Problem With borrow money

Options
Ookiller - Harshlands
Ookiller - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hey,

i got a little problem i borrowed a friend some money and i trusted him
now he said that i would receive 5 mill back.
a few weeks ago he said he gave it he send it by mail but i didnt receive it and now he nnever comes online anymore what can i do to get htose 5 mill back ?

Greets
(Not from ookiller but from) Miss_Cynthia
Post edited by Ookiller - Harshlands on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It sounds like you trusted the wrong individual. I do not believe there is a way to get the coin back.

You have my condolences.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ditto the person above me. Sorry but you're not getting the money back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seems like your friend has no intentions of giving you the money back. In this case, there's really nothing the team can help you with since once a trade has been approved by both sides, it is completely legit and the team has no way of verifying the reasoning behind the trade.

Sorry.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You got scammed, there is a 0% chance you will ever see that money again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    who was he... ill pk him... send me an ingame mail b:victory but thats the best anyone can do... or you could trick him into killing you then have some one pk him a few mins later and get a good drop maybe... b:chuckle
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's the problem with loaning people money - even in real life, you may or may not get it back. =/
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Markyouwho - Heavens Tear
    Markyouwho - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    we need judge judy sheindlin or judge judy shellyb:chuckleb:beatup
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Huh... Not such a good friend after all.

I borrowed money from friends. Large sums of it. And I paid it back, in full, when asked. I loaned it to several of those friends as well, and was always paid back in full. And you know what, when we went separate ways, faction wise, we still help each other out, and are still friends.

So, you know what, if you REALLY know someone's your friend, and you can REALLY trust them, and have been in faction with them, squadded with them, treated them well, and been treated well by them for months, or years even, loaning, or even giving them money, should be no big deal.

Someone you met 3 days ago who is suddenly your friend... Nuh uh. Not your friend.

And people randomly asking you to be their friend? No. Do some BH's, FB's, help some random people with me first, prove to me through thick and thin you're a good friend, and you will earn my trust, and hopefully, you, in me too.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey,

a few weeks ago he said he gave it he send it by mail but i didnt receive it and now he nnever comes online anymore what can i do to get htose 5 mill back ?

Greets

sorry man, but unfortunately you won't ever see this money again. pw is a great game, too bad not everyone is honest as they say they are. follow my example, NEVER borrow money to anyone. i know people can seem to be really nice but believe me, after they get something special/expensive from you, they turn out to be real idiots and thieves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sorry man, but unfortunately you won't ever see this money again. pw is a great game, too bad not everyone is honest as they say they are. follow my example, NEVER borrow money to anyone. i know people can seem to be really nice but believe me, after they get something special/expensive from you, they turn out to be real idiots and thieves.

When they got what they want they dissapear, happens often to me from guildies, ask for help and next day they are gone from the guild. Or you craft things for them and when finish never see another pm from them, not even a "Hi". Notice this when i have them in FL in 2 chars they forget my alt and i can see they are online. epicb:angry
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey,

Greets

I am really sorry that happened :( Never loan any money you can't afford to lose because someone you have never really met can do or say anything. That pretty much goes for real life too, so many loans never get repaid, if you can't afford to give that money then just hang on to it. Take it as a hard lesson and try to move on.

Here is more of the "mother" in me about to show, this is in no way an insult or is being said to be mean, just informative, the same exact thing I would tell my daughter.

When you give someone money you loan it to them. When you are the one asking for the money you are then borrowing it.

I hope the rest of your pwi experience is more fun, I hope you can go on to enjoy this game as much as I do, best of luck to you!
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol.

The problem is that you loaned out money in the first place.
  • Phrilly - Sanctuary
    Phrilly - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Here is more of the "mother" in me about to show, this is in no way an insult or is being said to be mean, just informative, the same exact thing I would tell my daughter.

When you give someone money you loan it to them. When you are the one asking for the money you are then borrowing it.

Actually, no. When you give someone money with the expectation of repayment you *lend* it to them. Loan is a noun, and lend is the verb.

And, yeah. what everyone else said. Don't lend money to someone you aren't certain you can trust.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I only recommend lending if you have a form of collateral such as blackmail. Some people call it loansharking but it's okay in PWI since they're unsecured loans anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually, no. When you give someone money with the expectation of repayment you *lend* it to them. Loan is a noun, and lend is the verb.

And, yeah. what everyone else said. Don't lend money to someone you aren't certain you can trust.

Ok whoopsie I stand corrected, his subject should have been "Problem with loaned money" I was working towards the difference between loaning and borrowing. Ty for the correction.b:chuckle
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    When they got what they want they dissapear, happens often to me from guildies, ask for help and next day they are gone from the guild. Or you craft things for them and when finish never see another pm from them, not even a "Hi". Notice this when i have them in FL in 2 chars they forget my alt and i can see they are online. epic b:angry

tell me about it >.> I just hate when you help ppl and all you get is "... has left the squad". last week there was a boy asking for money over guild chat and I said I didn't have any to give/borrow and guess what? he left the fac because no one wanted to give him money. c'mon, we work hard to get money and after trade is complete, you're very lucky if this person gives back or whatever. i have a friend who told me a friend of him borrowed his hook and thorn and he gave back. dunno if he really did or actually had hook and thorn on his hands, maybe that was just a story for me to borrow him money because he had asked for some a few moments ago >.> maybe thats because I dont have many friends b:sad well, its better not to have friends than having "bought" friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If they are not your spouse and you do not sleep next to them every night then chances are you cannot trust them.... and even then you still might not be able to trust them. Any questions?
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Unless you know where they eat, sleep, work, hide, and even know about that place they think you don't know about...don't lend out money. ;p
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In russia there is a speech saying: "if you want to lose a friend, lend him money"
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Never 'lend' money you can't afford to give away.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
    CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't trust anyone in this game - even the ones who claim to be your friend.
  • Miss_Cynthia - Harshlands
    Miss_Cynthia - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    EZuhm but the real problem is he was a friend someone i trusted very much and his name is SainTSoul
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Y Yu let dem be borrow demz money aye? Who be told you to do dat man
  • sin4uu
    sin4uu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you don't have to lend money to anyone while in games