No APS - No Sin?

Viva - Heavens Tear28
Viva - Heavens Tear28 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
Hey. I'm interested in Sins, mainly because of some skills (Rib strike and BP sound fun, must be awesome to take 50% less damage due to attack speed debuff). However, as a non-cash shopper, I won't be able to get 4-5 aps (unless I farm my butt off in the next 3 years). I don't have a problem with this, but I'm afraid people won't need me in FCC if I don't get epic APS. I might be able to get around 2 aps, but that's not enough I guess. What should I do? Should I just forget about Sins? x.x
Post edited by Viva - Heavens Tear28 on

Comments

• Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    A sin without aps is just like playing any dd without aps... Nobody wants you, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You don't really "need" epic aps to be a good sin.

Nor do you need to be a cashshopper to get good gear.

As an example :

A lower lvl sin can already be good by having rank 4 armor (need 5K rep, which on sales is very cheap) , bracers with -int, and hook and thorn (at lvl 80).
    In combination with the right chi building skills like inner harmony, rising dragon strike and a genie with cloud eruption or atk speed skill, you can spark a lot as well.
    Once you hit 89 and go demon, it's even more impressive.

Bloodpaint is imo the most awesome skill a sin has. Not only do you need less pots, you are less squishy and can tank/kill a lot more.

All really depends on how well you play your sin and how you time it all right. Levelling like a nutter without taking time to "merchant" or farm will get you nowhere like for most classes.

Make sure you gain enough cash to be able to afford "decent" gear and you can be good without the need for a high aps.

As for FC : no need for high aps, the higher the better oc, but by the time you can do those runs, you should be able to afford atleast some decent stuff, If you take your time oc.

GL making one.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No need for aps to be a good sin, or to have fun.

You won't get into the aps nirvana squads, but that's basicly it.
    DPH sins (dmg per hit, build around skill spamming) can do awesome amounts of dmg
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you want to play a sin, go for it :P You might have the impression that everyone is 4 or 5 aps, but ingame there are a lot that are nowhere close to it. Besides, I think you'll have the same "problem" on any class. On other classes you'll want good gear too, and that's not cheaper then for a sin.

It's true ppl hyperfocus on aps, to the point they even ask for "aps dd for fcc 80-90". But that's just wc. You will be asked for your aps and not get invite cause it's to low. But on some random other class you'll have the same if they find someone with better gear. That doesn't mean you can't have fun or that you're a bad sin.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I started an assassin fully aware that I might not be able to afford 5 aps.

Also, I'm currently 1.82 aps, Sage with Sage Bloodpaint. I've had at least two people, both 4 or 5 aps, tell me to get to 100 so they can drag me to Nirvana with them.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Esorono - Sanctuary
    Esorono - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I say play as a sin if you want, you will have pretty much the same problem with any class you choose.

But I would wait a while before making a sin alt, mystics seem to have no problem following and killing any mobs you attack. b:surrender
    I have an ego so large it has it's own gravitational pull...So in short, yes, everything DOES revolve around me. b:pleased
  • Yulk - Raging Tide
    Yulk - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    DPH sins are scary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Fyasko - Sanctuary
    Fyasko - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    doesnt hurt to try, if ya dont like the sin just add it to ur alt graveyard hahaha

but no there are more than 1 way to build all classes :)
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just dont be like a sin i meet, want to tank bh59 and he die, when i told him that Rib strike and nerves helps in this case he told me that he dont use skills. b:shocked better told this things before so cleric dont use bb cuz he have to drop it to rez him and can get a wipe.b:laugh
  • Shurtgal - Heavens Tear
    Shurtgal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    heck no u dnt need awesome gear to have fun as a sin.. granted i got tt99 ashura AND Lionheart, and also spent money on getting to 35k rep, but im still 2.86 sparked. yah i cas shop a bit, but thats off topic.. no u DNT need high aps to be good sin, gawd iv seen soo any sins jst soldierng with high aps, when they forget that we have awesome skills, which doesnt need aps :D.. for example i have demon rib strike, which makes enemys attk 65% slower. jst get DECENT gear (aka tt80 dags, 1 -int wrist, 5k rep top) and that will bump u up to 2.5 if u go demon, or 1.86 if ur sage. and IF u have sage bp, u WILL be wanted everywhere, JST for ur bp :D
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just have interest, money will follow.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)