Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    soz now no new r9 is gonna come around since medals are in cs for 25gold each during sales. DQ is how non cs players used to make money for gear etc. i personally farmed 300+ dq a day to sell for 400coina point, thats how i got all my gear. now that medals out of dq rewards prices will drop and there goes free players way of farming.

i bet u by tomorow morning u just lost a ****load of players. and when u realize this ull retract ur statement and say o this wasnt causing economy problems. - Reminds me of tw reward changing
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im now glad i saved that stack of 67 chest of coin i got found the the ground in arch a year ago
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    excuse me, the medals of glory were the main reason which made dq items worth something. worth of selling them to other players.

they directly helped the traditional grinders to be more part of the game economy. not to be totally poor compared to the heavy cashshopers, hardcore farmers and merchants.

dq prices will drop and not worth anymore to be sold to players. they probably will again disapear from the inter player market exchange.

beside that the medals will most likely be seen in the cash shop very soon, the deflation of dq items is a big loss for the non cash playing grinders. those the company wanted to compensate for the lowered npc value of dq items.
    its a shift towards cash gamers away from f2p people. away from an economical interaction of those two sides.

glitch or not glitch. people bought dq items from other players to get the medals.
    honestly the exploit never really mattered in any way. it probably brought the dq and medal prices more to a real market equilibrium and to an efficiant distribution of goods because it made merchants to participate in that market who, you could say, did the math for the medal buyers and delivered the ready product directly instead of hundreds of single pieces of dq items with hundreds of different prices and different quantities.

and lol, i doubt it would have been hard to change the item scripts to prevent them from stacking.

with removing the medals from the dq reward list you removed an intersting feature from the game economy.

it really does not matter if you implement a new way to get medals. you took something away from the little players.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How will we get Medals for Rank 9 now?

The propper way...

Cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If medals weren't meant to be traded... Why not make ALL DQ drops untradable... Most don't farm it anyways! They set up shops and buy their points.. Why not let people sell the medals? Think about your system before trying to "fix" it in a fail way..
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    An easy fix for medals is to make a new item. Give General Summer new rank 9 quests/trade-in that accepts the new item instead of medals. This way their are two ways to get rank 9 gears.

The jones dq quest doesn't even make sense. It would cost 50k coin at most to get 150 points, and that's already a rip off. But you also get some of the coin back once you vendor the dq items you just bought. You might as well not implement this and save yourselves the hassle of removing it later.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

While I agree that something needed to be done w/ the exploit, this wasn't needed. Metal of Glory's as you know are now only obtainable from the player market (1 per week to a random faction that holds a land). People had been farming DQ for these for how long? You probably just made quite a bit of people in the community upset, and rightfully. Why is your team unable to fix a server-side web-based exploit? That's what the DQ-rewards system is. Morons, I swear. You stated that your in talks w/ Devs, but the last time you we're in talks w/ Devs regarding DQ compensation, it took 6-8 months.

The second thing (Chest of coins), will never be valuable until you remove every sale for months and Gold drops to 300-400k per at the very least.

The third thing (Coins for DQ points), isn't worth it. Clearly an attempt @ a coin sink, and as all previous coin sink attempts have been, this one is the same. "Let's spend in-game coin for DQ points, so we can get dyes for our fash and do-all cards!!!"

Overall: A nice punch in the face to the hard working PWI players. What's new?
  • Solara_craft - Heavens Tear
    Solara_craft - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    agree With Evanera.

Rather Than Fixing A Bug, You Just Get Rid Of The Item. I Wanted Rank 9 And I Wanted To Get It With Farming.

No Doubt It Will End Up Back In The Cash Shop.

At Least Confirm Once The Bug Is Sorted They Will Be Put Back In Again
    +10000
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/SolGDArch.png[/SIGPIC]
    Alt's:
    Disarmonia_X - 101 Cleric
    Shadows_Muse - 100 Wiz; Ω
    b:heartAneurysmal/MetalPenguinb:dirty
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't think the devs realize that all this "fix" does is reward the people who have already been "exploiting" it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Franky thats messed up. I had just enough to get my second medal for my r9 pants.. IU bought the dq items and now I cant get my last medal. WTF bull ****
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    these ******* obviosly on something when they make decisions. 100k for 150 points that u cud get for 40-50k lawl fking dumasfk pwi company
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    Sympsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for taking one of the few reasons to farm DQ points off the rewards page. Is this going to be readded after fixing whatever made them tradeable or are you guys just going to expect everyone to cash shop them?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTF. No seriously, WTF.

Easiest ****ing fix: make medals of glory unstackable. You prevent everything this way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    An easy fix for medals is to make a new item. Give General Summer new rank 9 quests/trade-in that accepts the new item instead of medals. This way their are two ways to get rank 9 gears.

The jones dq quest doesn't even make sense. It would cost 50k coin at most to get 150 points, and that's already a rip off. But you also get some of the coin back once you vendor the dq items you just bought. You might as well not implement this and save yourselves the hassle of removing it later.

^ bingo, but they're too..... nvm i say that i'll get banned on here. LEt's just say they make the HEllo Kitty people look like rocket scientists right now......
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    WTF. No seriously, WTF.

