggin' hours for the instance to reset. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Moroboshi - Raging Tide
    Moroboshi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »

- Lvl 20+ Divine Contract (3 Random Quests per day)
    - Lvl 40+ Bounty Hunter
    - Lvl 40+ Cube of Fate
    - Lvl 40+ Snake isle Horse Race
    - Lvl 70+ Paperclip for a Villa (World Quest)

Thats all i think
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about the gates in 69/79 etc? Why only those three instances? Yeah, the 59 Gates were a pain to navigate if not stacked, but what about that one gate in 79 that you have to run all the way down a long hall and kill a miniboss to open?

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

The towerling is a mini-boss? That's news to me.

That said, though... this'll make Divine Contracts much less of a pain. I had 2 in the Valley of Disaster the other day... one in th water area and one in the earth area. Was soloing, so had to wait 4 friggin' hours for the instance to reset. b:surrender

How much did you pay for your account?

Seriously... to reset an instance, invite someone to party, transfer lead and leave. Or have them invite you, transfer lead to you and then let them leave or kick them.

You know, I understand having to explain that to like a 4x player, but you've been playing since 09 and don't know this?

b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    total wild-arsed speculation, i have not a shred of evidence for any of this:

somebody in CN found an exploitable bug somewhere in the whole kill-a-mob/open-a-gate code somehow. it had gone undetected for ages because it could only be triggered if the level design around the gate/mob was juuuust right, and that was only the case in 39-59, and even then it was borderline.

OR, alternatively: they're planning to add some content to or otherwise overhaul these three instances somehow (that new boss in 51, or the tree NPC at the start of 51, being early signs of what is to come). EXCEPT --- in-house testing found the new stuff conflicts with old code, in ways that show up near or with the gates somehow.

in either possible alternate scenario, they are faced with a choice: fix their code to eliminate/avoid a bug, or sidestep it by editing the level design? the latter is faster and easier... and i think we all know how lazy these people are.

so lazy that they can't be bothered to type out an explanation that long ^ in their patch notes, so they make up a transparent lie about "convenience".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Scabandari - Dreamweaver
    Scabandari - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its been obvious new things were going to be added to the instances, plus the divine contracts are in them now too.
    They removed a few completely useless doors from a couple instances. So what if there's new content coming that the haven't revealed yet, or if there was an exploit in PW-CN. If new content is the deal, then we will hear about it in due time.
    I don't see what the huge deal is. You act like they removed the instances entirely, or completely changed the way they are run. These doors have the most minimal of impact on bh and fb runs, and even less on the entire game itself.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    - Lvl 20+ Divine Contract (3 Random Quests per day)
    - Lvl 40+ Bounty Hunter
    - Lvl 40+ Cube of Fate
    - Lvl 40+ Snake isle Horse Race
    - Lvl 70+ Paperclip for a Villa (World Quest)

Thats all i think

- If u get married in game..Marriage quest also becomes a daily :)

- Level 40 can start attendance quest on disk.. Rings are nothing really to write home about, but it is a daily. And a way to get a Perfect stone each day if u don't collect the sheets for the rings. lol

- Lvl 60-80 has public quest 1

- Lvl 95+ has public quest 2 and 3

We still have a few inactive ones too.

- Answering questions :

Between 6 and 6;30 pm my time (well eastern), but the npc's (Left and Right Agents') are yet to be added.

- Gold find quest :

Should be givin by head hunter on disk.

To see some brief info about that, just open the encyclopedia (Little flashy book near mini-map) then in rookie guide, choose level 41-45, and feature details (called gold hunt quest)

- Ashura grounds :

In encyclopedia, choose lvl 51-55, then feature details Not sure if this one is active, overleveled it..

- The harbringers quests

See those trees at entrance of fb19, 39 and 51 ? Yeah new boss to summon there too with "x" item.. Not activated..

No one else noticed also the new pillar in bh59 near Drake's old gate ? (Calm of fire) . Anyone activated that ?

Lack of content ?
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No one else noticed also the new pillar in bh59 near Drake's old gate ? (Calm of fire) . Anyone activated that ?

That quest is needed to access Cragglord, the last mystic summon.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Now they have even removed the gates in FBs 39 51 and 59, to make even the dailies easier.

Epic .......
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    total wild-arsed speculation, i have not a shred of evidence for any of this:

somebody in CN found an exploitable bug somewhere in the whole kill-a-mob/open-a-gate code somehow. it had gone undetected for ages because it could only be triggered if the level design around the gate/mob was juuuust right, and that was only the case in 39-59, and even then it was borderline.

OR, alternatively: they're planning to add some content to or otherwise overhaul these three instances somehow (that new boss in 51, or the tree NPC at the start of 51, being early signs of what is to come). EXCEPT --- in-house testing found the new stuff conflicts with old code, in ways that show up near or with the gates somehow.

in either possible alternate scenario, they are faced with a choice: fix their code to eliminate/avoid a bug, or sidestep it by editing the level design? the latter is faster and easier... and i think we all know how lazy these people are.

so lazy that they can't be bothered to type out an explanation that long ^ in their patch notes, so they make up a transparent lie about "convenience".

