Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Rhyme. I friggin love you.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.
    im actually quite fine with this only if the future medal sales are SAME PRICE as the previous boutique sales. i think thats fair enough. Wouldnt hurt to go cheaper tho ;D
    2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)
    packrat ftw! yay
    altho with all the points from selling chests, sadly there isnt much items of use atm if main attractions like medals are taken out =/

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...
    you try farm 100,000 coins and trade it in for a meager 150 pt and see how you feel >_>;;; this cannot be expressed in words, it must be experienced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Torzuk - Lost City
    Torzuk - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    totally brainless pwi. this only way non cser farm r9 stuff.

even if ppl sell the medals tradable it doesnt change anything!!!
    the dq can be bought anyway so that doesnt change anything omg.

if u want to change smething, change the bug that allows it to be tradable, your most probably so lazy u just take it off so its easier.

**** hell get your **** together totally unacceptable.

What he said! it honestly leaves a lot to be desired by devs, that hey cant fix a simple problem like that and instead they remove the only way people had to farm AT LEAST one of the mats required for R9, and Medals of Honor went from 5M to 25M...WAY TO GO! game is broken in so many ways...sad really
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011

you try farm 100,000 coins and trade it in for a meager 150 pt and see how you feel >_>;;; this cannot be expressed in words, it must be experienced.

You mean players can't spawn money, too?b:shutup
  • Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TBH your excuses really sux. U take it away cause they used a exploit to make them tradeable?

So whats the diffrent to buy DQ-Items or buy the Medal right away.

U are talking with devs to put in a new way to get them, but the same devs who can put in a whole new way to get these medals arent able to fix a simple exploit?

Do u think PWI-Players are complete mental handicapped??

At least have so much *** in ur pants to say that u want more $ for this medals so the "new way to get it" is in the Cashshop.

...and yes im a kind of pissed, but not that u take the medals away, more that u really think players have no brain at all
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only reason why they didn't fix the exploit was because that is not the problem. There IS not exploit.

DQ's could be sold by those of us with only like 20 bucks a month to spend on this game for around 8-10k. That was unacceptable so they got rid of the only reason dq's were worth money.

People only paid 8-10k for dq points cuz they were saving up for rank9. Now the value of dq's will go back down to face value so there is no way to make extra coins off them.

THAT IS THE REAL REASON.

Bug my as.s

Pathetic drops and now DQ's worth nothing and nothing to do in the game no more is fail.
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got my Final part of R9 (wep) two days ago. Damn lucky for me.

What I am most concerned about is the people that figured out how to make these items tradeable. What is being done to fine these players and ban them?

Yes something needed to be done. Yes they should be removed but I think eventually they should go back in once it is fixed.

The problem I see now is SOOOO many players selling MOG, bit stacks of them for crazy prices. 30 medals.. really??? why would you have 30 tradeable medals? How would you even get that many. Obviuosly by using this exploit. Instead of being punished these people that used the exploit are now getting a massive payday cause the price of MOG just went from 8-10m to 40 ro 50m.

Crazyness, reward the cheaters again..

qft

ofc they cant punish the few people who exploited it. that would require actual effort. much better to just punish the entire population of which 99% did not exploit anything. same thing they did with every other glitch in this game. so now DQ is worthless again. who cares about 500 DQ from chest of coin. how many make overs can you do anyway :S just further down the fail road of killing this game so PWE can suck players dry. expect to see medals in cash shop soon.b:victory
  • Rakuma - Lost City
    Rakuma - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I never been so mad.. I farmed cs some saved and saved..... Save DQ pts and now i cant get rank 9 if 350m wasnt enough now i have to get 5 medals for weapon at 25 gold per. Yes a warning would of atleast been nice. I had the appropriate DQ pts and all. Honestly if not fixed enjoy losing a player.
  • BloodIetter - Archosaur
    BloodIetter - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yay, because you guys are too stupid and can't learn to fix bugs/prevent them from happening in the first place, the members of PWI need to suffer :D

+1
    and then ppl wonder why I spend way less money on this game ... they dont deserve it
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Seriously *** you pwi, this hurts the people who didnt feel like charging 500 dollars to get r9, all your doing is hurting yourselfs, oh wait your gonna *** over your customers once again and put a damn sale on them to boost your own god damn wallets.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

1. Right, right. Because clearly the fact that DQ themselves are able to be traded wasn't taken into consideration. Seriously...do people in the higher ranks of your company think at ALL?

