1v1 NPC Gear PVP Tournament (Sign-ups go here)

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
Welcome to this little tournament I've cooked up. :3

Date+Time+Location~

April 16th starting at 5pm servertime. Location will be near Sandsong at the coordinates 193, 468. Secondary location will be in Hell at the coordinates 401, 595.

UPDATE: Due to personal reasons, I will have to change the date of the event. The new date will be April 23rd at 5pm servertime. Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATE #2: 2x drops forces me to move this to April 30th.

UPDATE #3: Extended 2x drops forces me to move this to May 7th. Final reschedule, I swear.

Rules~

1. You must be level 89+ to enter.
2. This event is 1v1 and will be in an open map.
3. You must use level 70 NPC gear available from NPCs. Not mob drops. You must be showing the armor at all times.
4. Pots, charms, flying, and genies are allowed.
5. Tomes, refines, blessings, nix/herc, flesh ream on pets, and genies with attack damage skills (Bramble Rage, True Emptiness, etc.) are not allowed. If you are caught using these, you will be disqualified.
List of banned genie skills: Explosion, Blade Of Supreme Heat, Smoldering Burst, Impact, True Emptiness, Rumbling Thunder, Earth Strand, Thunderstorm, Earth Claw, Electro Dance, Dust Storm, Hollow Fist, Reflective Aura, Phoenix Dance, Bramble Rage, and Dragonfire.
6. Sins may not stealth at the start of the fight. They are allowed one stealth per fight. Use it wisely. Any stealth after the first one is considered a forfeit.
7. All matches will start out with self buffs and full chi.
8. If you interfere with other matches, you will be disqualified.
9. If you fail to show up within five minutes of your match start, you automatically forfeit the fight.
10. Do-overs will only be allocated if someone from the outside interferes with the fight.
11. The only loser bracket is for 3rd place. The two that lose to the top two will battle each other to determine who gets 3rd place.
12. Do not carry anything particularly valuable in your inventory for this. Judges will attempt to pick drops and return if you do drop, but there is no guarantee.
13. If you lose your match, you're out. No exceptions.

Event Rundown~

1. Sign-ups open on April 2nd.
2. Sign-ups close on April 12th at 11:59pm. No one will be accepted after this point.
3. Brackets will be posted on April 13th. These will be randomized.
4. Tournament starts on April 16th at 5pm. A judge will be in party with each fighter during the matches.
For Sandsong location: Since there are three platforms, we'll stage three battles at a time. Lemme give an example: Player1 and Player2 battle on the northmost platform, Player3 and Player4 on the middle platform, and Player5 and Player6 on the southmost platform. Battles should not extend over the designated platform. Everyone that isn't the combatants or the judges should be in the air on the edges of the platforms.
5. After the event is over, all prizes will be paid out to the winners.

Prize~

1st place will receive 5mil coins as their prize. 2nd place will receive 2.5mil coins as their prize. 3rd place will receive 1.25mil coins as their prize.

Sign-up~

If you wish to participate, post with the character you are going to use. Posts made by low level alts and non-characters will be ignored. Registration closes on April 12th at 11:59pm. Brackets will be posted on April 13th.

If you wish to be a judge you must be level 89+, have access to vent, and have a working microphone. Those interested should contact me through PMs on the forums with the character you are going to use.

Last Words~

Remember that this is just a jumping off point for setting up future events like this. Seeing what works and what doesn't, you know? That being said, I wish everyone the best of luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Participants (in alphabetical order):

Acky
    Azzan
    Desiree
    Devil
    Divine_Death
    Dralighte
    EmoWDF
    Garaver
    Graey_Rain
    Hudini
    Irae
    Longknife
    Marche
    Marrianna
    MazJack
    Nurfed
    Paimage
    Shawkat
    Someone_Else
    _Tetsuga_
    Vixre
    Woneo
    xShadowx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    3. There is a 500k buy-in for this event.

Holy dismembered testicles!

Also I hope you're better at counting that money than you are at numbering off your list.

3. There is a 500k buy-in for this event.
    3. You must use level 70 NPC gear available from NPCs. Not mob drops. You must be showing the armor at all times. For venos, you must use a pet that is no higher than level 70.
    4. Pots, charms, and genies are allowed.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Also I hope you're better at counting that money than you are at numbering off your list.

