NON-APS Sage BM build.

Abstractive - Archosaur
Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, I would like to discuss yet another endgame build, this time for the Blademaster. I chose Sage because it is a strict non-APS build. I'd love feedback on what could be changed and what not.

Keep in mind that this BM reached 100k+ physical defense by having Buddha's Guard on. Also, I gave this build a fair amount of dex, since with the minimum required dex for gear (55), his accuracy would be somewhere near 800, making it impossible to successfully land a hit on any dex-based class.

http://pwcalc.com/b08111d951db141b

Enjoy. And last but not least feedback from the BM veterans would be much appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
Post edited by Abstractive - Archosaur on

Comments

• nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hello everyone, I would like to discuss yet another endgame build, this time for the Blademaster. I chose Sage because it is a strict non-APS build. I'd love feedback on what could be changed and what not.

Keep in mind that this BM reached 100k+ physical defense by having Buddha's Guard on. Also, I gave this build a fair amount of dex, since with the minimum required dex for gear (55), his accuracy would be somewhere near 800, making it impossible to successfully land a hit on any dex-based class.

Enjoy. And last but not least feedback from the BM veterans would be much appreciated.

Your elemental defense is just way too low....Even with sage magic marrow, you would get 1 shot by any psychic, mystic, cleric, wiz or veno with half decent damage.

In my own personal experience, building a sage BM that is non-aps (Nahktuul was sage bm before the aps craze), is all about balance and survivability.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    PvE ofc the build would own well in a AoE situation, what r9 wouldnt...

PvP... against other players with lesser than r9 gear it would own..

PvP against equivelent geared players, it would fail. You would be more of a survival tank, but wouldn't be a killer i suppose... Be good for bombings, and stunlocking for others to get the kill shot.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What I find most interesting about this build is that you seemed to almost go out of your way not to use any int gear at all. That's something even I wouldn't do (I just wouldn't, y'know, partake of the 4/5aps ****). And yet, the rank 9... o.o is this designed as an experiment in PVP? Because r9 is overkill for PVE...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Physical necklace es best never loose eehuahuehua
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Physical necklace es best never loose eehuahuehua

Really wt a tard put a elemental cube neck for god sakeb:bye

And why not a nirvana robe to get more magic defense and well 5 more attacks lvls???? IJS
  • kepi117
    kepi117 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol you realize that necklace unrefined costs over 1.5 _billion_, right?
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One sage Bm to another:

Well, personally It is nice to hear that you really don't care about interval what so ever, which does brings back memories of how the game us to be. Unfortunately, some here are right, the to put into what you are looking for in gear is to me WOW. I can see you owning against normal mobs but Bosses like Snakefist in Warsong as well as the mobs on the way there, you are going to get owned with not having much in helping you take a hit. Trust me aps does help in keeping yourself alive when you need to use your sage spark to get you out of a tough situation. Just with BP and sage spark, I pretty much am my own cleric and don't need to rely on a charm (which is rare for me to have).

Looking at your gear and how it is sharded, personally, it seems more for a TW than for anything else, but you will still have a tough time against the AA toons when hitting you, so hopefully you see them first before they see you.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sage BM with no aps is not an end game build. It's slow farming and charm **** from zerking against bosses and if you're going for dph instead of dps, you're pretty much barb build. Might as well pull cats.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    kepi117 wrote: »

yes, cause ALL that gear isn't expensive. >_> THAT is the problem. >_>

anyways.

what id suggest instead of the Str tome would be a Vit tome and stat out the dex, might lower crit, but it raises hp and raises mag def and phys def at the same time.

it really doesn't do much but then again without altering the gear, it doesn't do much anyways.
    oh, and it does lower evasion and accuracy, but really with this build Accuracy isn't really top priority anyways.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Would think the elemental Necklace would be better than the Phys one. You loose maybe 2% Pdef buffed, but gain over 8% unbuffed.

Also I would think 87 defense levels and 69% Mdef is far from squishy vs magic.
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    against r8-below gear, you'd be absolutely right, but against a r9 of equal gear magic, he'd be fairly squishy considering Axes make it pure dmg not dps, so considering they'd be pure 2def gems too and also maxing their phys def, he'd be hitting pretty low and taking huge hits 3sparked while doing a fairly small amount of damage in return. his build is made specificly for increasing defence, but his defence is solely in phys and the mag def he gets is purely from the def/attack lvl gear. To be honest, his gear right now reminds me of more of a magic/light armor build rather then a Heavy armor build.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    kepi117 wrote: »

lets see .... divides by 9 ..... so cube stamps sell for over 167m on your sever?.... Your math = fail. b:bye

It's a good start but, no, that helm cost 1 billion and it's ****. I'd go with nirvana helm/robe and change the neck to elemental. Other then that I'd say it's a good non-APS build. My only suggestion would be to put that build on a seeker and use BM for APS. That's just me though. b:shutup
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Would think the elemental Necklace would be better than the Phys one. You loose maybe 2% Pdef buffed, but gain over 8% unbuffed.

Also I would think 87 defense levels and 69% Mdef is far from squishy vs magic.

4k mdef is just simply too low. no matter how much def levels you have.

and if I am not mistaken, def level feeds off the base def you have. So in this case, he will benefit from p. def....but m. def is just piddly. A level 80 archer has about the same as his bm would have.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You do know that demon pure axes BM is far superior to sage BM right? Have you even looked at the level 11 skills?
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    He did it for sage bell more than anything I'm certain.

With that being said, I'm no expert in BM-eese. I'm only married to one. But even so, I think that even my level 8x mystic could probably hurt this guy with the low m.def. And with my wizzie that's not even rank 8, it'll be a one-hit. And...my psychic...b:bye

Why the pdef necklace?
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    nakhtuul wrote: »
    4k mdef is just simply too low. no matter how much def levels you have.

and if I am not mistaken, def level feeds off the base def you have. So in this case, he will benefit from p. def....but m. def is just piddly. A level 80 archer has about the same as his bm would have.

Actually if you swap to the Mdef neck and throw on Cleric buff it goes to 69% (which is 9k at that level). Which is what IMO really needs to be fixed with the build.

The actual numbers under in the defenses are relative, and mean jack because of that.
    As your level increases the amount of defense you need to get the same amount increases.

And Defense level is close to 1 Def level = 1% less damage taken. While it has diminishing returns if you have more of it than the enemy has atk level, it does have a straight gain if the enemy's atk level is equal or greater than yours (and I think 80 atk level as a Rank 9 isn't hard to get).
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    He did it for sage bell more than anything I'm certain.

Sage bell is only good for buffing others. If he wants to be a buff monkey, then sure. Demon BM will have the same phy def as sage if both have lvl 11 magic Marrow on (which you should in group PvP, which I assume it's what he made the axe BM for).
  • Forks - Harshlands
    Forks - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/39264a2b3ca61016

Give up phy necklace trade for mag and use marrow mag.. now less squishy.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    That helm is 960 mil...

Change cult to demon + right gears: http://pwcalc.com/9a11a86ff5edf81e
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ....Why did you just make it a 100 barb b:worried?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]