Seeker/Mystic Builds?

Faeble - Heavens Tear
Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Out of curiosity has anyone found off the china server or from others different builds / ideal build. Just as any other class, I'm sure there are recommended builds for each. I just wanted to know if anyone had an idea yet or if that info is still in the dark and won't come around until sooner to the release / after release.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
Post edited by Faeble - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• EvoultionX - Sanctuary
    EvoultionX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    as far as I know the Mystic is gonna be Arcane or LightArmor favored by most players so they gonna prob do 1str 4mag a lv is what i went by or the LA version i think it was 1str 1dex 3mag not sure 4 LA. b:pleased
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm sure the Mystic build is just standard arcane... but I'm curious about the Seeker myself. Does it need its MP added to?
  • EvoultionX - Sanctuary
    EvoultionX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    u could always put a mag tome in 4 the seeker 2 raise the mag skills from what i heard on the china version the seeker is aided 4 the mag classes somehow not sure wtf that means 4 when they roll in tw having 2 of them patroll the grounds with there buffs if thats true ur in 4 a suprise with the other mag classes lol
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A mystic would have a pure mag build given that their skills seem to consume a lot of mana. Perhaps a LA variant is plausible but that would need to be seen when people actually try it

As for Seeker, being HA would require a minimum 2.5 STR per level (5 STR every 2 lvls) which leaves 5 more stat points for MAG, DEX and VIT.

Now, at lvl99, between swords (152), blades (152), dual swords (156) and dual blades (147), dual blades have the lowest dex requirement (at lvl99 atleast). So at a bare minimum, without DEX addons on equips and tomes, we are looking for atleast 3 DEX per 2 levels (1.5 DEX per level) to meet the weapon weilding requirement.

The rest 2 stat points, you can either choose to invest in MAG or VIT depending upon how seekers fight (highly skill based or similar to BMs). I am leaning towards putting in 2 VIT.

Sword BMs can probably confirm this point given that they would have a similar build if am not mistaken.

So my build for seekers is like 5 STR, 3 DEX and 2 VIT every 2 levels (3,2,1 followed by 2,1,1). This also means Seekers can readily switch to LA if need be.

Other possible weird builds on my mind atm:-

1.) 10 STR, 5 DEX, 5 MAG every 4 levels which could perhaps let u swap any kind of armour depending upon certain bonuses

2.) 10 STR, 10 DEX, criticals anyoe?

3.) 10 STR, 6 DEX, 2 MAG -> Similar to the build i mentioned above except VIT has been restated into MAG
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am curious to see if they do go off magic, it would be strange though. And harder to do a build or a "pure" build. I do know they are HA. I am hoping theyre more based off phys like how BMs skills arent linked to magic ability. I wish I could have seen the seeker stat during the seeker game play video, would make an easier call haha. Thank you very much for the info :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seekers are based on physical attack. Some of their skills do magical.

Typical sword bm build can be applied to seekers since they use the exact same gear.

Mystics are typical casters, unlike venos they don't get a melee based spiritual form so only light armor or robe builds are viable.

So basically stat seekers like sword bms and stat mystics like clerics.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well with my seeker, I 1st applied a BM's 3 str, 2 dex build up till lvl 20, then I realised that they will never need so much str so I did my own 2 str, 1 vit and 2 dex very lvl from that point on for extra crit, accuracy and survival.
    My mystic is a pure mag build, but on PWI, I'll give him a vit cap up to 50 then go pure mag (dont see a lot of PvP potential so far, but wont be as squishy)
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Ambucane - Archosaur
    Ambucane - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Without Prejudice.

