Question about Gear/Stats

Options
Viquedis - Archosaur
Viquedis - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
Hiya, I have some questions about gear and stats for Venos, i have read all the beginner guilds but i still don't really get it, and i really want to be a tanker so does anyone know what stats and gear is the best for a veno tanker?
I am lvl 15 right now and i have heavy gear
my stats right now are:
33STR 29MAG 25DEX and 5VIT
Please please help, and tell me what is best!
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!b:pleased
~Failure happens all the time, it happens in a war or in a duel, but what makes u better and work harder, is how you react to it~b:victory
Post edited by Viquedis - Archosaur on

Comments

• Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A heavy armor veno? Frankly, that's for veteran players. You are better off making an arcane or light armor veno first to get a feel for the class, and then when you understand what you're doing, you'll be better able to pull it off. In fact, many heavy armor venos begin as arcane or light armor and only switch to heavy at high levels--this is actually the cheapest and easiest way to go heavy armor.

The problem is that you just don't get enough stat points to be able to equip both heavy armor and a magic weapon of appropriate level; you'll have to wear either lower-level armor or a lower-level weapon, unless you can find enough stat bonus gear to make up the difference (but good stat bonus gear is expensive, and new players generally can't afford this).

If you're so desperate to tank, you might want to play a different class.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Viquedis - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok thanks, i just want to try to be a little tanker veno, i will try to get lighter armor and start of that way, thanks for replying!b:bye
    ~Failure happens all the time, it happens in a war or in a duel, but what makes u better and work harder, is how you react to it~b:victory
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You're welcome. I myself am an arcane veno who plans on restatting to heavy armor later, for PvP purposes. Heavy armor has the largest repair bills, so you'll find it easier to save up money for your endgame build when you are arcane or light armor.b:victory
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Imo, LA venos isn't really the best choice because both of pdef and mdef will suffer compared to HA/AA venos. Yes it's more "balanced" and better survivability but is it really worth the loss of magic attack when we're the weakest out of the casters? (since for HA venos, they rely on fox form). Although a mix between LA/AA armor is good. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viquedis - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I should do a mix of LA and AA to get more pdef and mdef? Well i dueled this girl and she beat me when I was a AA and we were the same lvl and she was wearing HA, so I wanted to be stronger and have more def so I changed to HA also. Anyways thanks for giving me some idea's it really helped!b:victoryb:bye