I fixed it, okay? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• clammier
    clammier Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you wish to participate, post with the character you are going to use and mail the buy-in to either Bronove, Hidebroshi, or Broda.

why put so much effort in a scam thats not going to work?

and even if u get people stupid enough to send u 500k then there just gonna be OP pvpers there as well and this event will never happen, then these people wont get there money back.

i think this is cuz Eoria is a valhalla marshall with +3 TT90 gears, she finally found a way to get simular gear to the rest of the guild
  • LostMyAxes - Heavens Tear
    LostMyAxes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lets all pay 500k so venos can use lvl 7x nixes (no one stops them from using lvl 100 obviously but the starters of this thread have no braincells)

since u are obviously a person who FCed himself to 100 in last 2 months u dont know this so ill tell u.

before people had OP gears nixes was the biggest QQ post. a nix will **** any npc gear while the veno runs around.

also good luck killing a 15k hp charmed barb (lvl 100 barb with npc gear) with your npc 70 weapon

god people are so stupid
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    clammier wrote: »
    why put so much effort in a scam thats not going to work?

and even if u get people stupid enough to send u 500k then there just gonna be OP pvpers there as well and this event will never happen, then these people wont get there money back.

i think this is cuz Eoria is a valhalla marshall with +3 TT90 gears, she finally found a way to get simular gear to the rest of the guild

Err...no. Noc suggested a buy-in in his post on the first thread. Since I'm not exactly the richest person in-game and I'm not about to go asking people to donate prizes, I figured it'd be a good idea and would make it worthwhile enough for everyone to participate.

Perhaps 500k is asking too much though? :/

@Person above me: Read before you post. Nixes aren't allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Niagh - Harshlands
    Niagh - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Zzz...buy-in taken out seeing as it'll only cause drama. New prizes of 5mil, 2.5mil, and 1.25mil for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places respectively.

Carry on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <----
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'll sign up.

I can also judge if need be

btw eo, i would reccomend posting this topic on all the major guolds forums (you have the list). As not everyone reads these forums.
  • Azzan - Harshlands
    Azzan - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'll be there.
  • Marrianna - Harshlands
    Marrianna - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh, me, too!
  • saramayfair2
    saramayfair2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    since u are obviously a person who FCed himself to 100 in last 2 months u dont know this so ill tell u.

In defence of Eoria. No SHE didnt FC her way to 100 in the past 2 months. She has been here for a long time and actually WORKED for her gears. This event sounds like it was well thought out and seems like alot of fun. Give her a damn break.
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    8-9 levels below everyone... Sure, why not. Ill try it out Eoria- on an alt

restating this point has a good point, you may want to post this topic on every guild's forum, as you do have a list. Not many people from HL read the HL forum
    Unban me.
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lack of some clarification.

are we allowed to fly?
    how are you gonna figure out veno's pet level?
    Mystics have pets as well, and their level is equal to player's level, so could be unfair.
    attack/defense charm allowed? you might consider these as pots.
    is Tidal Wafer accepted? its just an item in some sense, but provides non-self-buff.

oh, last thing. you said Do-over only if player is KILLED by some random person.
    what if someone just attack players? no do-over, no penalty as you speak.

another thing, lets say i have someone i want to be disqualified.
    ill just bramble rage on the opponent of that guy and he will easily be disqualified.
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sign me up for it :D it should be fun b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmoWDF - Harshlands
    EmoWDF - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    is it vs same class ?
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pet level regulation is impossible. Not to mention that many venos (like myself) would very much not want to spend 3-4 hours leveling up a new pet from 1 to 70 just for this tournament (I barely have free time to play nowadays as is). If you want to allow pets, either do no nixes and/or no flesh ream. Both are easy rules to check and regulate. Preferably the second (no flesh ream) as that is super easy to check for and most venos have long ditched their sawfly (I gave mine away at lvl ~92 when I got my second nix).

Once that's been decided, add me to the signup list.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Okay. Let me do some clarification now. And thank you Rinoa and Des for bringing up that point about the pets. I apologize. I'm still a nub sometimes. XD

1. Yes, you are allowed to fly.
    2. Atk/def charms count as charms. Wafers count as pots. Thus both are allowed.
    3. Yeah, you're right. If someone manages to interfere with a fight, it should just be automatic do-over.
    4. There will be no class-based divisions in this tournament. We can end up with like sin vs veno or mage vs mage or whatever as it will be randomized. It is a possibility for a later event though, maybe.
    5. As for venos...probably the fairest thing I can do is just plain not allow nixes and flesh ream. And scratch the part about pets being level 70 then.

I'm going to go ahead and update the first post again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <
    too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sign me up
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sign me up.

I'll even wear my lucky Groom dress thingy.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im down sign me up
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Thank you those of you that have already signed up. I'm in the process of asking higher-ups from other guilds if I can go ahead and advertise in their forums. :X

I do need to request that someone post over in Crimson's forums about this though since I was banned from there yesterday. b:laugh b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <-Sign up b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im in toob:victory
  • Azzan - Harshlands
    Azzan - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I went ahead and posted the link to this thread at Mayhem forum.
  • Bourn - Harshlands
    Bourn - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can Bourn come ?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Can Bourn come ?

Yes, of course. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Acky - Harshlands
    Acky - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm in. gogo barbs, 0o
    ..patiently waiting for fashion made for White Tigers to become available in the pwi boutique...