Overpowered R8 & Overpriced Demon books

AsimM - Raging Tide
AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
So I came across a certain wizard that has the R8 magic sword for wizards, which is the Nature Talker (or something). I step out of Safe Zone...

He uses Sleep, and then uses Glacial Snare (which made no sense to me). It hits me for 4.9K. Great! Who would use Glacial Snare against another wizard? What are you trying to slow me down from getting to you? No! But it didn't matter because R8's overpowered!

Overpowered bots ftw right? I'm guessing the guy never really learned how to properly play wizard.

Story #2: So I'm just browsing though AH for a demon wizard book that I might like. Casual day on the job! So I see demon stone rain: 1.2mil. Really?

Next I see demon Force of Will, for 9mil! What is wrong with you people? Do you know how many demon wizards are on this server? About 3. Yeah. You should donate this to me if you happen to stumble across it! :D

P.S: Please do feel free to troll on this post. I do like my posts being on top being of a thousand replies saying how much I suck. b:kiss
"I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
Post edited by AsimM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So I came across a certain wizard that has the R8 magic sword for wizards, which is the Nature Talker (or something). I step out of Safe Zone...

He uses Sleep, and then uses Glacial Snare (which made no sense to me). It hits me for 4.9K. Great! Who would use Glacial Snare against another wizard? What are you trying to slow me down from getting to you? No! But it didn't matter because R8's overpowered!

Overpowered bots ftw right? I'm guessing the guy never really learned how to properly play wizard.

Be glad your not on a pvp server, everyone here has rank 8 or rank 9.

And what's wrong with Glacial Snare? As long as you didnt have Glacial Embrace buff on it's perfectly natural for another wizard to use that skill on you. What would you have done? Blade Tempest? Why waste 2 sparks when you know you can 1 shot with a 300% weapon damage skill that uses no chi? Or perhaps you would have gushed or pyrogramed if you were him.. again.. why cast 2 (or 3 skills if your charmed) when you can be 1shot by Glacial Snare?

You made the comment of the guy never learning how to play a wizard, I'd have to say your the one that doesn't know how to play one if you don't realize glacial snare isnt just for reducing the targets movement speed. It's one of a wizards 3 strongest nukes that don't consume chi. The rank 8 wizard was correct in his decision.

Now if he used Sandstorm I could see your point.. That is assuming that you would be smart enough to leave sz with earth barrier on. But seeing your view on glacial snare vs another wizard I cant really say you would be smart enough to do so.

To the point: all this thread is.. is a complaint that you aren't 100 and aren't able to use rank 8 yet. Its not that hard nowadays to get the coins needed for rank 8, it's stupidly cheap. Rank 8 isnt overpowered at all, mainly because everyone 100+ has it. Its pretty much then same thing saying a 99 wizard fighting a 98 wiz is OP if the 1st has the HH99 gold sword and the 98 is still using hh90 green. You are 95, you lost to a 10x, its not rocket science, he had the advantage.

edit#(lost count): Maybe you don't understand the reason he used glacial snare because you don't have the level 11 version of it. If I remember correctly lvl 10 dealt close to the same damage of lvl 11 gush when I was your level. Once you get lvl 11 it jumps up quite noticeably. (IMO)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sage Glacial snare debufs the target's water defence by 20% just before it hits (AND hit harder than ANY single target skill you have), dropping your suber duber AA magic defence to a LA level.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me, is why he didn't FoW -> undine ->sleep -> 1shot you with GS.
    But I gues if he knew just GS is enough, it does make sense. Though he could still have used FoW than, and not waste is 2min cooldown.

Now on not knowing how to play a wizzy:
    I have sage BIDS. Does it mean I'm stupid for 1shotting an arcane with sage BIDS instead of trying it with my lvl 10 Blade Tempest?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would have used undine then FoW then GS and if that just ticked you, gush+pyro to finish. Normally against another wiz, I would probably start out with a poke skill to gauge their HP and if they almost tick with a gush, then I'd finish them with GS or something. Who knows? I don't rmr.

Either way, GS is the strongest hitting non-chi skill on another wiz (who isn't fail at their class).
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would have used [crit buff] demon spark and lvl10 Crown of Flame

it always crits b:dirty
    i like potato
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would have used [crit buff] demon spark and lvl10 Crown of Flame

it always crits b:dirty

I always crit on undine XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I crit on Morning Dew.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:cryMy gush always crit
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    I would have used undine then FoW then GS and if that just ticked you, gush+pyro to finish. Normally against another wiz, I would probably start out with a poke skill to gauge their HP and if they almost tick with a gush, then I'd finish them with GS or something. Who knows? I don't rmr.

Either way, GS is the strongest hitting non-chi skill on another wiz (who isn't fail at their class).

I would normally agree with you.

Then I looked at Demon Sandstorm.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Be glad your not on a pvp server, everyone here has rank 8 or rank 9.

And what's wrong with Glacial Snare? As long as you didnt have Glacial Embrace buff on it's perfectly natural for another wizard to use that skill on you. What would you have done? Blade Tempest? Why waste 2 sparks when you know you can 1 shot with a 300% weapon damage skill that uses no chi? Or perhaps you would have gushed or pyrogramed if you were him.. again.. why cast 2 (or 3 skills if your charmed) when you can be 1shot by Glacial Snare?

