Is it possible to name change a character?

Options
Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Question in title. IF it is possible, what are the steps?

Edit : i'm not sure this is posted in the right section ( what would that be?)

Edit2 Example : to rename my barbarian canis_regis to another name
Post edited by Canis_Regis - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but no
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually, there IS a way to change a character's name, but they simply prefer to not do it and for good reason. Can you imagine the number of name change requests daily? Sometimes it's best to say no. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually, there IS a way to change a character's name, but they simply prefer to not do it and for good reason. Can you imagine the number of name change requests daily? Sometimes it's best to say no. b:surrender

Actually I would say"Can you image the amount of extra income for PWI if they add a Boutique Item for 10/15 Gold that allows name change?"
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but no

WRONG.

Correct, but also WRONG.
    Actually I would say"Can you image the amount of extra income for PWI if they add a Boutique Item for 10/15 Gold that allows name change?"

And... You'll see what I mean.

So... During a short amount of time, LONG LONG ago, before a large majority of people here now started playing (aka, during open beta), I rolled my Veno. I also rolled an archer. Since I was really imaginative, I decided to use the exact same name, and put a 1 on the end.

Back then it worked. Bolding that so that people look like idiots when they quote this and say 'but, but, it's unpossible to do that!' I then ignored my archer for darn near 2 years. It was a freaking pain to get past level 10, the starter area kinda sucks.

Well... Fast Forward 2 years. I ended up playing the character... And I was getting extremely AWFUL drop rates on quests. If a quest had anything but a 100% drop rate, I wouldn't get any of the drops (I'm talking quest drops). Suspecting the 1 in my name, I made a ticket, and since it violated the current naming conventions (numbers aren't allowed), they allowed me to choose a new name.

NOW, where the 'renaming' thing becomes a HUGE pain. In faction chat, half of the faction sees the original name. Half the faction sees my new name. It's not a joke, it's not them pulling my leg, because I NEVER TOLD THEM MY ORIGINAL NAME. Each time I log off and back in on that character, it randomly will change who sees which name.

Still think a Name Change is a cool thing? Yeah, it's not. It also makes getting a squad invite VERY difficult. Luckily, if I whisper someone, the correct name always appears in the chat box, so I can get an invite that way, but sometimes, people have difficulties whispering me. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ulvhedner - Harshlands
    Ulvhedner - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If name change was easily accessible, people would eventually start misusing it. Ninjalooting in PWI isn't that easy in PWI just because you're not able to change your name. Lets say you do multiple TT runs and the bank decides to fake-DC, and you never see him again, because the next time you see him he have a new name.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If name change was easily accessible, people would eventually start misusing it. Ninjalooting in PWI isn't that easy in PWI just because you're not able to change your name. Lets say you do multiple TT runs and the bank decides to fake-DC, and you never see him again, because the next time you see him he have a new name.

That's one reason I think they don't allow name changes for flippant reasons.

I hope it stays this way too.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    During my time at PWI, I have seen a grand total of two name changes. Both were for "inappropriate" names. It's honestly very unlikely you will be able to receive a name change for any other reason but that and the situation Sarrafeline described.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    There is a way, but it means starting over again.

Make a new barb with the name you want b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol, not only would it be incredibly hard for both u and the gm's. but also for your mates. trying to explaine something like that to alot of my mates, would take ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A real life friend of mine got permbanned for having the Nword as a name....
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I could be implemented,but with adding an option on the setting
    "Show player's Original name"
    (If the name was ever actually changed)
    With this option on,any char which name was changed would have right below it his original
    Something like

Razya
    SoulRequiem

While in whisper would looks like:

Razya(SoulRequiem):<bla bla>

Also if the Item to change name cost 15-20 gold its hardly someone use it to steal TT mats all the time,I mean,its worth it?
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Basically as this is the most badly coded game I have ever seen, it wouldnt be able to handle sporadic name changes. The original name/s would keep popping up in unexpected ways/places.

Broken game is broken.

But hey, keep on paying money for a free broken game lmao.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Basically as this is the most badly coded game I have ever seen, it wouldnt be able to handle sporadic name changes. The original name/s would keep popping up in unexpected ways/places.

Broken game is broken.

But hey, keep on paying money for a free broken game lmao.

Mine does in faction chat.

So... That's pretty much confirmed.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A real life friend of mine got permbanned for having the Nword as a name....

Your real life friend is an idiot.

And no, it's not possible . . . unless the rule changed in the last 2 years.

The CM announced almost 2 years ago it would never be possible for a player to change their name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your real life friend is an idiot.

And no, it's not possible . . . unless the rule changed in the last 2 years.

The CM announced almost 2 years ago it would never be possible for a player to change their name.

So... My Archer... Never got a name change? b:shutup

It's POSSIBLE. But it's not gonna happen except for special circumstances, like mine.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also wanted to do the same thing once and submitted a ticket, only wanted to change a capital letter but they said no. b:sad b:beatenup
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... My Archer... Never got a name change? b:shutup

It's POSSIBLE. But it's not gonna happen except for special circumstances, like mine.

You obviously enjoy splitting hairs. Sorry but I don't share the same past time. Look at the OP's join date. Unless he has a different account (which I doubt) then he can't have a character with a name that violates the naming rules. (which is your ONLY circumstance for receiving a name change)
    If you actually want to help people, give them a straight answer based on their real problem, otherwise you just complicate things for them.
    Something like this:

The answer is NO it is not possible. Plain and simple.