Looking at the Seeker compared to a BM build, it will be interesting comparing the diminishing returns for STR and the benifits for DEX of a Sword BM's 1on1 builds to Seekers. The 1on1 sword BM is liked for the nice "Myriad Sword Stance" skill, so there may be no direct sword damage comparison.
    Being Heavy Armor, melee evasion is really nice. A low level BM grins continuously using twin axes with a fist build with all the "Miss" listings, and so many of your hits connecting.
    You will not be like a magic user that does not miss. Your magic damage will likely be always applied after a melee hit, so DEX should help with your ability to hit.
    I can't really see magic points being needed, even when melee magic damage is applied to the target.
    The opening ranged attacks looked quite damaging rather than just be needed to draw from a crowd. A cheap long range genie spell does a nice low damage draw for melee mobs anyway, so more of the same is not needed.
    I love the magic damage for it's ability to ignore armor defence. You would time it for when your target pops an increased defence.
    The transfer of poisoning back to the attacker looks interesting at Lv60.
    My main interest in a seeker is soloing low level instances.
    The two flys in the ointment are:
    a) any dependancy on crits. I like a predictable result. Grinding and Instance work with criticals can cause undue tension.
    b) the use of a Mirage to apply some of the group buffs. One extra slot needed for them may be balenced to the benefit. I suspect the Mirage may provide all the resources for the buff by the time it arrives in February, so that might be a nice advantage over those having to wait after applying a group/AoE buff.

I am so very much hoping that PWc/i will bring in a more interesting attack focus, or indirect attack focus method into the game. It will make a non-auto-attack Seeker much easier to control in a group.

All this might change because after the expansion is applied by PWi, a further patch might update PWc and PWi to unexpected simplifications. Then you could separate Criticals, Hit chance, and Evasion. That is what i would do. [Big grin]

Farewell.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As a BM, a natural end game build to use decent swords would be:

Minimum dex to use sword/dual swords, blades/dual blades Roughly 156-200 dex depending if you want the extra crit/dodge.

Minimum vit to add to survivability 20-30 vit (lest you want to do a pure dmg thing)

and all the rest into STR.

Being as the hp per vit is the same for bm's as it is for seekers, I'd presume the build would be similar.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic will be using the standard mage builds. Pick almost any build you've seen in the various mage forums, and it'll probably stick. Arcane will be the most commonly used and likely the best.

Seeker is a bit more complex. No matter which of their 4 weapons is chosen, they still end up with 90+ stat points available at lv100. That's with HA. Boils down to how much extra damage/hp/accuracy is desired. Weapon choice will matter to: Attack Speed vs Skill Damage and Consistency vs Maximum Potential.
  • Megamastyx - Dreamweaver
    Megamastyx - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    as far as I know the Mystic is gonna be Arcane or LightArmor favored by most players so they gonna prob do 1str 4mag a lv is what i went by or the LA version i think it was 1str 1dex 3mag not sure 4 LA. b:pleased

So pure magic and arcane gear?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Mystic: minimum str for AA/weapon, rest into magic.

Seeker: Minimum str/dex for swords and HA, rest into vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DavidKessler - Sanctuary
    DavidKessler - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sence we are on this subject

can some one please explain to players that dont under stand

that even tho melee uses mana to cast special moves they dont get any gain from magic

i here it all the time and try to explain it but talking is not my strong point haha
    So you want to dace with the devil in the pail moonlight So lets dance
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, technically, they do get some benefit from magic, just as mages get some benefit from vit.

Not a BIG benefit, but it's there.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Stating magic on a seeker will only increase their Mag def and mana, and by very little. It will have no effect on dmg as the magic dmg skills are based on your patk (similar to an archers metal skills) The skills would be for example:

"Deal metal damage equal to base phsyical attack +2346"

From playing a seeker the build will follow that of a sword BM. Minimum dex to use wep, maybe a little more to get an extra crit %. Rest in str / vit. The ammount of vit to be statted depends on the dmg increase from skills (the +XXXX dmg part). If its high the class can get away with statting more vit, if its low then they will need str to up the base physical attack part of the skills. Skills might also be based on wep dmg, so having a high refined wep could mean being able to stat alot more vit without loosing much dmg. Finding a full list of skills and how the dmg is calculated will tell the best build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Think if you placed stats on your seeker specifically for LIGHT armor though... if you did this you would have so much room for higher crits, higher magic damage, and yea...
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I would build a mystic like a cleric. They are a healer class, even if they are not as good as clerics.

From what I have seen of their skill sets, they are not very good DD. I have no idea about their pets though.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Think if you placed stats on your seeker specifically for LIGHT armor though... if you did this you would have so much room for higher crits, higher magic damage, and yea...

I've been wondering about LA and seekers. Truthfully, the difference between swords and HA is around 50 points or so at Lv100. Not sure how much worth 2-3% crit is. o.O

For damage, Seekers will probably use Str for damage, being a warrior class. So, that'd end up as a HA build anyway.

Vit is probably the best bet for LA. It could be raised beyond what HA would normally be capable of. Also, a seeker can play his/her cards right and have the base build be LA Vit while still allowing access to HA at higher levels.
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've been wondering about LA and seekers. Truthfully, the difference between swords and HA is around 50 points or so at Lv100. Not sure how much worth 2-3% crit is. o.O

For damage, Seekers will probably use Str for damage, being a warrior class. So, that'd end up as a HA build anyway.

Vit is probably the best bet for LA. It could be raised beyond what HA would normally be capable of. Also, a seeker can play his/her cards right and have the base build be LA Vit while still allowing access to HA at higher levels.

but you gotta consider magic damage...LA would allow for higher magic damage which MIGHT be better/cooler... idk..instead of doing vit..idk its just a possibility...and mp wouldn't drain as much/fast....
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    but you gotta consider magic damage...LA would allow for higher magic damage which MIGHT be better/cooler

Umm... from everything I've heard, they're a warrior class. The elemental damage they do is based off of their physical attack. Adding more Magic wouldn't help them any. :/
  • allleeeexxxxx
    allleeeexxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How do i skill a Mystic
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker build will be show in time, I level up my seeker to level 5 today, only can play 15 min, and the weapon that yo get from the suply need 16 str and 13 dex so only let 1 point, i will add str and dex for the minimun requirements of weapons and armors, and see how many point will let me, how many hp he get for each level, the critic rate, the acuraccy etc. i think in level 30 or 40 I will have a good idea about what kind of builds seekers have.

About mystics.. i dont care i just will start pk all 30 mystic i see in future b:bye
  • silenz003
    silenz003 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I like to know is this build of mine as a Mystic is good or bad..??

Mystic LVL: 39

Vit: 5
    Str: 22
    Mag: 124 (cant remember the exact figure's)
    Dex: 27

I just done this build just like the veno. I have who's level is 50. It wasn't that bad when talking about veno? But in Mystic type character im confused b'coz of the thing mystic has a summon pet also, although it is on the form of a skills not like the veno that has a wide variety of pets (when talking about surrondings in PWI).

Any suggestion or comment will be appreciated of course I read almost the thread on this discussion, but somehow im still confused and it did'nt answer the previous question bout the nice build for Mystic and Seeker.

Thank you
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    silenz003 wrote: »

I like to know is this build of mine as a Mystic is good or bad..??

Mystic LVL: 39

Vit: 5
    Str: 22
    Mag: 124 (cant remember the exact figure's)
    Dex: 27

I just done this build just like the veno. I have who's level is 50. It wasn't that bad when talking about veno? But in Mystic type character im confused b'coz of the thing mystic has a summon pet also, although it is on the form of a skills not like the veno that has a wide variety of pets (when talking about surrondings in PWI).

Any suggestion or comment will be appreciated of course I read almost the thread on this discussion, but somehow im still confused and it did'nt answer the previous question bout the nice build for Mystic and Seeker.

Thank you

why dex? also this is a necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Matmos - Lost City
    Matmos - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011

pure arcane build is 1 str + 9 mag every 2 lvls b:chuckle
  • _Shadeslayer - Sanctuary
    _Shadeslayer - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i have learned through experience with my avatar that pure mag build is the best case when raising a mystic, they would obviously be easy to kill at lower lvls but they make up for that higher lvls with their magical abilities, mystics rock in all aspects, 4mag 1strg every lvl, shards for hp.b:victory
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Necro but...

4 mag + 1 str isn't pure mage. 9 mag + 1 str every 2 levels is pure mag. That extra str is useless, you're way better off doing 8 mag + 1 str + 1 vit.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    inb4clob:victorysed4necro
  • kaslechit
    kaslechit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ur 3,2,1 followed 2,1,1 wouldnt work thats 6 to 4
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    and thats necro number 2 in the same thread great job