Seeker against Assassin?

Shayd - Raging Tide
Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
So I'm pondering new start on Genesis expansion, servers cooled off, old character is deleting, I'd like to now which of these classes is better, I'm mostly asking about PvP, which one would do better against the rest, also which one wins in duel at high level. I shuffled trough the forum and found only one post saying ''Assassin with cut trough Any Hp and class including the new seekers'' but that's only one post
Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
Post edited by Shayd - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMEb5lNIU&feature=channel_video_title

There's your answer.

No other class can do this in under 5 minutes.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Ookay...Also whats other good class, Psyhic, or Mystic

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    So I'm pondering new start on Genesis expansion, servers cooled off, old character is deleting, I'd like to now which of these classes is better, I'm mostly asking about PvP, which one would do better against the rest, also which one wins in duel at high level. I shuffled trough the forum and found only one post saying ''Assassin with cut trough Any Hp and class including the new seekers'' but that's only one post
    Ookay...Also whats other good class, Psyhic, or Mystic

Assassin, Blademaster and Wizard are best if you know how to play.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Well, while my old char deletes I want to start some alt, Seeker is like blademaster I don't like them. So I'm between Mystic or Psyhic they both sussposedly smash opponents in PvP

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    not really
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    not really
    Oh really?

• Feridon - Raging Tide
    Feridon - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BM can smack (b:laugh) people in pvp also. And Seeker is by no mean like BM. Totally different classes with different skills and possibilitys.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Psychics are actually good in PK, but when you say smash opponents in PvP, i assume you mean a nuke. They are nukes on a surprise attack, but 1 vs 1 not really.
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    until seekers get their demon/sage, 79 and 1xx skills sins will own them.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Maybe but Light armor is pretty offensive just like before Archers were PK kings before Assasins, also I might choose Physic for alt, they have lot cool skills that literally play with enemy

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Assassin, Blademaster and Wizard are best if you know how to play
    Since when you need to be pro to play a sin?
    b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Old classes ar pretty outdated, which is why I'm stuck between Tideborn and Earthguard, both Overpowered as heck (plus for me)

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Only fish is overpowered
    EG is kinda fine, but not SO Op.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Old classes are pretty outdated, which is why I'm stuck between Tideborn and Earthguard, both Overpowered as heck (plus for me)

Nonsense.

A Psy, even end-game, could be killed by a sin or BM if they know what they're doing and do their homework. Do they have to do their homework if they wanna stand a chance? Hell yes, but once they do then it's not so hard. A wizzie at end-game can kill anyone with an ultimate. An archer can definitely kill a Psy end-game thanks to the purge effect on their bow: one tick from that and the Psy has no defenses up (save soul of silence), and skills are a Psychics entire defense; they're screwed once purged.
    And a cleric? You tried 1v1ing a cleric with their 100 skills? Hell, clerics are probably right behind sins as far as being OP in 1v1 combat. They've got all the time in the world to set up a nice, comfortable one-shot situation, and should they fail to one shot, they've got all the tools to simply TRY AGAIN until they get a trip spark crit on their debuffed opponent.
    Yes Psy can beat those classes too, but the point is it's not some incredible uphill battle for the rest: both sides of that fight stand good odds, with a Psy having an advantage against APS classes (BM and sin), which was clearly their intention to begin with. Balanced out though in that a Psy also has fights that are a struggle, as I promise you a class that can heal itself (Cleric and Mystic) is a nightmare for a Psy.

Seeker? The dudes have no anti-stun and only one stun themselves. They're basically physical wizards: they cast slow and deal heavy damage, meanwhile having very limited ailments. Yes they're incredibly useful as teammates but not so hot in the 1v1 fights. No way they're OP. Nice DPH, but nice damage isn't everything.

