Should Medals of Glory be returned to DQ Rewards? [Poll]

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    we did for the TW pay and we got it back...

The only reason they changed it back was because it was affecting their bottom line.

The lack of TW rewards made so many people not care that it affected their sales figures.

So, giving away xxx millions of coins a week is inconsequential compared to how much their sales figures dropped over the span of time the rewards had changed.

Yes, PW has at least one full time person dedicated to watching the in-game economy, game statistics and real $$$ sales figures which dictates how PWE manages the game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Don't get me wrong here. I am all for Free to Play games with a cash shop. What we (as a community and a certain developer) should be striving for in the 'cash shop'-esque development is a cross between time-spent-ingame and money-speny-ingame and the medal worked this way fairly well.

Because people would also sell Mysterious Token packs and people would still have to grind the DQ. Sure they could buy the DQ from the auction house but what is the point? Quicker way?

Now they're only stifling the customer base. You know what is going to happen same thing that happened last time. The map will be taken over by the higher guild. The higher guild which already has a lot of Rank 9 people will own all the pieces of land and hence the medals. Unless of course there is a balance. b:laugh

I've seen the 'map domination happen 3 times now and I've got the screenshots to prove it as well. all the way from 2008, 2009 and QQMe on Raging Tides in 2010. It is always the same thing.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i believe its not fair how people bugged the medals and made them tradeable, but i believe the problem should be fixed rather than removed. but removal until fixed is probably the best choice. but will it be fixed? i highly doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i believe its not fair how people bugged the medals and made them tradeable, but i believe the problem should be fixed rather than removed. but removal until fixed is probably the best choice. but will it be fixed? i highly doubt it.

Ah yes, Miss Vixter, pleasure to have you on the flagship PW MY again. Sorry I mean the PWI again. I know you and you're Werefox from the Epitaph guild in Oracle. Sorry I went to the other server. But maybe we can keep in touch this way. I suppose out of the frying pan (gold farmers, dead servers, Warlord/Immortal and server mergers) and into the fire (erratic changes in gameplay mechanics, wierd decisions and no gold farmers.)

Well at least the economy of Raging Tides isn't buggered (Got evidence of buggered economy in other servers, as well)

Rather interesting, don't you think? Try escaping one island and you kind of go round-robin.

Who here wants to take a gander at how long it will take before the map is full of ONE COLOUR again. I give it about 1 year probably less; Try 8 months. I'm telling you its like the AIDS virus. You **** one point and it just keeps on carrying.

b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What kills me is that over a month ago...they were pretty much encouraging people to do this to get the medals!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12190652&postcount=16
    We'll check with the devs and see about making them not stack with each other, but until that change occurs, we will not be punishing any players who do use the mechanic this way.

Thanks for the report, though.

Nope, not punishing players who do it, they'll reward them instead.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nope, not punishing players who do it, they'll reward them instead.

Yes and isn't it ironic. That the RANK SALE doesn't have any 'MEDALS' in it. b:laugh Also don't worry I screenshotted the post. Frankie isn't getting away this time.
    b i t . l y /
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Simply put if you look at the rest of that post, I haven't seen a single person post that agrees with this decision by the gms.

I think about as close as it got to "agrees" in that thread was me saying it was "understandable."

They really should fix that dumb bug and get those medals back in the list.
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    [Why You Do Dat, Be Takin Out Da Medals Of Glory Mang, Not Like I Kno What Dat Be Mang But Dont Be Takin Out Dem Medals Wit Out Tellin Me Bout Dat Stuff Mang
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    [Why You Do Dat, Be Takin Out Da Medals Of Glory Mang, Not Like I Kno What Dat Be Mang But Dont Be Takin Out Dem Medals Wit Out Tellin Me Bout Dat Stuff Mang

rofl b:laugh
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think about as close as it got to "agrees" in that thread was me saying it was "understandable."

They really should fix that dumb bug and get those medals back in the list.

I have an 'understanding' that there are better ways to develop and craft a game. There is a right way and a wrong way and I've given examples in other posts as to how to develop a game.

If you want me to repeat them here:

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Idling

The Cheater's Lament is a headwear item available to all classes. It appears as a glowing, golden halo attached to the wearer's head by two wires. It was awarded on September 2, 2009, to all players who had not used external idling programs and had played at least once since the introduction of the item system. As such, it is not obtainable through the regular item drop system, acquirable through crafting, or via trading
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Cheater%27s_Lament
    One of the requests we've gotten from community item contributors has been for an easier way to test their creations. We're pleased to announce that last friday's update included a beta version of our new item testing system.
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4850&p=1

b i t . l y /
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    it isn't a matter of wanting it as it does not directly benefit me... I do not think it should have ever been there in the first place nor should it be sent to a random area for owning land in TW.

