Need a little help here

sonicscout
sonicscout Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
So i just downloaded the game last night and started playing. I've been trying to figure out how i can change some of the hotkey's to make moving around a bit easier. I've searched the forums here, but cant find an answer, so i figured i would just post. I'm looking to set up the QWEASD key's for ease of movement. WS for forward and back and AD for left and right and QE for camera rotation left and right. The problem i'm having is i cant seem to get the settings to where i can have both stafing and camera rotation. i can have one or the other but not both. If there's a way to do this please let me know.

Comments

• Tynice - Heavens Tear
    Tynice - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure about how to help you with your issue personally, but between strafe and camera rotation hotkey'd , I'd go with camera rotation.

Anyways, probably moot, as after a couple hours, you'll find yourself more then likely point n click'n, tab select'n, and autopathing most of the time.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There isn't really a "strafing" function in PW. The only real options you can set are "zoom" and "a/d keys" in the options (I forgot which tab they're on). I would recommend both of these.

A/D Keys option: sets A and D for left/right camera rotation instead of left/right movement.

Zoom option: reverses the functions of your mouse wheel for zoom in / zoom out (personal preference).

If that doesn't work for you, you can try messing with the keybindings (hit K to bring up that screen). I can't guarantee you the things you want are on there, though - I've never messed with it myself, and I know that Q is bound to quest list and E is bound to actions by default.

Hope that helps, good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why do you need to strafe if you can shoot arrows out of your butt (you don't need to face target to shoot it unlike decent MMOs)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?