Mystics? This is a very versatile class that's very capable of killing everyone, yes, but this is because they're full of variety. They can switch up their play-style completely and keep their enemy guessing for quite a while. However, at some point people will start noticing patterns and typical fighting strategies of Mystics. When that time comes, they'll seem less OP. I'll admit, they're definitely tough opponents and I dunno where I'd rank them, but let's not call them OP before we're even sure.

And might I add that both Seeker and Mystic deal a type of damage that's actually quite worth getting resists for on a genie: metal and wood resist can be used against both these two and clerics/venos, so I'd imagine some people would actually save a genie slot for one of those two skills.

The only class that's OP is the same one that's always been OP: sins. Wizzies don't have a chance in hell against a sin that knows what they're doing, the potential 30k physical defense of a BM or Barb is an absolute joke for them, everyone's forced to run in circles for ages as long as a sin's around and sometimes they get the kill before the game even registers them as being out of stealth. Hell, earlier I praised Clerics for their ability to set up one shot situations? A sin can resist both of their one-shot setup tools, one of them giving the sin a BUFF in the process.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    NOW you are mixing my thoughs, i literally have no idea what class to play -_- and i don't want to make all 4 classes alts it'll make game only chaotic and pain instead of pleasure and fun.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lemme put it this way:

Blademaster for if you wanna be versatile: not OP nor weak, but deadly for any class if played right and definitely ready for any battle or opponent.

Wizard for if you wanna nuke. Not amazing in 1v1 fights, but sometimes the difference between a win and a loss in group fights.

Barb for...honestly a barb is only good for PVP if we're talking about a demon STR-built barb with a zerk weapon that runs around biting squishies' faces off. Still really bleh in 1v1 fights, but can be devastating in group fights, forcing people to shoot at a hard-to-take down target if they want to save their best DDs. (would be tough to gear up though)

Veno for if you just wanna do drive bys, sending an OMGWTFBBQ bird at a person while you run away like a weenie.

Archer if you wanna kill quick as balls and don't mind relying on running and tactical retreats as your basic form of defense.

Cleric if you just wanna shoot fish in a barrel: sleep them, debuff them, chi up, triple spark and attack. Rinse and Repeat.

Assassin if you wanna be an OP jackass.

Psychic if you wanna play more strategically, with your life on the line if you **** up but in exchange for putting that same level of don't-****-up pressure on your opponents. Also the best candidate for killing the above mentioned OP jackass.

Seeker if you wanna be a physical wizzie. Srsly.

Mystic if you want a nice variety of everything: self-healing, having a pet, fast casting, MANY different skills and tricks and good defense.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    lol sorry, im qutting for a MUCH better game than this ****, Pwi dies with every day until you get message about game shutdown along with the servers, it's massive grind, Second life alternative. You have money you have everything. Exp scolls, lvl up, oracles, lvl up, need fly? Cash shop! Mount? Cash shop! Good gear? CASH SHOP! Lazy to find mats? Guess...CASH SHOP. Rank 9? CASH SHOP. Fashion? CASH SHOP....CASH SHOP, and befo...CASH SHOP! Thats what PWi is. Have fun freaks

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol sorry, im qutting for a MUCH better game than this ****, Pwi dies with every day until you get message about game shutdown along with the servers, it's massive grind, Second life alternative. You have money you have everything. Exp scolls, lvl up, oracles, lvl up, need fly? Cash shop! Mount? Cash shop! Good gear? CASH SHOP! Lazy to find mats? Guess...CASH SHOP. Rank 9? CASH SHOP. Fashion? CASH SHOP....CASH SHOP, and befo...CASH SHOP! Thats what PWi is. Have fun freaks

You probably wont listen but, most other free to play games are worse than PWI. At least in PWI the advantage gained by cash shoppers can be matched with time commitment.

The cash shop in PWI lets you get things done faster. The cash shop in other games is the be-all and end-all of the game. Cash shop items are usually untradeable, and 95% of those games will eventually put overpowered gear into the cash shop as their initial "hype" dies out and they want to squeeze every last penny from the game.

