Thanks... but no thanks!

HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
This is a response to the Thanks... thread; which imho is a bit forced.

I agree on the over-QQing, but still... there is no QQ without reason... Now the game has 3 kind of players:

The cash-shoppers: r8-r9-vana gear with uber ornaments, all greatly refined, members of uber TWing guilds. They buy gold/marketeer for TW/pvp/e-peen/plvl and have a huge impact on economy. They almost always stick with they own kind.
The normal players: TT-goldTT-r8 gear with low/mild refined gear, with molded ornaments, few with lunar cape or something. They grind/sometimes marketeer to get better gear. They are cash-shopper wannabies, sometimes spending 10/20 bucks; also too many lick cash-shopper arses.
The totally casual players: starred gear/molded/TT with low refines(0-3) and with *OMG this cape has 0.1 speed* ornaments. They level up through questing/grinding and aim to learn the game and have fun. Sometimes they don't even perceive the difference between the other 2 types of players.
The Veterans: they have very various gear, they have game knowledge, they log in to chat and casually play. They have no intent to come back and play, because most have found better/much better gaming options.
There are of course exceptions and players migrating towards the Cash-shopping area and Veterans area, but overall, there are way too few player in the Casual and Normal area.

Has anyone noticed that World Chat is WTS/WTB over 75% of the time? PWI has turned, like any other cash-shop games into a gear grind and e-peen played by cash-shoppers that just don't have the heart to depart the game they spend so much into. Yes, many still have fun, but too often that fun is forced, faded and rarely enjoyable.
Where are the times when getting a nice evasion stat on your archer gear would be great, or when zhen squads were the top of the food chain? Where are the times where TW wasn't the only non-boring thing to do?

I saw people complain about players that have no idea playing their classes. I laughed: *how can that be!?* But today I got a pm from a nice guy, playing a 98 sin that asked me how can he make tomes. I of course told him what he needs and to use them at the 1k stream to make the book he wanted. The he asked me where General Summer is. I told him that too, and also mentioned that for more NPCs he can use the Coordinate Assistant. Obviously the guy never explored the interface, cuz he was clueless. 2 minutes of talk later he was amazed that he could do macros(yeah I told him that too). He asked me then for how many months have I been playing the game; I told him I played for 2 years. He looked at my gear, Shouted *n00b mwahahaha* and went on his way. He was nice at first, and then, not even a small ty. After he left, I realized that the above mentioned people were totally right. Too many people claw their way up to high lvls not really knowing even how they got there. And this is another niche of players, unfortunately growing rapidly. OMG GTFO n00b! pew-pew, I shoot gold!

Now PW is a nice game, but the company has had its profit from it, and since other hot games are making their entrance into the arena, they are slowly squeezing everything they possibly can now, regardless of players and their ever-growing problems.

So... Thanks... for turning PWI into a mockery of a game.
It's 50% game's fault and 50% community's fault for falling into the greedy traps layed out by patches.
Lucky me I play Dragon Age2, LoL, Flash games and my trusty Diablo II online, plus I always try new games, hoping for quality. There are always choices for me.
Post edited by HimeJunsei - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I like how a good 1/2 the people i know dont fit into any of the above really cliched and overused catagorys

i give this bit of trollbait a 1/10 on originality, and a .5/10 on accuracy
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Elmut - Heavens Tear
    Elmut - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    PW was my first MMO, i found it amazing in the first time i logged in and i played for about 6-8 months. but with time it become boring for the lack of ''things to do'', every day was the same: BH BH BH BH, world quest, crazy stone, log out.I quited the game when my psy hit lvl70

I retuned to pw only because the EG class.

Now i moved to another MMO, i dont know if i can speak the name of this MMO but i will give a hint. it begins with A.L.L and it end with O.D.S.(plz dont ban me for this D:)

Sorry if i writed something wrong, my english is not very good.
  • Markyouwho - Heavens Tear
    Markyouwho - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I He looked at my gear, Shouted *n00b mwahahaha* and went on his way. He was nice at first, and then, not even a small ty. After he left, I realized that the above mentioned people were totally right. Too many people claw their way up to high lvls not really knowing even how they got there. .

Once a squad i was in gathered all dragons with mobs and told me to BB b:angry < before i was 90+)
  • Canisha - Heavens Tear
    Canisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, this "free-to-play" game costs way more than any fee based game I've ever played. Unless you throw cash at it or have 20 hours a day to grind, you're never really gonna make it into the ranks of the uber-geared which means you can't end-game play.

