Cleric vs Wizard self buffs in pk

Harrydresden - Raging Tide
Harrydresden - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Cleric
So I was having many debates with various faction mates about a wizard vs a cleric 1v1 in open pk and who has the 'edge' under self buffs only.

Now I am a 101 sage wiz n 101 demon cleric with acc stashed gear (g15 wep +10, tt/lunar nirv armour etc etc)

Wiz is 6.4k hp n 6.2k pdef 10+k mag def 14.6-16.4k mag attack self buffed (dex genie with spark BoC, EP, fortify expel, and holy path)

Cleric is 7.6k hp n 5.4k pdef and 14k mag def self 16.4-18.5k mag attack (demon spirit gifted) self buffed (str genie with occ ice, ToP, holy path, EP, fortify, and expel)

I pk on both regularly and both are fun to use and have natural str n weakness vs other classes and it is my belief that under self buffs appoc charmed etc a wiz has a slight upper hand in 1v1 pk vs a cleric (with full buffs wiz >> cleric)

I feel this way for several reasons, one is that vs r8+10 Op geared ppl on my cleric, i hav a very very hard time killing a wiz due to silent seal being obsolete, occ ice range issues, wiz range > cleric range and clerics lack a sutra or 0s channel spell or as powerful a debuff as undine (clerics hav to spend time puri their debuff or we get *****)

Also, the only way to beat sutra as a cleric is to genie AD or sleep or Guardian light and sutra cs = 2min, GL = 3 mins and AD is 3 mins, so im SoL there wings of prot will save 1 spell of the 4 chain sutra which is always accompanied by spark n undine + maybe EP, also when a wiz sutras they gain back like 50+ chi and can sleep BT right after (or +50 chi and elemental shell for 15 more chi)

Also vs wizards who aint 1shot cs r8 with no armour, phys attacks r pointless due to pdef and wieled thunder is 200% wep dmg, n much less extra dmg added (though metal debuff is nice is demon) compared to sage sandstorm (300% wep dmg n like +5.6k dmg or so) or divine pyro (another 300% wep dmg) under sutra

Also wiz has BT which is 2x base dmg (which is a lot if u hav my wep) n total 400% wep dmg +~12k while demon tempest is 400% + base + 14k so cleric aoe 2spark wont do nearly as much dmg (though a cleric can eat a phys def charm to help alleviate the dmg, but still its alot) though sage bids can b used for crit but i tend to use BT for the raw dmg instead of gambling on 50% chance to 46% crit so thats like 25% chance to crit only and less dmg if no crit

In general, I need a lucky crit or catchin the wiz not eating crab meat n sleep at 60% hp n tempest through charm and imo demon sparking with my cleric is just pointless as a wiz can DS away n kite till it runs out n then i dun hav chi to tempest or GL or WoP, naturally i burn the wiz chi but still hard as a wiz can chi quite quickly

A cleric can at most stack 35% mag debuff, 30% metal debuff and +20% EP but then if no tempest, only cyclone can b used as wield thunder is in cd compared to a wiz undine of 60% and genie spell spark which will bring my fire def down to maybe 4k? idk but its very low

Im jus wondering what all u pro pk wizards think and if u agree that a wiz > cleric 1v1 pk

=)
Post edited by Harrydresden - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Womantastic - Raging Tide
    Womantastic - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^ should hav posted with this avatar -_-
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    In the scenario you set up I'd give edge to the wizard, even if its only slightly. And that is largely taking into consideration the scenario. because dependent on what exactly is going on (gears, weap, builds, charms, apoth, who hits first, genie) can easily sway a self buffed 1 vs. 1 between the 2 classes. Which may be why you can find multiple ppl willing to argue it.