unishing Sting and Frost Heads

Abra_Cadaver - Lost City
Abra_Cadaver - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
i was wondering if the punishing sting killing frost heads gets the xp for the party? all other classes can carry a bow and quickly kill the heads before they vanish, while as a mystic all i do is see the heads but can never react-shoot as fast.

i cast punishing sting and it was killing heads faster than any other character inside, but i didnt notice the xp/sp flash above my head for the kill.

can anyone confirm are i and the party getting the xp for the punishing sting kills?
Post edited by Abra_Cadaver - Lost City on

Comments

• Schellan - Dreamweaver
    Schellan - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Very good question, I'll have to test it out the next time I go in a FC. If you find out sooner then I do please post and let us know. Thanks
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Never done FC on my Mystic, but it wouldn't make any sense for it to not give exp. I mean, it gives exp for killing regular mobs, why not heads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Because punishing sting kinda auto attacks without instructions, it is actually more efficient at killing heads than humans as it spawn kills them.
  • ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear
    ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes it auto attacks the heads (shame its not an AoE attack, but still one less thing to worry about) and yes you get exp.
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    don't you need a target to cast it? by the time u target a head and cast punishing sting on it the head will have disappeared. <.< and heads pop up at random places and the range for punishing sting aint that wide, plus it only lasts 1 minute i would much rather just kill the heads with fast channeling nature's vengeance when the cleric has up rb. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes, u lose 1-2 heads every 1 min. but the flipside is, your pet can kill the thing your targetting and punishing sting will still cast, so u dont even lose it. also storm mistress' aoe will end up killing more than punishing sting anyways, you yourself will be casting too slow to do anything so its better for u to put the plant and let mistress kill everything as u try and kill a few. you are less efficient than a plant that auto kills things for 1 min.
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    everytime i get to big room i bring out stormy and feed her a full bar of mp but for some reason i never really get to use her much. mostly cuz the heads rarely pop up exactly where i'm standing to aoe the place and if they do i'd quicker think to use galeforce than stormy's aoe. also when i target a head and send stormy after it she moves so bloody slow b:infuriated i got more range on nature's vengence anyway so i just stand 1 spot and nature's vengence away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real