Even to just play casually, as you get up in levels your expenses easily outweigh the income you can generate. Sure, you can kill mobs for the coin drops and maybe sometimes they drop gear you can sell, but unless you're willing to sit and meditate constantly, you're gonna go through more in potion costs than you make in drops.

And crafting is so screwed up it's a joke. The finished items have less value than the materials to make them unless you luck into - channel or interval, but even then, the amount of resources you use to get them exceeds the value.

So if you seriously want to play, you can expect to pay, and pay a lot.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I like how a good 1/2 the people i know dont fit into any of the above really cliched and overused catagorys

what was said is insightfull and complety true. but what do I know I've only played 2.5 years.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011

It wouldn't be 100% accurate but generalizations should be treated as such; it should be used to analyze the trend of things. Obviously if you look for specific cases that don't fit the generalization you're going to find it. For example I don't fit into any of the categories EXACTLY but if I'm a little more lenient with my evaluation I can probably fit into one of them (which I do: the veteran/pink one).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Elmut - Heavens Tear
    Elmut - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Next expansion:

PWstaff: hi ppl we gonna nerf the coins even more, there is no more dq or equip drops.Its sad i know. but u can buy then whit your credit card. And if u buy 10mil coins u got a free r9 equips isn't great?? b:pleased b:victory b:laugh
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, this "free-to-play" game costs way more than any fee based game I've ever played. Unless you throw cash at it or have 20 hours a day to grind, you're never really gonna make it into the ranks of the uber-geared which means you can't end-game play.

^ thats why i moved to p2p or b2p. at least u pay fair price for few pixels :)
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just avoid csers, I **** on them and laugh for spending cash on ****ing pixels, well it`s their choice, majority of them are to arrogant mother****ers who deserve to be slaughtered in the most despicable way imaginable, btw long time no see Hime lol
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Honestly, making coin in this "free-to-play" game is so easy, I don't know why people even spend money in the first place. Unless you don't know how to read or can't do basic math, you're gonna make it into the ranks of the uber-geared in a couple of months which means you can play end-game.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The totally casual players: starred gear/molded/TT with low refines(0-3) and with *OMG this cape has 0.1 speed* ornaments. They level up through questing/grinding and aim to learn the game and have fun. Sometimes they don't even perceive the difference between the other 2 types of players.

Do I fall in that category ? b:chuckle
    http://pwcalc.com/14f1dba18bb92a8e

EDIT : The bow is a gift from friend. The helmet is bought for extremely low price from a friend and the tome is a gift as well.

Make your own conclusions.
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    -removed-
    You wouldn't happen to be one of those people who are just mad because you can have homosexual relationships in the game are you? Cuz the whiners about that make me laugh so hard! I agree the game has its shortcomings but like 99% of the QQ is about *** relationships, which is so sad and shallow that I can't blame Bioware for not taking you guys seriously.

Nope :P I am straight but don't care about homosexual relationships :O In nature you find it in more than 1.500 species. Only the human religious folks are biased against it. What I wrote in my message is true though, unless you can discredit it.

Edit- my bad fuzzy, re-read the rules. It was ok to type what I wrote in off-topic section only. rule 19.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    -removed-

You wouldn't happen to be one of those people who are just mad because you can have homosexual relationships in the game are you? Cuz the whiners about that make me laugh so hard! I agree the game has its shortcomings but like 99% of the QQ is about *** relationships, which is so sad and shallow that I can't blame Bioware for not taking you guys seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    GrimReaper, you fall into the Normal Players category, as do I.

Yes the 1st comment on my thread is funny&trollish (trolling is an art, and the comment made me smile, even if it lacks any aim or success).
    Of course it's a generalization and most players hit at least two of the categories (me included).

About p2p option: aham, it's been long established that ftp games are ftp/p2win and cost a lot more then p2p to be just a part of the majority, with the extra option of being steamrolled by heavy shoppers.

Bioware... Ah... The Baldur's Gate times... When one wrong decision in one battle would ruin a character. Thank Dev's for pause key. Bioware has been corrupted by the big bad wol...erm EA Games and the best guys over there just went off, working for other companies. They just couldn't stand to work for EA. Hence, the greediness and anime-ish influence on Dragon Age. But the guys that stayed made sure it lives up to at least the allmighty Neverwinter Nights quality, with just updated graphics.

I still have fun in PWI, but I'm leaning towards the pink area too, since more and more info is released about Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    in truth, in all the mmorg's i have played, both p2p and f2p. the people who learned how to exploit the price differences have always been able to get the gear they want

i admit, i cash shoped a bit early, but i also turned 3 mill into over 50 in a few months, and as i get more coin, that number is growing exponentially

that being said, the fact the grinding/farming is becoming less and less profitable is a serious problem, and if its not fixed soon, the game will have nothing left but high levels who are all geared out, and some alts, and then there is trouble
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <-- Mild cashopper who's not an a-holeb:cute

Pfft, mild my butt. What am I talking about? I've spent more money on this game in the year I've been playing than I care to admit b:cold
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Q_Q

That is all b:cute
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I saw people complain about players that have no idea playing their classes. I laughed: *how can that be!?* But today I got a pm from a nice guy, playing a 98 sin that asked me how can he make tomes. I of course told him what he needs and to use them at the 1k stream to make the book he wanted. The he asked me where General Summer is. I told him that too, and also mentioned that for more NPCs he can use the Coordinate Assistant. Obviously the guy never explored the interface, cuz he was clueless. 2 minutes of talk later he was amazed that he could do macros(yeah I told him that too). He asked me then for how many months have I been playing the game; I told him I played for 2 years. He looked at my gear, Shouted *n00b mwahahaha* and went on his way. He was nice at first, and then, not even a small ty. After he left, I realized that the above mentioned people were totally right. Too many people claw their way up to high lvls not really knowing even how they got there. And this is another niche of players, unfortunately growing rapidly. OMG GTFO n00b! pew-pew, I shoot gold!

Yeah this is exactly the problem. I've been playing PW on and off for 4 years. Since 2007 (It feels like four since the Oracle server on Malaysia) and you had to 'learn things' in this one its like "500K and you grow a **** (in some cases some idiots grow a **** and a head at the same time) I bet some of these idiots wouldn't even know where to find the ****ing PWI Wiki or the ingame encyclopedia.

We're breeding a culture in-game that is something else. (like)
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/y0O7_3o3BrI

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Q_Q

That is all b:cute

Did he stop you from watching "Ow, my balls"

b:chuckle

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Funny clip!:)

And PWI is totally taking us for moronic walking wallets. You got cash, you play and have fun! You don't have cash, you grind forever and probably get half of what ppl with cash have, in best case!

As to the marketeer wonder miracle man:

I installed this program called GAME to - play a game - , not to work math, numbers, follow the flow of money/items, observe economy tendencies, memorize prices and invest/make profit. I do that at work, tyvm!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Yeah, the OP did miss a category...

The players you party with once before blacklisting them. They talk about the game like they know everything about it and they think they're so factor, but when you meet them in-game you realize how badly they're geared and how horrible they play you laugh and vow to never party with them. People like -removed- fit into that category.

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Interesting read, Hime. I guess by your standard I fall into the "normal players" category, though philosophically I'm more of a casual player. But very few people fall into any category exactly, which I assume (and which your first replier missed like a champ) was the entire point. :P

Also:
    They talk about the game like they know everything about it and they think they're so factor, but when you meet them in-game you realize how badly they're geared and how horrible they play you laugh and vow to never party with them.
    They talk about the game like they know everything about it and they think they're so factor
    they think they're so factor
    so factor
    wat.

...oh god, please tell me this isn't going to be new slang on the order of "so pro" now. ._. That's gonna give me nightmares for a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've noticed that those that dump tons of cash in the game power level their toons so fast that they don't know how to play their toons properly. b:cute Cash playing clerics i've seen don't have a set of priorities in what to do in squad. b:chuckle Seen them buffing rez'd people during a fight with the bh 3-3 boss and letting the barb die bucause they thought the squad mattered more in the buffs then keeping the tank alive.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Interesting read, Hime. I guess by your standard I fall into the "normal players" category, though philosophically I'm more of a casual player. But very few people fall into any category exactly, which I assume (and which your first replier missed like a champ) was the entire point. :P

Also:

wat.

...oh god, please tell me this isn't going to be new slang on the order of "so pro" now. ._. That's gonna give me nightmares for a month.
    "Factor" has always meant people/groups of people with enough skill/gear to 'factor' into the outcome of a situation, such as TW, as opposed to sitting around looking stupid and waving around harsh language. This isn't new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.