Seekers's Defence

SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Seeker
Hellos

I've had quite a surprise on my first FCC with this Sin.
Squad was me at lv.77,a Seeker lv.75,another one lv.79,a Barb lv.84,and i don't remember the rest,but we didn't had a BM(So no Bell buff).
After we did the first 2 rooms,Barb was pulling to Shade near first boss's room,all mobs where Physical.

Everything seems to go right,Barb pulls,Invoke,Roar,Cleric set BB up,we start AoEing(Barb's Hp was above 50% when BB was up).Well,since we were a lowbie squad(All under 85),we took some time to kill mobs and Barb's Invoke went off and he died,now at that point I was excepting a squad wipe but the 79 Seeker tanked with Vortex and BB(And my BP),the mobs without his Hp falling below 75%,for about 10 secs before all mobs where dead.

I was like O_ O^ and b:shocked,how come a lv.84 Barb *Normally Geared*,died in BB while a 79 Seeker *Normally Geared* tanked way better?

I heard seekers takes quite little damage compared to other HA classes,even lower than a barb?
(I have no idea of which Skills/Buffs you guys have)
WTB>More Fash
Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
Post edited by SoulRequiem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Brafkung - Raging Tide
    Brafkung - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yea seekers can take some dmg, Adrenal Numbness helps :) 30def lvl at rank 10
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I heard seekers takes quite little damage compared to other HA classes,even lower than a barb?
    (I have no idea of which Skills/Buffs you guys have)
    ..With the right gear(heavy) and leveled adrenal numbness, we are bricks.

We can tank all bh bosses(except pole of course unless there's a cleric..) and most mini bosses out in the game world.

We aren't gimps of defense. The ones that say we can't take hits are people probably still in "experimental" phase with the class.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    yea seekers can take some dmg, Adrenal Numbness helps :) 30def lvl at rank 10

Ah so you can get 30 Attack level from Jones Blessing and 30 Defence Level from that one,that's interesting.I wonder how much def. level you can get with full R9 gear.

So basically 30 def levels > Barb's 60% extra physical defense from Shapeshifting Intensity?
    WTB>More Fash
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ah so you can get 30 Attack level from Jones Blessing and 30 Defence Level from that one,that's interesting.I wonder how much def. level you can get with full R9 gear.

So basically 30 def levels > Barb's 60% extra physical defense from Shapeshifting Intensity?

Incorrect.
    30 def level only equals around a 30% def gain.
    The reason the seeker was able to tank so much better was they were zhenning and healing from bp off all those mobs at a very quick rate.

I'm not saying Seekers don't have amazing defense. They do. Just saying that no, 30 def level =/= shape shifting intensity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Severn_ - Harshlands
    _Severn_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    isnt shapeshifting 60% extra def from gear while 30 def level 30% dmg reduction
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The main reason the Seeker was able to do that was because of your bloodpaint. The crazy output damage from vortex would have gave him a lot of....smexual healings ;D
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The defence levels of seeker make them able to tank alot of thinks that barbs couldnt..

Having that much defence levels at your current levels (7x-8x) is like somone was to put defence shards in all their gear...Keep in mind the barbs at those levels typically have 0 defence levels...

My seeker with that max buff can tank things that a barb in the current levels couldnt even handle... was suprised to tank all my FBs with nothing more than a BB...and it shocked people to see someone with barelly 4k HP tanking some bosses that eat up 8-10k barbs.

If they had some agrro skills they could easily replace a barb in the lower level content..
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The def levels are enough to make me consider getting alpha male for my genie....
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I transferred an older Zeal from my barb to my Seeker and it has Alpha Male on it. It's..nice but definitely not spammable. I would not count it as a reliable way to maintain aggro.

I used it a couple times when stupid sins or w/e got themselves into trouble. I'll probably replace AM with Second Wind (Already has ToP and Holy Path on it) or something until I can put a better skill on it.
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    I have alpha male, usually always need it for -offtanking- and if im main tanking, i just watch for agro changes... Not spamable, but certainlly helps..
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTB > 3 Seekers for my Delta stage 5 for Chrono(For my main)

:D
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Pwnographic - Harshlands
    Pwnographic - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you know something never gets old? all the surprised faces an comments about my aoe. with blood paint i dont even need a cleric. my aoe hits 3 times every 3 secs per mob. i average around 14k a mob normal hit per mob. my highest crit was 73k in vortex aoe. so if there like 20mobs an i hit at minimum 14k normal,26-73k crits an i have blood paint, yeah im not going to drop a hair of hp. mobs hit me around 130 damage. my blood paint suck is around 133-400 hp gain a mob :P but as far as the barb dieing , thats news to me, maybe seeker set up aoe to slow. bc i drop aoe soon as barb stop, he never get hits by mob, saves from squad whipouts when cleric slow or late stuns from bms,
  • ///TER - Dreamweaver7
    ///TER - Dreamweaver7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    isnt shapeshifting 60% extra def from gear while 30 def level 30% dmg reduction

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Anyone knowns what level of mana aura is needed in Delta to keep up with a lv.10 Vortex?