Besides, it's not like that inspiring DQ trade is such a bad thing in the first place...seeing as it inspires those that don't have the ability to 5APS everything (or leech off of 5APS) forever to get off their asses and grind out DQ for coin. They could then sell those DQ to those that need them for good profit, and thus the economy starts to feel a bit more 'balanced'.

...Granted, you can still make money, but it's just that much harder for hard working po' folk when it didn't need to be. =/

2. Oh that's awesome! Exceeeeeeeept now there's little need for DQ points in the first place aside from basic frivolities.

3. ...Further proof that the development team doesn't have a clue. Seriously? 150 points for 100k? What IDIOT is going to pay that when they can just go out and grind a few DQ items to make both money and points at the same time? >________________________>

TL;DR version - I feel sorry for you Frankie. You work for @#$%ing morons. D=
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TBH your excuses really sux. U take it away cause they used a exploit to make them tradeable?

So whats the diffrent to buy DQ-Items or buy the Medal right away.

U are talking with devs to put in a new way to get them, but the same devs who can put in a whole new way to get these medals arent able to fix a simple exploit?

Do u think PWI-Players are complete mental handicapped??

At least have so much *** in ur pants to say that u want more $ for this medals so the "new way to get it" is in the Cashshop.

...and yes im a kind of pissed, but not that u take the medals away, more that u really think players have no brain at all

at the rate of people not being able to tell the difference of selling for 500 dq points instead of buying them for 500 points im beginning to feel this way not to mention the 100's of people who think your just buying 150 dq points, whereas you are actually buying a pack and while buying that pack your getting 150 dq points along with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    grats to all those who got r9 seems only the super rich will now get it lol....
    i say again make rank 10 for lvl 105 players to make rank 9 look chit...yes im 105
  • yakko
    yakko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First off WTF.

I too have been saving for R9 I hadn't bothered to get my medals because I don't have the tokens yet.

Just make all metals none tradable problem fixed.

They better bring them back when there fixed. b:angry
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wow you failed here franky lol

So what if medal of glory was tradeable? Players could still sell the DQ mats for double or tripple price. Means even if your system worked fine with untradeable medal of glory, ppl would still buy/trade it due DQ mats.
    This change is only profitable for your cash shop, nothing else.
    b:bye
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
    edited April 2011
    at the rate of people not being able to tell the difference of selling for 500 dq points instead of buying them for 500 points im beginning to feel this way not to mention the 100's of people who think your just buying 150 dq points, whereas you are actually buying a pack and while buying that pack your getting 150 dq points along with it.

But what are you getting in that pack alongside the points? More stale Halloween candy? b:laugh

...Of course if there's a chance for level 25/30 Jiaozi/Yuanxiao, then there may be potential there. b:dirty
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    But what are you getting in that pack alongside the points? More stale Halloween candy? b:laugh

...Of course if there's a chance for level 25/30 Jiaozi/Yuanxiao, then there may be potential there. b:dirty

they had mounts in the packs too last year. land mounts and flying. gotta love those things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Frankie the Chest of Coins when npced are not showing up on the DQ page its been over 2 hours since Namari Npced one. can you please look into this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited April 2011
    True enough. But to be fair I don't care as much about flyers and mounts as I do about cheap lowbie MP dammit. DX

*Insert selfish tantrums here*

...Then again I still have about 24 thousand Sesames to burn through...