Easiest ****ing fix: make medals of glory unstackable. You prevent everything this way.

this person just fixed ur problem. u guys didnt think too hard when doing this
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what exactly is the difference between selling 20k in dq points and selling medals?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tude
    tude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is really ****. How come you guys think of so many ways to block "in game economics" instead of thinking a way to fix the bug that makes medals tradeable? I just spent a lot of time and money farming and buying DQ items for my next pieces of R9 gear and now I'm supposed to do WAHT with them? Buy chests of coins? I'm sorely dissapointed at the lack of community support and disregard to what people want in this game.
  • michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Taking out medal of glory from dq rewards is just plain stupid. This is hurting people more than those who learned to make them tradeable. Wtf is the difference between people buying the actual medals or buying the dq points. Now the people who took time to farm their own dq points are unable to get medals. Such a sad excuse to get more money out of us by putting the medals in the boutique. FYI this update will influence the economy so saying this was done to minimize that influence is a load of ****.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's no surprise on what is going on here, again, **** the free to play players straight up there own *** immensely, I think people really only bought DQ points for the sake of the R9 anyway, can't see much of any other reason, apart from people daft enough to buy the demon/sage ticket.

Quite ironic of PWI though, "oh noes, the F2P players have found a way to make monehz!? quick lets kill it off!!!", so basically I'm going to be back to nada for money making like a lot of others, attempting to bust there balls for the sake of a few coin which won't really buy them **** all, I was actually enjoying PWI again because of this DQ merchanting stuff, now if players don't have any more incentive to buy DQ points then I don't see any more point.

P.S, if frankie is going to write "added" into this thread title, at least have something added as a reward from the DQ points, as atm its just a laughable *reward* system without R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Every change to the game just proves that the GMs have no idea how this game works....
  • DarkLizzy - Heavens Tear
    DarkLizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    nanii....100k coins for 150 dq pints?? lol ill rather farm them. What am i going to do with my dq points now?? random dyes???? was farming hours to get dq points for medals and now theya re gone =.=

b:cryb:surrender
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's no surprise on what is going on here, again, **** the free to play players straight up there own *** immensely, I think people really only bought DQ points for the sake of the R9 anyway, can't see much of any other reason, apart from people daft enough to buy the demon/sage ticket.

Quite ironic of PWI though, "oh noes, the F2P players have found a way to make monehz!? quick lets kill it off!!!", so basically I'm going to be back to nada for money making like a lot of others, attempting to bust there balls for the sake of a few coin which won't really buy them **** all, I was actually enjoying PWI again because of this DQ merchanting stuff, now if players don't have any more incentive to buy DQ points then I don't see any more point.

i think your siggy is asking you a question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree, It isn't that hard to change 1 item profile and make it like only Untradeable. Should be able to still get with DQ points, just fix the Glitchy thing. ;)
  • _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was well on my way to rank 9. I had already gotten 3 medals farmed and was working on my fourth. After receiving those I was going to wait for the next rep sale and buy my general's summers tokens (with chip packs obviously) with gold and then i would have my rank 9... Sadly That has been taken away from me now so no point in charging gold right? I refuse to pay 25 gold for a medal of glory. It is over-priced. I have never heard of this way of making the glories able to be traded. I assume these "trading" glories are not left over from the last sale? Well of course not you guys would have looked into that already. Regardless until I have a reasonable way to obtain the materials for my rank 9 my gold buying is halted. b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Suggestion for more DQ points: Make each step of a DQ chain give a few DQ points, then a larger number for completing the entire chain (in addition to the current rewards).

This, to me, is the most logical quest to add to gain DQ points. After all, we're doing the quest chain instead of selling the items, so we should still get some DQ points for actually doing DQ. b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011

P.S, if frankie is going to write "added" into this thread title, at least have something added as a reward from the DQ points, as atm its just a laughable *reward* system without R9.

Something WAS added, chest of coins gives you 500 reward points.....
  • Koyge - Lost City
    Koyge - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so just curious how much more are you going to ** the server into cash shopping. The DQ rewards with the rank 9 farming method was really the only thing you could farm for and not have to cash shop for. now i can pay millions of coins for the medals in game and let my all my racked up dq pts sit and do nothing. i really think ur failing to handle the real issue, and taking the easy way by taking out the item which is hurting the server and players more than anything.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And just like that all the kittys buying or selling dq items have died. Hope they keep event gold cards and wraith badges in there too or I'll be buying sooooo many do all cards.

Should I cash out my dq points now? Or should I continue to save them for the fantabulous, transcendental, awe inspiring "new rewards" that even as we speak are being crafted by a cadre of the most talented Chimei artisans? O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTB> Real GM response, and not 4-5 people talking about it around the water cooler.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

Those of us that >aren't< in TW factions have a hard enough time getting the medals as it is. You guys removing them just made it THAT much harder. I think its a terrible idea as I know quite a few people who have been farming DQs JUST for medals, myself included.

I agree with many of the people that have already said it, FIX THE EXPLOIT!!! Don't just take away something the free players can do! That's not right at all. I appreciate those that spend money so I don't have to, but for once, this was something I could totally farm IN GAME and, as a veno, do in a shortish amount of time! Now I can't unless I have a ****-ton of money in game to buy from those TW factions that get the random prize. that's saying they even sell it. I'm sure the prices have just flown through the roof now.

I think there should be compensation in more than just one way. More DQ prizes doesn't cut it. What about those that are partway to a piece of gear? They have untradeable medals now and can't get more from DQ. How are you guys gonna fix that?
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
This discussion has been closed.