Let's all take a moment to appreciate how bat-**** crazy and unreasonable someone has to be to come up with a conspiracy theory surrounding a tiny beneficial but mostly insignificant change, all just for the sake of being able to complain about management some more instead of actually expressing a feeling of contentment for two seconds.

Damn....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think the whole "take out gates" idea is pretty cool.

Maybe it's a way for them to enforce players to go do their BH and not just hyper level in FC ? In a way making them experience more the whole Dinive order concept and rewards from them ?

In 39, doesn't save much time really.. U just had to kill the good mob to open gate to go Farren and since Calcid is right nest to the door leading to Trioc, why not kill him on the way anyway ?

In 51, saves just a little bit of "detours"..Omg..now that is bad, saves us maybe 1-2 mins.
    Does save time if someone just wants Wyvern done though as u can go the other way now :)

In 59, I find it nice for people in fact having 3 bh in there and having to kill bosses in between, or having to wine 1st run, reset and go back unwined for 2nd run.

I really dunno how someone can see this as bad.. b:surrender
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let's all take a moment to appreciate how bat-**** crazy and unreasonable someone has to be to come up with a conspiracy theory surrounding a tiny beneficial but mostly insignificant change, all just for the sake of being able to complain about management some more instead of actually expressing a feeling of contentment for two seconds.

where's the conspiracy in my theory? i'm proposing incompetence and/or laziness on the devels' behalf; that doesn't take any conspiring anywhere, in fact, it's pretty workaday in corporate america. most likely in corporate china, as well.

oh, and tiny beneficial but mostly insignificant change? you know what could be described as that also? if they fixed the entrance corner of the cube to be a safe zone. would you care to speculate as to why they can't seem to do that? i promise, you won't have to posit any conspiracies...
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stuff

kill-a-mob/open-a-gate code
    Yeah no... it's not unique in anyway. The same thing controls anything that is dynamic (doors/hh/cv/what have you). Very, very doubtful there are any issues there.

in-house testing found the new stuff conflicts with old code
    They need to fix the new stuff then if thats the problem... because of the reasoning above...

entrance corner of the cube
    Thats actually trivial to fix (extend the polygon that encompases the safezone), no idea why they haven't yet...
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    - Gold find quest :

Should be givin by head hunter on disk.

To see some brief info about that, just open the encyclopedia (Little flashy book near mini-map) then in rookie guide, choose level 41-45, and feature details (called gold hunt quest)

I've come to the conclusion that this is an alternate translation of the "Bounty Hunter" quests.
    Lack of content ?

I expect I'll be out of quests in my "Available Quests" window (aside from "Expand Wardrobe") in a day or two. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kill-a-mob/open-a-gate code
    Yeah no... it's not unique in anyway. The same thing controls anything that is dynamic (doors/hh/cv/what have you). Very, very doubtful there are any issues there.

in-house testing found the new stuff conflicts with old code
    They need to fix the new stuff then if thats the problem... because of the reasoning above...

entrance corner of the cube
    Thats actually trivial to fix (extend the polygon that encompases the safezone), no idea why they haven't yet...

There's missing clipping planes in secret passage, BH39, and I'm sure other instances. This is, very simply put, THE MOST BASIC part of making a map. The missing clipping planes in 39/Secret Passage have been missing since Open Beta, and I'm SURE are known to the GM's. If they can't fix something so BASIC as a freaking WALL in an instance, do you think they are capable of fixing something as complex as dynamic gates and similar controls?

The missing clipping planes (there's actually two) in Secret Passage are trivial. No big deal. The missing clipping plane in BH39 allows players to leave the instance and run around the outside of it, which allows glitching and all kinds of stupidity.

This all, of course, falls upon the Chinese devs to fix. I'm sure they're too busy playing Halo 2 to care.

Edit: I'm not gonna tell anyone where the hole in the wall is in BH39, even though it's been broken for nearly 3 years, and all you have to do to 'exploit' it is hold your 'w' key (or whatever movement button you choose) and move through the spot, I'm not going to assist people in violating TOU, so don't bother asking me. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The missing clipping planes (there's actually two) in Secret Passage are trivial. No big deal.

In fact, such a "not a big deal", that I recall that the one in SP everyone knows about was actually added in a patch to PW long before PWI, with reasoning like that of the gate removal: "for convenience". And SP's only shaves like 1 mob and 5 seconds of your run. b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited April 2011
    Options
    heh. waaaay back when, as i did a weapon token on my 'sin, my squad ran us all through the instance and got all the bosses killed; and then, since the quests were all done and they were bored, showed the newbie the hole in the wall, for the lulz.

we ran around the outside of the dungeon for a while and i got some neato screenshots. then we all got bored, town tele'd out, and turned in our respective quests. it's been so long now, i'm not sure i could remember where the damn thing is anymore to show the next newbie...

i've never heard about the ones in the secret passage before. maybe i'll go looking, look like an idiot banging my head into all the walls for a while. b:chuckle shouldn't take that long though, SP's not near the size of 39...