If you should quit it should be because the game mechanics suck with assassins around - not because of the cash shop.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Since when you need to be pro to play a sin?
    b:scorn
    Since always, unless you can CS, powerlevel one to lvl 100 and 3.33 aps immediately. I've met plenty a noob sin in my year playing.
    If you should quit it should be because the game mechanics suck with assassins around - not because of the cash shop.
    No, PWI has made up for our OPness some. It's 5.0aps that has truely broken the game.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    It told you i **** that, this game stopped being fun and became more like life simulator, ''OMG need more coins for skills or gonna be underpowered omg rofltlolzhaxx0r'' or ''Need my BH done TODAY or i will lose xp'' and the graphics engine that since beginning couldn't handle the game...Poor class balance. end game levels unable to reach

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It told you i **** that, this game stopped being fun and became more like life simulator, ''OMG need more coins for skills or gonna be underpowered omg rofltlolzhaxx0r'' or ''Need my BH done TODAY or i will lose xp'' and the graphics engine that since beginning couldn't handle the game...Poor class balance. end game levels unable to reach

Stop QQing on this game's forum and GTFO already then.
  • XMasqueradex - Lost City
    XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2011

LOL@ Need bh done today or i will lose xp... you don't lose xp for not doing bh, i for one gave up bhing on my other toons cause i always seem to get those epic fail squads that you read about and since i was in a non rpk faction i was always alittle too tempted to drop squad and kill the idiots..

and as Okeano said Stop QQing about how bad this game is if you don't like it don't let the door hit your rear on the way out
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Yes you can skip BH today and do it tommorrow, but resets every 24 hours doesn't it? So you could do both these days, and gain more Exp, so yes you lose potential experience. And fail squads isn't anything new. Also after lvl 60 everyone wants a wine which is 60k, 180K daily for BH?! Plus skills, plus gear, plus repairs? Where people get all that money?! HUH?

• Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol sorry, im qutting for a MUCH better game than this ****.
    b:bye won't miss ya nub.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SillentSin - Dreamweaver
    SillentSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMEb5lNIU&feature=channel_video_title

There's your answer.

No other class can do this in under 5 minutes.

awesome... assassins realy rock xD...
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    b:bye won't miss ya nub.

Im 3 year old player of this ****, you're noob i bet you started playing 2 days ago, and just hit high levels with exp scrolls and oracles, do you even know what stats are? Damn troll. I wanna see you cry as you can't log on dead servers soon.

• Thanatos_R - Heavens Tear
    Thanatos_R - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:chuckle 3 yrs and ur asking about what class to use as an alt. dude u should no by now what each class is capable of. go QQ in the nub corner. how u made it past ya first week is beyond me
  • Thanatos_R - Heavens Tear
    Thanatos_R - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im 3 year old player of this ****, you're noob i bet you started playing 2 days ago, and just hit high levels with exp scrolls and oracles, do you even know what stats are? Damn troll. I wanna see you cry as you can't log on dead servers soon.

b:chuckle 3 yrs and ur asking about what class to use as an alt, then ******** about the cash shop and how easy it is to lvl up. dude u should no by now what each class is capable of. go QQ in the nub corner. how u made it past ya first week is beyond me.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited April 2011

tbh, im not the one butthurt here. u r. and i've been playing since the fall of 2009 and know my way around this game like every1 else. btw look at the lvl ur posting on or is that ur main? in my view that lvl resembles ur maturity lvl.b:bye
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol I think this place is worth of posting on my main character I slowly grinded up and stoped using before tides came out and i slowly grindind him to 86 before EG came out....I only Really wanna know one thing cause its kinda bothering me about this whole post....How the hell can you of been playing this game just as long as me and not know how the hell this game works? I couldnt of been the only person to look and explore all classes to see the ins and outs of them...hell if nothing else it showed me their weknesses so i could exploit them for duels tw and pk b:chuckle
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.