Image a maxed defense aura....sage Bloodpaint + 3 Seekers for full delta,just too sweet
    WTB>More Fash
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The def levels are enough to make me consider getting alpha male for my genie....

Go for it. I have it on mine. Keep in mind though that it only resets aggro back to you - people can still steal aggro right back.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cool pro def. and now the 79-100 and sage demon is out XD
    omg just thought
    max chi with coulserber on all sage versions
    sage spark-blade affinity-heartseeker-ion spike(should be marked by nnow)-gemini slash= one shot for just about anythingb:victory
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cool pro def. and now the 79-100 and sage demon is out XD
    omg just thought
    max chi with coulserber on all sage versions
    sage spark-blade affinity-heartseeker-ion spike(should be marked by nnow)-gemini slash= one shot for just about anythingb:victory

Thats not a one shot though >.>;

One shot = one hit, thats like... 4 hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Moroboshi - Raging Tide
    Moroboshi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Incorrect.
    30 def level only equals around a 30% def gain.
    The reason the seeker was able to tank so much better was they were zhenning and healing from bp off all those mobs at a very quick rate.

I'm not saying Seekers don't have amazing defense. They do. Just saying that no, 30 def level =/= shape shifting intensity.

don't think so, I was able to tank one Group of Physical Mobs, without any Buffs beside
    Adrenalin Numbness, and Cleric in FC when I was lvl 68.

I was killed from the first Boss that Time and took aggro on my way back.

And I'm fighting 3 or 4 of the Blood Sacrificers / Shamans at the same Time in the
    Public Quest
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    Zankanto - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Anyone knowns what level of mana aura is needed in Delta to keep up with a lv.10 Vortex?

Image a maxed defense aura....sage Bloodpaint + 3 Seekers for full delta,just too sweet

Ahem...

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1033/20110319012825.png
    With Barb, no BM or Sin.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1536/20110321010946.png
    No Barb, BM or Sin :D

Both succeeded on first attempt. This was before 79/100 and Sage/Demon skills too.

All you need is Seekers.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Edit: bah, i made a math mistake.
  • /Principle - Dreamweaver5
    /Principle - Dreamweaver5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Full rank 9 gives +30 def. Adrenal numbness gives +30 def. Full jades is 24 sockets of 2 def each, +48 def. Total of 108 def.

If attacker has 0 att levels, damage taken is 1/(.012*def level + 1) which is 43.6% damage taken; not sure where you're getting 1%.

That doesn't sound OP at all in PvE, especially against a boss where seeker has no where near 5.0 aps.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The main reason the Seeker was able to do that was because of your bloodpaint. The crazy output damage from vortex would have gave him a lot of....smexual healings ;D
    that and also usually the pple who die first take the first big load off you or leave the rest to die pretty fast so yeah... i would have at least some doubts about survival if it was seeker tanking from start to finish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    that and also usually the pple who die first take the first big load off you or leave the rest to die pretty fast so yeah... i would have at least some doubts about survival if it was seeker tanking from start to finish

Ive been main tanking pulls at 8x.... was a bit tough at first.. But with BP+crabs+TOP can handle the furst punch pretty well... And typically they die quick if the BM stuns+hf

Good way to set up in the big XP room, is duel somone and Vortex them..have them pulled to you..
  • Kyzuk - Sanctuary
    Kyzuk - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am a seeker and I think we seekers can be a barb's right hand. b:victoryb:laugh
  • beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    60% Phys Def for barbs transformation isn't comparable to 30 def because def is both phys and magical damage reduction.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Haha vristion, it would be like lambs to the slaughter!

And Kyzuk, don't you mean a barb's right....paw? xD
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    Another thing I did in the 8x is solo all the mobs in FC from opening to last shade before the first boss... about 5-8 mins of hyper = 15 to 20% (without the training scrolls)

Not alot, but considering time of sitting around waiting on a group the reward is efficient.

Heart shatter does work BTW... used on the shades... and made a 1.5k difs in damage..

Usually how I would start out is on a grp of mobs, I would use soulsever stance, use only AoEs until the stance proced, then gemini to get them the debufs, then I would pull them to the next group, and repeat, then pull another group or two to shade, at shade I would soulsever stance him and heartshatter, then vortex.. Usually by the time I got a group to shade, grp 1 is at like 20% health from the AoEs, grp 2 like 40% and so on till the shade part comes, they die off pretty quick..reduceing the inc damage.

Have holy path,cloud eruption... ToP...and windshield is on my genie.

Cleric buffed with BP, 79 skill, + crabs and mana food... do very well un-charmed.
  • Samsama - Harshlands
    Samsama - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Its the Aoe skill that makes seekers great pullers with bp. The mobs deal roughly almost the same damage as much as the seeker recieves from blood suck. 30 def lvl +15 if u have anni blessing is just for show.
    Im guessing a seeker with lvl 10 yataghan vortex could easily pull exp room and heal more then needed.If ur gona do pulls in exp room i suggest u cast holy path after u take aggro from the last group and cast the skill on the npc, before the mobs get to you. That stupid skill Glitches alotb:cry