*Looks at cheapie EG quest flyer*

...Yeah I totally have my priorities straight. b:shutup
  • DingoAIDS - Lost City
    DingoAIDS - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mine as well take away the do-all cards to you can do the same thing. But guess your too greedy to lose some money when you put medals of glory in your catshop. Thx pwi all you care about is your wallet not customer satisfaction.
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    HEY! how about, instead of taking and adding **** to the dq thing. MAKE IT TO WHERE IT WILL SEND YOUR ****.

hehe i just sent it useing my moms computer XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nobody wants the **** in the DQ rewards now.. take it down and put dq's back to original prices eh?

how bout just take dq's out of the game the just clutter stuff up and you can't get enough of them to be usefull now ne way
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Take mysterious chips to, people are using them to make dice tickets and selling those for profit, oh noes
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I personally have been saving points SPECIFICALLY for the medals, but couldn't decide if I wanted to rank my mystic or seeker, and since they SAID they weren't transferrable, I was afraid to use them, and am now getting screwed by having a crapload of dq points that are TOTALLY USELESS.

So fine...I can't get my medals, so can I get chips to get my tokens??? NO!!!!!

The scale of value for other items in dq points is so out of scale that they are beyond useless. If they were AT LEAST in some kind of reasonable proportion to the mysterious chips needed for the rank 9, so at least THAT part of rank 9 could be earned through dq, it would be different, but 100 dq points for ONE chip??? And now we can spend 100,000 coins to buy 150 dq points? At that cost, ONE mysterious chip costs...um...66K???

Consider that you need 32 of the tokens JUST for your ring, each of which takes 9999 chips....
    If you are going to BUY your tokens for rank with in game coin by buying dq points, then that's 32 x 9999 x 66K = 2,109,888,000. Wow...who's ready to shake their moneymaker???

If you are going to FARM for your dqs, then farm the 35 points dqs.
    32 tokens x 9999 chips x 3=959,904 dqs each JUST for your ring???

Is this REALLY a reasonable exchange rate? At TEN dq points per chip...maybe.

No matter HOW you look at it, this is another way of making it impossible to not cash shop, or at least SUPPLEMENT cash shop.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well, so much for being happy about getting the first medal i needed from dq farming earlier today. Oh well, no way in hell i'm spending any rl money to get them from cash shop, so not like pw is magically making money off me with this. I'm sure they'll try to take advantage of it, but meh.

How many times can i throw a medal of glory at people before it breaks? -has a lot of free time i don't need to spend dq farming now and an untradeable medal-
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2011

First, I know for a fact you guys can find out who **** the game in order to turn untradable items into tradeable. You guys could easily ban those players or punish them instead of taking the medals out of the DQ reward list. I know dozens of people who are going r9 and the only way they were going to get those was through the DQ point system. Now they have to farm millions of coins to pay for them AND find someone who is selling them.

As for the Chest of coins... Are you ****ing serious? You knkow for a fact NO ONE is going to buy them. THe only way someone would EVER buy them is if the economy on here was suddently fixed and brought back to its original market value. But because 99% of the players on this game are extremely greedy that will never happen. Instead of putting useless items on the DQ rewards put ones that we will actually use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolverk
    bolverk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol the best that came out of this **** is that you guys (PW staff) actually made those who abused the bug very rich cause they now selling the medals for 4-5X the price they were few hours ago.. **** and abusing exploits surely pays off.

**** those who obey the rules.. way to go.. cant expect less from you
  • spikeundead12
    spikeundead12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Great I've been saving my DQ points so I could get the stuff for rank 9 guess it's pointless now b:angry
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    First, I know for a fact you guys can find out who **** the game in order to turn untradable items into tradeable. You guys could easily ban those players or punish them instead of taking the medals out of the DQ reward list. I know dozens of people who are going r9 and the only way they were going to get those was through the DQ point system. Now they have to farm millions of coins to pay for them AND find someone who is selling them.

As for the Chest of coins... Are you ****ing serious? You knkow for a fact NO ONE is going to buy them. THe only way someone would EVER buy them is if the economy on here was suddently fixed and brought back to its original market value. But because 99% of the players on this game are extremely greedy that will never happen. Instead of putting useless items on the DQ rewards put ones that we will actually use.

ugh can you read? IT SAYS THEY NPC FOR 500 DQ POINTS NOT BUY THEM FOR 500 LEARN TO READ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    um jolly dq points are going to be around 660ish coins per 1 dq point

straight up buying 13k 91 items from a catshop will be about 250-400 coin per 1 dq point

sry jolly dq still stinks vs farming the money OR just buying them from some catshop is even cheaper lmao
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
This discussion has been closed.