The reason I say this is because it was not available this way (outside the TW thing) in China therefore having it available in such a way just makes it so more than the amount of people who are dedicated get to run around in this fancy gear. other than that if there isn't new gear to actually farm to match up to it like rank 8 then I find something very broken. I like choices and rank 9 gives you one choice and quite honestly it is quite dull to find everyone fighting with the same weapon/armor/build.
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    it isn't a matter of wanting it as it does not directly benefit me... I do not think it should have ever been there in the first place nor should it be sent to a random area for owning land in TW.

The reason I say this is because it was not available this way (outside the TW thing) in China therefore having it available in such a way just makes it so more than the amount of people who are dedicated get to run around in this fancy gear. other than that if there isn't new gear to actually farm to match up to it like rank 8 then I find something very broken. I like choices and rank 9 gives you one choice and quite honestly it is quite dull to find everyone fighting with the same weapon/armor/build.

It also evens out the gameplay for everyone.

And this type of things are the reason you think ahead of what you do. Now that medals are gone those that already have full rank 9 are heavily boosted and those that need to struggle to get the last remaining medals in market (only benefiting the ones that gathered many of these) at an extremely high price...Let alone for big factions to decide who gets the medal and who doesn't get it is another struggle itself.

I thought the reason the medals were there was to give you a chance to farm for your stuff and not necessarily buy it from boutique (if it gets added to it) which seems to be the only possible option at the moment.

As I'm writing this I read Free to Play on the top right corner and I think, if medals are not there where is the free? I really hope they simply make all medals untradeable or just fix the exploit, an easy way would be not letting them stack.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ everyone acting like R9 has been completely removed.

Last I checked TW gave medals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol there probably wont be a sale on these medals. as for the qq this game has the most qq about everything and anything possible. you name 1 thing and someone will qq about it. b:chuckle

This^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

Last I checked, the colours of the TW Kingdom you're guild had a very 'interesting' take on the map about 3/4s of it. Also interesting was the colour about the same colour -- I'm writing in.

Heres an interesting question: Who would be MORE LIKELY to get the Medal Of Glory if Medals now only come out of TW?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/b9/61/b961929bb7d499430ed932c27c76ff611302076020.jpg

I don't think owning 20 pieces of land would get you a Medal. Surely, Rawrgh. I'd think that's very RANDOMLY going to drop the medal into another guild with those odds, after all owning 20 pieces of land. Yeah there is no contest ::sic::

b i t . l y /
  • Badger - Dreamweaver
    Badger - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    either put the metals back into dq or put them back in with the rank sale i don't give a **** which one but if the item is mandatory for Rank 9 and compleately unavalable then the system is udder fail. metals was the only reason i spent hours and hours farming those gd spiders. and not to sell i've never even heard of the glitch so all that time spent wasn't to sell. b:angry
  • TrollIsKing - Lost City
    TrollIsKing - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

LOL ... how long u guess this is going to take people to be able to get some? 1year i guess wont be enough to get at least the ring and 1 more rank9 item ....
    + the big tw factions will never ever sell their medals! -> u wont get one if u arent in one of those factions!

next thing is ... first they were in boutique while general summer sale (25 gold but at least they were buyable ...) -.- since then there was no other way to get them then by owning tw lands or dq points. I dont think there is anyone who as crafted 1 rank9 item from medals by tw -.-

The ones that spent loads of money before this chage and got their rank9 stuff have an insane advantage to people that were farming for rank9 ... those are ****ed now lol

if they would add them back in the cs they would still be achiveable, but prolly for 20mil coins more, which is an add of 400% from the price before. if u want to craft the ring and the weapon this is 160mil coins more ... if u plan on the whole set thats kinda 50% extra, ridicoulus.

They solution is as easy as someone metioned before ... just make all of the medals untradeable and put it back into the dq rewards! ... btw without the medals in the dq rewards no1 will care about those anymore, since that was the only usefull thing that could be aquired by dq-points.
  • Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver
    Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Last I checked, the colours of the TW Kingdom you're guild had a very 'interesting' take on the map about 3/4s of it. Also interesting was the colour about the same colour -- I'm writing in.

Just because your server doesn't have enough people (or something like that) to make two or three good TW factions so you have some variance on the map isn't anyone's fault but your own. Being so very defeatist about TW is just a lack of will to do anything about it. So rage on the forums, right? Yeah, that'll fix it.

