Removing Medals of Glory benefits bug exploiters the most

Ceiba - Sanctuary
Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
This is ridiculous, I still need 6 of those things, I have grinded my *** for them, now you guys remove it from DQ b:angry, why not just fix the damned thing so is not tradeable? Now the price of the medals is skyrocketing.

The real sad part of this is that the very same bug exploiters that have 10+ of these medals on stock for sale will benefit the most now that these medals nearly tripled in price and will continue rising in price as it seems.

Well done PWI, a slap in the face for those that have grinded for those medals, and a final surprise rewards for bug exploiters.
Post edited by Ceiba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bingo, I know a few who do this on alt shops. They still benefit like crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    pretty much the ones who are doing the right thing Get Bugga over Yet Again and the ones who are **** everyone esle over it get richer (great job PWI)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much. Just as those that got to farm nirvana and tt b4 the random aggro/crazy bosses were added and aps made a tacit requirement have an insurmountable advantage to getting nirvana gear compared to the rest of us.

Now those that already got their cheaper r9 and/or had a stack of medals get to rofl at the rest of us and the concept that this was done to help the economy. There was no problem with the economy until they went and single handedly destroyed the dq market and boosted the price of medals THAT ARE STILL TRADABLE to whatever price they eventually settle on.

The one good thing to come of this so far is that its pretty well polarized the playerbase against the company with the exception of the people that already had stacks of medals. WC and forums don't usually get so heated without any annoying trolls flaming each other for hours per usual.

The ragequits, and probable escalation in retaliatory ddos attacks will be hurting their bottom line WAY more than the obvious attempt to boost rank sale...er...sales.

If they actually had a gen summer sale in the next 2 weeks I'd give them credit for having the nerve at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i love how you guys blame pwi for removing the dq item when you should be pissed off at the people exploiting the r9 medal trade and not to mention the person who made a topic QQing about people trading them. you guys wanted the gms to pay more attention to the community and you got it and now you guys cant handle the fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is ridiculous, I still need 6 of those things, I have grinded my *** for them, now you guys remove it from DQ b:angry, why not just fix the damned thing so is not tradeable? Now the price of the medals is skyrocketing.

The real sad part of this is that the very same bug exploiters that have 10+ of these medals on stock for sale will benefit the most now that these medals nearly tripled in price and will continue rising in price as it seems.

Well done PWI, a slap in the face for those that have grinded for those medals, and a final surprise rewards for bug exploiters.
    tbh i dont think so ... at least not that much.
    so PWI is telling us to buy it from their sales.

...ok

-we can assume most likely that its gonna be the same price as before.
    -exploiters profit only if desperate pple buy
    -they cant continue exploiting cause its gone from DQ now, so its either they:
    a) sell at boutique sale price
    b) clog their catshop inventory with medals @ an absurd price and hope someones dumb enough and rich enough to buy it
    -once it sells out their exploit is over but they cant jack the price up too much cause they know pwi will boutique it with sales
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i love how you guys blame pwi for removing the dq item when you should be pissed off at the people exploiting the r9 medal trade and not to mention the person who made a topic QQing about people trading them. you guys wanted the gms to pay more attention to the community and you got it and now you guys cant handle the fact.

That's about where I'm at right now... People complain that there are easy exploits in the game, then they get pissy when PWE mitigates them.

PWE isn't throwing out the baby with the bath water here, they're just trying to make sure it doesn't keep trying to drown itself.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011

So you think removing them altogether rather than code fixing is the most appropriated way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't think code fixing ever happens from PWI themselves lol... They always wait for the patch from... oh wait, PW CN never implemented these rank sales for a reason. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sure why not? do you know if they are putting them into the event botique? they probably will for like 50 event gold that way you can still get it for about the same amount of dq items. i would rather not allow people to exploit a bug then have it in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So you think removing them altogether rather than code fixing is the most appropriated way?

There are a few ways to fix them going forward, but not the ones that exist now. It's not something they'll have ready in a couple days, surely.

I foresee something called the same, with the same icon, the same function, etc., but with a different item ID showing up in the Event Boutique some time soon.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Usually bug fix = delete like with what happened to tournament. I wonder if Arena / Guild Base wars will ever be "fixed" or just deleted from our version of the game lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011

What is exactly the difference selling the Medal of Glory or DQ Mats direct to player? None.

Even if the Medal of Glory would have been untradeable, the DQ Mats still are. Nothing caused here an exploiting, only to remove them (disadvantage for f2p playerbase). I for myself still have one tradeable medal and i would be an idiot not to sell it for 25mil the next days.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sure why not? do you know if they are putting them into the event botique? they probably will for like 50 event gold that way you can still get it for about the same amount of dq items. i would rather not allow people to exploit a bug then have it in.

Awesome I'll just get the event card then make the medal tradable and start it all over again.

They should have just left everything alone. DQ points are tradable in its own. Therefore anything you get from dq points is also tradable if you buy the dq points instead of the item.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if they actually had a gen summer sale in the next 2 weeks I'd give them credit for having the nerve at least.

They just did, check the News section... Rep sale

im glad im pretty much quit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Awesome I'll just get the event card then make the medal tradable and start it all over again.

They should have just left everything alone. DQ points are tradable in its own. Therefore anything you get from dq points is also tradable if you buy the dq points instead of the item.

And that is why they removed them instead of making them permanently untradeable: People would still buy the DQs at high prices rather than pay the 25G per Medal of Glory since it'd be much, much cheaper.