You made the comment of the guy never learning how to play a wizard, I'd have to say your the one that doesn't know how to play one if you don't realize glacial snare isnt just for reducing the targets movement speed. It's one of a wizards 3 strongest nukes that don't consume chi. The rank 8 wizard was correct in his decision.

Now if he used Sandstorm I could see your point.. That is assuming that you would be smart enough to leave sz with earth barrier on. But seeing your view on glacial snare vs another wizard I cant really say you would be smart enough to do so.

To the point: all this thread is.. is a complaint that you aren't 100 and aren't able to use rank 8 yet. Its not that hard nowadays to get the coins needed for rank 8, it's stupidly cheap. Rank 8 isnt overpowered at all, mainly because everyone 100+ has it. Its pretty much then same thing saying a 99 wizard fighting a 98 wiz is OP if the 1st has the HH99 gold sword and the 98 is still using hh90 green. You are 95, you lost to a 10x, its not rocket science, he had the advantage.

edit#(lost count): Maybe you don't understand the reason he used glacial snare because you don't have the level 11 version of it. If I remember correctly lvl 10 dealt close to the same damage of lvl 11 gush when I was your level. Once you get lvl 11 it jumps up quite noticeably. (IMO)

I do understand that Lvl 11 GS jumps significantly. I fully expected to also loose to the 10x wizard. The only thing I didn't expect was the GS.

You should also understand that I'm a demon wizard. Demon Sandstorm also jumps significantly further than GS because of the upgrade to the damage, AND the extra 1200 damage tacked onto it.

Also, it's not a complaint that I'm not a 10x, and can't use R8. If I could do so, I'm saying that I would've done something different.

- Drew Flowers
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I do understand that Lvl 11 GS jumps significantly. I fully expected to also loose to the 10x wizard. The only thing I didn't expect was the GS.

You should also understand that I'm a demon wiz ard. Demon Sandstorm also jumps significantly further than GS because of the upgrade to the damage, AND the extra 1200 damage tacked onto it.

Also, it's not a complaint that I'm not a 10x, and can't use R8. If I could do so, I'm saying that I would've done something different.

Did you know that wizards use this skill call stone barrier? Stone barrier increases pdef and earth def by 100% at level 10. Did you also know that sandstorm is a earth damage spell? Earth damage spells damage gets reduced based off the opponents earth defense. Do I need to spell it out more?
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You should also understand that I'm a demon wizard. Demon Sandstorm also jumps significantly further than GS because of the upgrade to the damage, AND the extra 1200 damage tacked onto it.

1200 base damage is really not much after all the reductions.. 75% pvp reduction, resists, def level, etc all REALLY lower that number. You should also keep in mind that our earth barrier not only increases pdef by 100% (more if lvl 11), but also earth.. so wizards usually have far more earth resists than the other resists. You do less damage to another wizard with earth skills (if they have earth barrier on.. which they should..) than fire or water.. so unless the earth skill has an important effect (like MS for example) it would be pretty **** to go for a hard hitting earth skill when a nearly equivalent fire/water would end up doing more damage.

edit: fu miz.. fkn ninja >:(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    1200 base damage is really not much after all the reductions.. 75% pvp reduction, resists, def level, etc all REALLY lower that number. You should also keep in mind that our earth barrier not only increases pdef by 100% (more if lvl 11), but also earth.. so wizards usually have far more earth resists than the other resists. You do less damage to another wizard with earth skills (if they have earth barrier on.. which they should..) than fire or water.. so unless the earth skill has an important effect (like MS for example) it would be pretty **** to go for a hard hitting earth skill when a nearly equivalent fire/water would end up doing more damage.

edit: fu miz.. fkn ninja >:(

See ya in South Arch. <3
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    See ya in South Arch. <3

oh shnaps.. u rerolled LC? And who told u who my alt was! :o (not that its really a secret.. lol)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    oh shnaps.. u rerolled LC? And who told u who my alt was! :o (not that its really a secret.. lol)

b:surrenderOld News is Old.

I Pmed you yesterday and like 2 months before that rofl.

or was that Amour....
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    b:surrenderOld News is Old.

I Pmed you yesterday and like 2 months before that rofl.

or was that Amour....

wdf.. whats ur char name? :o
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    wdf.. whats ur char name? :o

MizuKinezumi is my psychic I'm playing :o
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i crit many times with sage glacial snare. the normal hp for a wiz lv100 with gear +5 is around 4.5-5k hp ! are easy to kill with glacial snare from r8 weapon that is better than tt99/lunar or any other wep. glacial snare also gives a little more damage than the lv10 one...
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Not like you change factions every other day on it and it shows up on my coreconnect.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    i crit many times with sage glacial snare. the normal hp for a wiz lv100 with gear +5 is around 4.5-5k hp ! are easy to kill with glacial snare from r8 weapon that is better than tt99/lunar or any other wep. glacial snare also gives a little more damage than the lv10 one...

So if 4.5k-5k is normal than my 5.3k unbuffed is above average b:shocked
    b:surrenderit still feels squishy a bit though...

• Womantastic - Raging Tide
    Womantastic - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i one shot u with sandstorm, gs, and perhaps lvl 1 thunderball, u hav 0 hp and im a r2 cleric....though i hav a wiz too
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    i one shot u with sandstorm, gs, and perhaps lvl 1 thunderball, u hav 0 hp and im a r2 cleric....though i hav a wiz too

sammich. i want one :)
This discussion has been closed.