Patcher up-to-date???

gwynnavier3
gwynnavier3 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Support Desk
It says my patcher is up to date then it throws me into the patcher download. Current game version 501 is what it shows. Keeps getting stuck on elementskill.dll I have tried turning off my virus scanner, turned off my firewall and still its stops at elementskill.dll I have even gone as far as downloading the manual patcher but it says that I have the current client version. So now I have no idea what else to do!
Post edited by gwynnavier3 on

Comments

• Chaozzmaker - Lost City
    Chaozzmaker - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    your not the only one with problem im trying to manual patch it now
  • gwynnavier3
    edited April 2011
    is your showing you have game version 501 too?
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I had the same prob and restarted and now its good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiva74
    shiva74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Same problem on same file and I have no idea how to fix it
  • jonsey22
    jonsey22 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well it appears ive the same problem, the laucher will not run at all and ive tried everything i can think of other than a fresh install.....43 mins of dl left b:angry
  • gwynnavier3
    edited April 2011
    I restarted my computer and it is downloading and working just fine now. Restart your computer! It works hehehehe Thank you for the tip.
  • jonsey22
    edited April 2011
    Well i restarted pc but still i get as far as the dll file and then nothing...no launch window at all b:sad
  • AirronRath - Dreamweaver
    AirronRath - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im having the same issue anyone got any ideas hwo to fix this???
    edited April 2011
    jonsey22 wrote: »
    Well it appears ive the same problem, the laucher will not run at all and ive tried everything i can think of other than a fresh install.....43 mins of dl left b:angry

i switched to patch 1 from patch 2 and it seems to work ill let u know if i actually get in game ok?
    edited April 2011
    patch 1 worked im in game, try that out see if it works for u all :) 0hope that helps u out

AirronRath
    Dreamweaver server lvl65 bm and complete crazy person heheh
  • jonsey22
    edited April 2011
    How do i switch to patch 2 when i have no launch window to do so?? All i get is the small window with 2 progress bars and a dll file for like 2 secs then nothing....nothing at all, not even listed as 'running' in task manager.
    edited April 2011
    jonsey22 wrote: »
    How do i switch to patch 2 when i have no launch window to do so?? All i get is the small window with 2 progress bars and a dll file for like 2 secs then nothing....nothing at all, not even listed as 'running' in task manager.

that is odd...i swiitched it from the startup windown thing with the adds for salse n ****...was at top left of that
  • jonsey22
    edited April 2011
    Well the problem persists even after i reinstalled the client, the launcher was running fine just minutes b4 the new patch was available for dl....im stuck now, no idea how to fix thisb:sad
  • jonsey22
    edited April 2011
    PROBLEM SOLVED

During server downtime i deicided to take up some of the offers to earn a few zen, 1 of which was a nielsen offer in which you register and dl some software and leave intaled for a month, i did this and was credited the zen within minutes. After trying everything else i thought 'could this be related to my problem' thus i deleted the software and now alls fine so if anyone does that offer delete that piece of chit sowfware straight away b:angry
  • s1d3wayz
    s1d3wayz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i am having this same problem. it keeps stopping first it was at dll but then i stopped and resumed and now it worked for a bit longer and now its stoppedd again at dds. -.- anyone know how to fix this problem? i havnt downloaded anything else
  • s1d3wayz
    s1d3wayz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    nvm :) it seems to be continuing now very slowly :)
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My updates went fine updated patcher first and then client everything seems to be ok. But when I click start nothing but patcher close happens. I uninstalled PWI and also tried manual update. Same outcome.

I tried also open game directly from elementclient.exe file but nothing happens.

Edit:My problem solved with downloading wine package vcrun6 from winetricks. (I'm using ubuntu and have to use wine to run PWI)
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    Ekala - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've tried manual patching and restarting.... It just doesn't wanna patch for me. Any ideas on how to fix this? b:surrender
  • KitAilee - Raging Tide
    KitAilee - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, I've switched my patch servers back and forth xDb:cry it's not working D: I shall try to restart :O
  • blazingstars2
    blazingstars2 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am having the same issue as the first poster. Have tried manual DL but when finished says files are corrupt. Suggestions?
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It says my patcher is up to date then it throws me into the patcher download. Current game version 501 is what it shows. Keeps getting stuck on elementskill.dll I have tried turning off my virus scanner, turned off my firewall and still its stops at elementskill.dll I have even gone as far as downloading the manual patcher but it says that I have the current client version. So now I have no idea what else to do!

Same problem. Also version 501. Have cleaned up files on computer to make space in case that was the problem and have tried mutiple times to update as patcher prompts (mine is set at automaticic update) but no go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazingstars2
    edited April 2011
    Tried both patches tried both manual and automatic patcher through launcher and nothing works
  • blazingstars2
    edited April 2011
    Am recieving a corrupted file error on all the downloads.
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Okay. Rebooted computer. Switched from Patch 2 to Patch 1. Updated. Now both complete. Game version now 505. Problem solved. Yoppeee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alextan
    alextan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can someone post the link to manual patch
  • GeBe - Lost City
    GeBe - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    restart ur pc it wont solve ur problem...
    but u need u change ur language setting !!! coz the all of the file wich u wana try to update is contain the chinese language...
    so u just need to change ur language..
    Open START then choose CONTROL PANEL n next choose Clock,Language and Region...then select administrative..click on the CHANCE SYSTEM LOCATION then select Chinese language..then restart ur pc...

After that u can update ur pwi again....i hope it will work...GBU
  • ubershto
    ubershto Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm getting the same issue. elementskill.dll keeps downloading over and over and over.

This is not fun.

On top of that, I'm monitoring netstat, and it's showing i'm uploading just fine. PWI is uploading!

I am wondering, does PWI use a cloud/bittorrent type distribution system for their patches? I can't see any other reason I would be uploading 40KB a second. PWI is the ONLY internet program i have open other than my browser, and the bandwidth upstream was almost ZERO until I opened PWI. Then it jumps to 40KB a second? kinda odd!

edit to add: I am NOT changing my computer to chinese! I wouldn't be able to find how to switch it back!
  • ubershto
    ubershto Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I rebooted, as someone else earlier suggested, and it's working now. I think the problem has to do with the font cache getting bloated. The very next file after elementskill.dll is named in chinese. The font cache is the only reason I can think of for the updater to not be able to address that file. I have run into this kind of thing before, but it was years ago on a computer devoted to desktop publishing. I had to reboot the thing frequently because it only had like 256 megs of ram, and fonts would hog a lot of the available memory, and then, well you get the picture.