Not to mention that it makes gaining coin for f2p players even harder:
    Most people who bought DQs at cat shops at higher prices probably got it through buying zen or merchanting
    People who grinded got a decent coin/hour by selling to these catshops
    By making DQs worth ****, the f2p players are one option down in how to earn coin
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I agree with this.

The medal exploit needed to stop and people shouldn't be mad they've stopped it, but perhaps making them non-tradeable for sure would've been a better idea... That or, at least WARN people before removing them.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't think code fixing ever happens from PWI themselves lol... They always wait for the patch from... oh wait, PW CN never implemented these rank sales for a reason. b:surrender

^ this.

I wish PW-CN would directly take over management of PWI. This game wouldn't have gone to s**t the way it has.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AzureBeast_c - Harshlands
    AzureBeast_c - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011

at least if someone would be caught exploiting this they would get in trouble. owait no the gms dont mind if you do.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12190652&postcount=16
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And that is why they removed them instead of making them permanently untradeable: People would still buy the DQs at high prices rather than pay the 25G per Medal of Glory since it'd be much, much cheaper.

Not to mention that it makes gaining coin for f2p players even harder:
    Most people who bought DQs at cat shops at higher prices probably got it through buying zen or merchanting
    People who grinded got a decent coin/hour by selling to these catshops
    By making DQs worth ****, the f2p players are one option down in how to earn coin

That was sarcasm. I actually needed just one medal to make my r9 legs. I have 22k dq points as of tonight. But alas now I can't. My point was about how dumb the idea to get it from event cards would be.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2011

personally i think that PWI is just being greedy. this has nothing to do with people "glitching" it. why would PWI care if someone sells you the dq or sells you the medal? they dont. the only reason to take them out of DQ points is so you will all be forced to buy them from the cash shop when they do make them available. but PWI will hold out a few more weeks so that players are really hungry for them and spend outrageous amounts on medals.
    well if i was running PWI that would have been my master plan.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    personally i think that PWI is just being greedy. this has nothing to do with people "glitching" it. why would PWI care if someone sells you the dq or sells you the medal? they dont. the only reason to take them out of DQ points is so you will all be forced to buy them from the cash shop when they do make them available. but PWI will hold out a few more weeks so that players are really hungry for them and spend outrageous amounts on medals.
    well if i was running PWI that would have been my master plan.

It doesn't take an MBA to figure out PWI's motives. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It seems PWI dont give a damn about this, they will just put it at 25 dollars each medal again, I do mind but does not bother me that much.

What really bothers me is that until they put it back in the boutique those people that bug exploited and stacked those medals will now be selling them for 30 millions and up. And on top of that PWI benefits them even further by doing a rep sale without medals, now ppl desperate for medals will pay INSANE amount of money for them, nice lesson: bug exploit in PWI and get yourself rich.

Way to **** thing up PWI staff, b:bye.
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It doesn't take an MBA to figure out PWI's motives. b:chuckle

wait what does a black basketball player have to d-...... OHHH..
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't believe some of you people are defending this decision...
    How is it fair that loads of people got to farm their medals for R9 and the rest of us can't?
    How is it fair that they take it away without warning us, so now I have hundreds of thousands of useless ****ing DQ points I can't use to get medals?

Who cares if people were selling medals or selling DQ items to people so that they could make medals. How the hell is that some massive exploit that's going to ruin the games economy?

You could farm them yourself or basically pay other people to farm them for you.
    It's just like uncanny crystals for nirvana gear or tt mats for tt gear. What's the big difference?
    You can still sell dq items and get other items as dq rewards. You can still make these items traceable and sell them. Why weren't they removed?

**** pretending this was some decision made because of the "exploitation" going on and just admit that it was done so they could sell people medals for **** high gold prices in sales.

Now I have like 6 medals, a massive amount of useless dq points and no way atm to obtain more medals. I had hundreds of gold stored waiting for a chip sale so I could get the first couple pieces of r9. Now there's absolutely no point as I have no idea when or if I'll be able to get more medals.

There are loads of people right now in this position. Who have a few hundred thousand DQ points, or a some medals, or half a set of r9, or a huge stockpile of chips. And now we have no way to get medals. So we're stuck with useless DQ points, useless medals, useless chips, useless 300k rep, useless half a set of ****ing R9 that we won't be able to finish.

If you had at least given a warning before taking them out that would have made things so much better. At least then people wouldn't be sitting on massive stockpiles of useless dq points they spent millions of coin to get or spent hundreds of hours grinding.
    I R AAANNGRRRYYYYY AT YOOUUU PWWIIIIIIIII RAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

End rant. b:bye
  • Linchen - Sanctuary
    Linchen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011

sry thats not true,
    wait a bit for the next medal sale in boutique, than u will see who benefits most and its not a player its a dev and his new car or house or maybe the american red-cross haha
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Does everyone else see half my post sliding off the screen and becoming invisible or is it just me?
    Can't even find the edit button... It's off the screen too QQ

Wow even the forums are fkd up now...
    They really did a number on this game >.<
    b:bye
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Does everyone else see half my post sliding off the screen and becoming invisible or is it just me?

Your resolution might be too small for the forums?

Edit: Oh you mean your other post. Yea you just made your line of text too long I think LOL. I can't see the quote button on it either xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Yeah I see it...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Click the post # then you'll be able to see the edit/quote buttons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga