Queestion about Venomancer beginner (please help)

Options
SweetYakira - Raging Tide
SweetYakira - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Venomancer
I just wanna say i read all post and guilds about Veno but I still cant find some things. Hope u can help me please please. I am lvl 19 and I put 6MAG-3VIT-1STR every 2 lvl's. I go robe. I have Crystaline Magmite but it dosent do DMG to mobs at all. So here I go:

1. What can I do so my Magmite have better dmg and defense?
2. What mobs I will be good to defeat as fox and do i really need to be fox too?
3. What skills I have to lvl and take for full PVE build and robe Veno?
4. I seen my pet have no magic def, do i need other mob for that and if yes, what pet?

Thank you so much and I hope u can answer me. b:kiss
Post edited by SweetYakira - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SweetYakira - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Please anyone? b:cry
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what level's your magmite, and how loyal is it?

you want to keep your pets up to level with you, and you want their loyalty above 500 at all times. the first thing to do after taming a new pet is to go buy seven or eight sesame oils to force-feed the thing, before you take it out to fight; that'll give you loyalty and some to spare. once that number's above 500, the pet will gain 50% more experience than base and do 20% more damage on top. never let your pets go hungry, for fear of losing loyalty --- as soon as that pet icon goes green, feed it some pure water for maintenance. (or get a tome.)

your pet should definitely have mag defense, although the magmite isn't known for having great mag def. the glacial walker's better for that, as well as (slightly) better overall.

fighting in fox form is an interesting style i'm just starting to play around with myself, in my mid-to-late 6x levels. you can leave the involved fox form play until then, or later --- but you do need to get fox form, right off, so that you can get (and level up) amplify damage. you will be expected to cast amplify as part of teamwork in a squad.

basic, use-a-lot skills are pet heal; wood mastery; the scarabs for damage; soul transfusion, nature's grace and metabolic boost for mana control. amp and purge, on bosses when squadding --- amp's the more necessary one, purge doesn't see much use the first 60 levels. summer sprint's nice for speed, and tanks appreciate getting bramble guard from you. and of course, once you hit level 46, lending hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for reply me. I have lvl 20 and my pet 20 also. At loyalty I have 250 i think i'm not sure. I will log in and tell u after that. I did not know that when is green he needs to eat, i only give him water when he was yellow. Thank you so much, you really help me a lot. He did not have dmg at all and I did not know what to do. b:kiss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I made you a print and hope it helps. MY pet just got killed, I had 4 monsters on him b:infuriated and I feed him and made a print. Thank you so much!
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9709/24043770.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yep, your pet's low on loyalty. you want that number above 500, at least; feed it sesame oil as quick as the food cooldown will let you until it gets there, then see how it fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yep, your pet's low on loyalty. you want that number above 500, at least; feed it sesame oil as quick as the food cooldown will let you until it gets there, then see how it fights.
    Thank you so much, i will do that. You are very sweet to help me. b:cute
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have now about 600-650 loyalty but my monster have low survivability even 1-1 . I get killed a lot because he always dyes and I have to put many many skills in mob because my pet just dont have enough DMG to kill while I only heal him. I dont know, maybe I am doing this wrong. Just everybody say Veno's are the best PVE but i just cant get there. I put him to kill 1 mob and he just dont give DMG. I need to kill it myself with my skills and heal my pet, it's just to hard for me, and i dont know what i'm doing wrong. I just wanna kill solo PVE that is all but I see something is wrong. I need help b:cry
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what mobs are you fighting, at your level, that manage to outdamage your pet heal? that shouldn't happen with any regular mobs; maybe if you're taking on a boss, but...

edit: how much healing does your pet heal do? maybe there's something odd involved, like a broken weapon dragging down your heals...?

edit again: re-read your question more closely... what you're describing may be perfectly normal; having your pet kill completely unaided often does take too long to be practical. using your own skills to help cut the killing time down is normal, just so long as the mob doesn't decide to ignore your pet and attack you (stealing aggro from your pet). the point of your tanking pet is to give the mob something to beat on that (1) isn't you, and (2) you can easily heal to keep it alive. of course pets have other points to them, too, but that's for more refined play.

almost no veno pets have the point of "doing all the fighting for you, leaving you nothing but heal pet to do". you might run into that situation once in a rare while --- soloing a boss, for instance --- but it's not the usual situation.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you for reply, for example, At lvl 21 I beat Arboride Dryad and just 1 take my pet's life almost kill him. I dont want my pet to do dmg for me but he's not taking anything from a mob's life same lvl. I do missions, I dont have a chance at king's. I seen a Veno with a wolf that was taking the Dryad's life almost full without her healing much or hit him. She was same lvl as I was and i think she heal her pet just 1 time max 2 times while I was almost out of MP from so many heals. I dont know what I'm doing wrong b:cry
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you for reply, for example, At lvl 21 I beat Arboride Dryad and just 1 take my pet's life almost kill him. I dont want my pet to do dmg for me but he's not taking anything from a mob's life same lvl. I do missions, I dont have a chance at king's. I seen a Veno with a wolf that was taking the Dryad's life almost full without her healing much or hit him. She was same lvl as I was and i think she heal her pet just 1 time max 2 times while I was almost out of MP from so many heals. I dont know what I'm doing wrong b:cry

ok, what you're describing is just not normal; you should be healing more than what you're describing, and killing faster. something's up.

first, check for worn-out gear in your inventory, especially check your weapon to see if it needs repairing. talk to any merchant and click "fix all", see what that might do.

second, if nothing needs fixing, try to go to: http://pwcalc.com/ and recreate your character's set-up, then click "save" to be given a URL link to it and post that link here. see if any of us here can spot anything strange in your build and/or equipment.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yah that defently does not sound right. I am lvl 46 and got a walker about lvl 44 so had to "painfully" lvl it up lol.

It was quite easy since i could leave it to kill its same lvl mobs with maybe 2 - 4 heals (max usually bout 5) while i killed bout 3 mobs during that long process of him killing just 1.

Yah your pet wil never kill faster than u can unless u have a nix or a scorpion or somthing that has a high damage rate.

BTW every time I turn in a quest i fix all my armor so i have the full benefits of my armor/weapons when i go out the next time.

From grinding or just the quests you should always be making more than it costs to fix as I have experienced so many times already. b:pleased

Oh and the walker is bad on magic defense so i suggest to tame one that has good mag defense. If I leave my walker to attack a mag mob I usually have to double my heals.

All in all you should have a total of about 5 - 6 pets. (1 for physical def(land), 1 for mag def(land), 1 for air(find one that has best for pdef/mdef), 1 for water(find one that has best for pdef/mdef), 1 to pull (fast pet although i am not too worried bout this one), 1 for a backup incase your main dies and u cant really or dont really want to escape. )

Most venos will also have a high damage pet as well so you are looking at taming about 7 in total.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for reply me. I just get out of work..long day so sorry for answer you so late. I have all my gear good, i will make a print to show you what I have. I just dont know what is wrong. I want to play with my Veno because my Cleric dyes fast and after 3 monsters I have to regenerate my HP so i lvl up very slow. With Veno i kill fast and I like it but i dye alot to because my pet have no defence. It is true that i heal very little and when my pet have lets say, half of life I need 4-5 heals to make it full again and sometimes the monster dmg is higher then my heal. I have lvl 2 at my heal. I will make a print now and show you. U've been very sweet to help me. Thank you alot.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have made the print with all that I have on. I canot put in "edit" so i just reply.

http://pwcalc.com/175f9ac75c8dfe5b
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How are you spending your stat points? Are you spending them at all? If you don't know what I'm talking about, press C while you are in game, and your stat info will appear. There are four stats: vitality, magic, strength, and dexterity. Each of these values begins at 5, and you recieve 5 points every level, which you can distribute as you wish. The destribution of your stat points plays an enormous role in the capabilities of your character, so if you spend them poorly or don't spend them at all, you will be very, very weak.

Venomancers have many plausible stat builds, geared toward vastly different playing styles. If you need information on how to stat your venomancer, take a look at this: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer_Common_Stat_Builds I recommend one of the arcane builds for beginners.

This is the only reason I can think of that your pet heals would be so inefficient. You probably don't have enough points put into magic, which means that your magic attack (and thus your pet heal, which is affected by magic attack) is far too low.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well unless you want to go HA and not be able to heal as much and as good as a AA Veno then I highly suggest you start putting your points in Mag (4) & Strength (1).

As a magic caster class you should not be putting any points into VIT or DEX unless you have leftover after getting the best gear for your lvl veno at any point.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well unless you want to go HA and not be able to heal as much and as good as a AA Veno then I highly suggest you start putting your points in Mag (4) & Strength (1).

Actually, 1 strength and 4 magic every level is twice as much strength as you need. Magic gear only requires 1 strength every 2 levels. Any more than that is pretty much a waste on an arcane build.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually, 1 strength and 4 magic every level is twice as much strength as you need. Magic gear only requires 1 strength every 2 levels. Any more than that is pretty much a waste on an arcane build.

LoL yes thnx Bridigan for correcting.. that is actually what I meant just forgot to edit in every 2 lvls.b:chuckle

But then again i use hybrid which usually requires it in what i have experienced, that way i wont be as squishy.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have made the print with all that I have on. I canot put in "edit" so i just reply.

http://pwcalc.com/175f9ac75c8dfe5b

hmm... that's decent equipment you've listed; not great, but certainly good enough.

your build is vit-heavy --- you may never need to add another point into vit; i only have forty-some myself, and haven't added any for ages --- and very slightly strength-weak. at 22, i'd expect an arcane veno to carry 15 or so str.

the only potential problem i can see is if your weapon was broken or completely worn out. that'd drop your magic attack down to 65... which would cause problems much like what you describe. you sure it doesn't need repairing?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think i put to much in VIT. My weapon is fixed, dosen't need repair. I put my status like this:
    per 1 lvl:
    4 MAG 1VIT
    3MAG-1VIT-1STR
    I go with arcane robe. In my link I copy everything that I have on me and status as well. In skills I have all I need except fox skills. I have fox form but I did not take any skills for it. At heal pet I have lvl 2.
    edited April 2011
    Options

So, I am arcane build. You think is better to put 1 STR every 2 lvl's and rest full MAG?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the pure mag build is 1 str every 2 levels, everything else into mag. you may need to catch up a little on strength since you seem to be a point or two below that standard.

i'd say, if you ever run into some equipment (arcane armor or magic weapon, i mean) that you want to use but don't have the strength for, add more strength the next time you level until you can use it; otherwise don't worry about str, just go pure mag.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you very much i will do that. I will stop with VIT and add MAG and STR. b:kiss

I forgot to ask you: What gear is better,Wood, Water Earth etc, or Phy. res? Trust me I search 2 days on forum but I cant find that information. Thank you again so much.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I forgot to ask you: What gear is better,Wood, Water Earth etc, or Phy. res? Trust me I search 2 days on forum but I cant find that information. Thank you again so much.

armor has six different resistances; physical, and the five flavors of magic (wood, metal, earth, water, fire). you want them ALL. any piece of armor that lacks any one of these six --- well, i for one only even consider using it if that piece has something else remarkably good about it, some additional extra that makes up for its shortcoming. lacking any one resistance is a BIG shortcoming, in my opinion. it might be made up for, by a really great additional extra that i particularly want --- but that's rare.

i'd rather wear the bone-stock, one-star, no-socket, white-named armors you buy from the tailor than most blue-named gear with one lacking resistance. if TWO of them aren't there... i NPC the thing, usually.

arcane armor will have comparatively low physical resistance and high magical resistances --- usually all five types the same number. if you've settled your mind on the pure mag build, then arcane armor is the only kind you can use, so you'll be stuck with low physical resistance --- us arcane-armor casters all are. we usually wear physical-defense belts and necklaces to try and make up for it.

sometimes you have a choice between gears that have different additional extras; maybe one pair of boots will have added phys def while another pair has added wood def, for instance. in that case, i try to pick the one that increases whatever i have least of --- which is usually phys def, since i wear arcane gear.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I understand. You explain so good thank you very much. I'm just a beginner and I still learn from forum, reading and ask people just so i dont make a bad character. I want to ask you something else but i hope i'm not bothering you to much. In this topic someone told me I need more then 1 pet. I have glacial walker now but he dosen't have good magic res. so what other pet it better for me just for magic def? But..how do i make it same lvl as I am if i dont play with it that much? I dont want to be high level and my mag pet to be small one b:cry Please?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the "which pet should i use" question is a huge one with no one right answer; a lot of the personal style of playing veno goes into choosing and customizing your pets. some good resources for research:

ecatomb on pet stats at level 100
    pet stats simulator
    tameable pet list

as you might notice from these, the glacial walker really has fairly decent mag resistance. several pets have much worse such, but if you really want one with more mag def, you could try the ebon hellduke / seamonster guardian (it changes name when you tame it, annoyingly). it's found near the glacial walkers and starts at level 19.

although, you might want to give a thought to a flying pet. you'll soon run into airborne quests where one will be handy.

keeping a pet leveled with you is not hard --- they gain XP much faster than you do, provided you keep their loyalty up above 500 at all times. leveling two or three pets isn't too difficult, even. myself, i'm having to grind quite a bit to keep my four pets all at my own level, and i just acquired a lv-20 tabby plumdrop i may want to put forty-odd levels onto to see how it plays; that'll be a bit of a drudge.

but just one or two is no problem --- simply switch pets when one's XP bar fills all the way up. oh, unless you have some specific need for the particular skills or strengths one pet has that the others would lack; then it's appropriate to keep using it even if its XP bar's already full.

you almost certainly do want more than one pet, though, because their different strengths serve different purposes. i have an air pet for flying quests, a glacial walker for land tanking, an eldergoth for ranged tanking and luring, a dark wanderer for damage dealing, and the tabby i'm curious to see what i can do with. debuff luring as a specialty? or skill it out for damage dealing? hmm, hmm...
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You have so many pet's that is so great. I only have Glacial Walker and a turtle who is lvl 8 and I did not know how to lvl up. I thought it was like genie or something they all level up even if I dont use them or u can lvl up from your EXP. Hihihi...But let's say at lvl 70-80 I take a Herc, will he be my final pet or I need others too? I just dont think I will have money to spend with all pets, skills and EXP.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You have so many pet's that is so great. I only have Glacial Walker and a turtle who is lvl 8 and I did not know how to lvl up. I thought it was like genie or something they all level up even if I dont use them or u can lvl up from your EXP. Hihihi...But let's say at lvl 70-80 I take a Herc, will he be my final pet or I need others too? I just dont think I will have money to spend with all pets, skills and EXP.

I have at this moment a herc, a nix (flaming phoinx), a eldergoth marksman, and a turtle I got at lvl 51 but not sure of the name.

I used the Herc for land, nix for air, Elder for pulling, and Turtle for water. I am pretty much set on my pets.

I also use my nix for high damage and mag def since its awesome. Of course the herc and nix are CS items.

I use the Elder for pulling since it is a ranged pet and it pulls faster than a herc and wont have to worry about the possbility of dying from all other mobs attacking it at the same time. However my herc can withstand it b:laugh.

Hope it helps.