Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTB> Real GM response, and not 4-5 people talking about it around the water cooler.

frankie has responded like 5 times. Lrn2Read thread
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    .......... Adding 75+ mil to my R9 cost per piece is not cool, PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZilCaVanz - Lost City
    ZilCaVanz - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    totally brainless pwi. this only way non cser farm r9 stuff.

even if ppl sell the medals tradable it doesnt change anything!!!
    the dq can be bought anyway so that doesnt hcange anything omg.

if u want to change smething, change the bug that allows it to be tradable, your most probably so lazy u just take it off so its easier.

**** hell get your **** together totally unacceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011

if u want to change smething, change the bug that allows it to be tradable, your most probably so lazy u just take it off so its easier.

^^^^^^
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As state a crapload of times, just fix the coding on those medals.

This honestly just makes your image as a game go down further.

As for those exploiting, how about you just get them banned?

I know I say "gl" in a post earlier, but DQ rewards is something you guys have, not PW-CN.

anyways...inb4ranksale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Graystone - Lost City
    Graystone - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011

what she said ^ dq can be bought n get medal anyway, whats the ****ing difference
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    frankie has responded like 5 times. Lrn2Read thread

Simply quoting easy questions to answer is not much of a reply. ijs.
    fail troll attempt.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    after reading all posts all are saying the same thing and i agree 100% expect for the nubs who still think u get chest for dq points rather than u sell chests to get points.
    I too bought a load of dq point to get 5 medal and if players was selling them they would be the same price as the dq point it takes to get one yourself so they HAD to buy or farm the dq to get them so its more or less the same thing as getting them yourself.
    YES PWI is taking the easy route take the medals out and lets sell them in boutique and make money this is what they always do.
    There is on the DQ page a history button you could have looked at who bought a chit load of medals and either banned them or done something to them bring out rank 10 for lvl 105 only so i can get rank 10 instead of rank9
  • _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Simply quoting easy questions to answer is not much of a reply. ijs.
    fail troll attempt.

+1 to BLcKLiGhT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lance55
    lance55 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    put them back
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

So basically you have added new ways to get DQ points but removed the only reason to get them in the first place ?

How about adding new ways to get DQ points and ADDING rather than removing the amount of items you can get .

AS for the fix ? Pretty much all its fixed is the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squeakster
    squeakster Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

We all saw how fast PWI fixed the Jone's Blessings glitch not too long ago, why could they not fix this?

b:angry
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lol i had at last 65 chests of coins in my bank. knowing that one day they would be worth something. u could ask anyone i know. everyone laughed at me about it.... now.. they... are...all...gone....b:cryb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011

1: Medal of Glory removed

b:angryb:... Now I have to buy them more expensive from cash shop b:angry
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    lance55 wrote: »
    put them back

Your elaborate response has moved me. You have such a way with words. You should be nominated for post of the year.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your elaborate response has moved me. You have such a way with words. You should be nominated for post of the year.

I <3 you Rhyme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You stated that your in talks w/ Devs, but the last time you we're in talks w/ Devs regarding DQ compensation, it took 6-8 months.

It took so long because the developers have nothing to do with our compensation at all. The facebook thingy, dragon points, core connect... These are things made by PWE, not PW-Beijing. These extras aren't even part of the game. Despite being buggy at best, the way it uses the game's database is quite brilliant.

Also, it smells like rank sale coming soon on Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • talyho
    talyho Posts: 2
    edited April 2011

yea pwi look ^
  • Agtiger - Lost City
    Agtiger - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    talyho wrote: »
    yea pwi look ^

omg take the prob out, not add another prob pwi!!! so lazy omg go get another job if your not keen with this one.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    GMs really have a way of turning me on with all these business schemes. Seriously PWI Business XXX anyone b:pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    omg take the prob out, not add another prob pwi!!! so lazy omg go get another job if your not keen with this one.

Why in God's great name did you quote that guys post?
  • agtiger
    agtiger Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    totally Brainless Pwi. This Only Way Non Cser Farm R9 Stuff.

Even If Ppl Sell The Medals Tradable It Doesnt Change Anything!!!
    The Dq Can Be Bought Anyway So That Doesnt Hcange Anything Omg.

If U Want To Change Smething, Change The Bug That Allows It To Be Tradable, Your Most Probably So Lazy U Just Take It Off So Its Easier.

**** Hell Get Your **** Together Totally Unacceptable.

Gm Read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I guess TT/HH farming will be back in action in order to farm $$ for Gold for Medals...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Something WAS added, chest of coins gives you 500 reward points.....

Hai der, Mr caps lock, I know about the chest of coins being added:
    at least have something added as a reward from the DQ points

I hope you can read that and hopefully understand, have a nice day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • fataldevastation
    fataldevastation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wow i farm DQ points and as i get enough for 3 medals they go bye bye. Chest o coin .... how useless ... how bout u make em open w/o a hammer to compensate for the royal **** we just got. Seems this game just got way more $ greedy want all to dip into that wallet to get r9 or anything in that matter.... so much for mild or non cash shoppers. Oh that rubber-band glitch is sill in effect so i assume there is no hopes for the bug for medals will be fixed and returned to previous.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why in God's great name did you quote that guys post?

It's probably his alt(s) trying to bump his main's post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    I guess TT/HH farming will be back in action in order to farm $$ for Gold for Medals...b:chuckle

Didn't you like... quit the forums, man?

Fight the power!
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    get ur **** together PW
    DQ points can be bought so i really dun see the point of getting medals out of DQ reward system..... OH WAIT! it's cuz we gettin rank sale soon b:pleased (aka todays mait)
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You can see here on the DQ Rewards page, in the new Quest tab, it's going to be 100,000 coins for 150 DQ points.

On behalf of all the zen buyers we thank you for giving us a reason NOT to spend $1500 on chip packs now even if we were almost done getting our medals of glory with DQ points. Happy loss in sales. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So let's frame the problem:

The reason that Medals of Glory can be exploited are because the untradeable medals and the tradeable medals are really both the same thing in the item database hence they can stack. PWI would need to create an entirely new item (like they did in the case of p.stones) so that only untradeable medals could stack with untradeable ones and tradeable with tradeable.

Seeing as the only thing PWI modifies are the translations, the boutique, and the external stuff (Jones, Anniversary gifts, DQ rewards), I highly doubt they will fix this problem. The best thing they can come to anything close to a fix is offering Medals of Glory in the boutique for 50-66% off their original price of 25g.
This discussion has been closed.