I think they should (and will) put the medals back in the DQ list. They were removed for the exploit only; believing they won't be back in some capacity other than a random reward for owning territory is just complaining because something you could abuse is gone. You want to know why it doesn't seem like people take you seriously? The forum here is full of a whole ton of complaints about just about everything. You all come off as spoiled and just wanting everything to be perfect for you. Have fun with that while I actually play the game.

Oh, and thanks for making DQ items nice and cheap. I'll buy them all from you now and snag the medals when they come back.
  • TrollIsKing - Lost City
    TrollIsKing - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh, and thanks for making DQ items nice and cheap. I'll buy them all from you now and snag the medals when they come back.

b:shutup nuu tellz to other!!!!! b:surrender bad 4 buzynezz b:angry me blamez u when price go backz up!!! b:angry
  • LyubenSky - Harshlands
    LyubenSky - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only PWE benefits from this change when they have a rank sale, oh lets say, after this maintenance?

Most people didn't even know about this exploit, this fix is far more damaging than the exploit itself.

you got a point I had no Idea there was one till I saw this thread how did they change not trable medels to tradeable ones? b:surrender
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just because your server doesn't have enough people (or something like that) to make two or three good TW factions so you have some variance on the map isn't anyone's fault but your own. Being so very defeatist about TW is just a lack of will to do anything about it. So rage on the forums, right? Yeah, that'll fix it.

I think they should (and will) put the medals back in the DQ list. They were removed for the exploit only; believing they won't be back in some capacity other than a random reward for owning territory is just complaining because something you could abuse is gone. You want to know why it doesn't seem like people take you seriously? The forum here is full of a whole ton of complaints about just about everything. You all come off as spoiled and just wanting everything to be perfect for you. Have fun with that while I actually play the game.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/c8/39/c839a8af48a5aed4ab3a0bbae87dac011302082550.jpg

Notice that date that says "2/28/2011" that is actually called 'playing the game'. See that other date called "3/06/2011", "3/11/2011" "3/29/2011 that is also called earning things. Oh my are those dates, I mustn't of been actuallly playing on those dates. Srsly, some people make me want to throw up and turn my nose up in the air. If I was a defeatist I wouldn't be 'grinding' and gathering DQ would I. b:laugh

Maybe a little Veno like you could learn a thing or two from a person like me.

Screenshot or didn't happen.
    b i t . l y /
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Needs more bump...
    b i t . l y /
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ok well im not sure what they mean by exploit cause if selling an amount of dq items so someone else can get the points is an exploit thats just dumb they sold the dq points through the selling of the dq items themselves and isn't an exploit.

However if they mean that the R9 medals becoming tradeable from being bound by dq items by them over stacking on this the best way I see of fixing this is having the R9 medals switch over to being bound instead of tradeable then those so called ppl thinking they're gonna rip off everyone by stacking up so many get stuck with them all and can't trade or sell them

That is an exploit in my eyes by using one of the ones bought from the cash shop and one from dq points creating a bug that unbinds the dq point medals is definitely an exploit in my eye's
  • preciousmaidan
    preciousmaidan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i want them back b:angry
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Every time there's a hateful change people make poll(s). Has any of them actually accomplished anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Darnoth - Sanctuary
    Darnoth - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Even if a TW Faction owned the entire map to get full r9 would take what half a year for 1 person? Seems like that's not a good way. Seems to me they thought the idea for medals in DQ rewards was a good idea orginally. If what they say is they removed it just because ppl were exploiting. So fix the exploit and put them back!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :)
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Poll speaks the truth.
    No one gave a **** about the so called exploit. It wasn't even really much of an exploit.
    You could sell dq items to people or you could make medals tradeable and sell them... big deal.

So you can either farm your medals or buy em off people.
    You can farm your tt mats and raptures or buy them off people too.
    We gonna remove tt and nirvana because you can get the mats for free instead of from the ****ing cash shop?

What about all the people with hundreds of thousands of DQ points saved up?
    People with half a set of useless R9 which they now can't complete?
    People with all the chips needed just waiting on the medals they now can't get?

Thanks for ****ing us all over PWE you guyyys RAAWWWWK
    RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

*wonders off to another "omg pwe ****ed the medals up" thread to QQ more*
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Every time there's a hateful change people make poll(s). Has any of them actually accomplished anything?

I think so far about 1/5 have been effective. This is a change that really doesn't need the developers to undo, so hoping it's a quick fix back.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Make all DQ point items tradeable

would make less people upset then this half assed move
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Making all the medals untradeable until the exploit was fixed, would have dealt with the problem just as effectively. Exploiters would have qq'ed, but who cares, they are the ones to blame anyway.

And people grinding hard to get rank 9 via DQ wouldn't have gotten the shaft like they have now.