Best Race/classes for a noob just starting out

spakkii
spakkii Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I am new to PW and i was just wondering what would be a good race/classes for me
b:victory
Post edited by spakkii on

Comments

• Forks - Harshlands
    Forks - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    a lot will depend on what you like to play. Classes that are best for pve starting out imo are venos and now mystics. They both allow a pet to take most of the dmg for you and will keep you safe. Pretty much all classes are easy if you know how to play them but they all have different learning curves.
  • spakkii
    edited March 2011
    Thanks i wanted to become a eathguard and become a seeker but i hear there is no build yet
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    psy nothing touches you at the start..
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nothing should touch any of the ranged classes at the start.

Veno is slightly easier than Mystic at the very beginning because Veno pets automatically have aggro holding skills while Mystic pets need "chi" which need to be regenerated over time.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Untamed/Venomancer - get to hide behind pet, rarely get hit (playing a venomancer WELL is hard, but it's a good way to learn the game mechanics), levels faster than other classes until level ~40, low repair/potion expenses. Downside: have to grind to level pets.

Untamed/Barbarian - Highest HP, wanted in most instance squads. Main tank until endgame. Downside: Low damage, so slowest leveling.

Human/Blademaster - Good physical defense, decent damage. Best AOEer once all the skills are learned. Downside: poor magic defense.

Those are the three I'd recommend for beginners, the others are less forgiving of mistakes, or really mana hungry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nothing should touch any of the ranged classes at the start.

Except clerics. Being a < 20 cleric sucks balls. (Or at least it used to way back when... Maybe they finally made the undine suck less.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my seeker build is 7 str 3 dex every 2 levels. but you have low hp if you want to change your hp then take 2 points from str and add to vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • spakkii
    edited April 2011
    if you guys want to help me out online my character name is Blazebluz
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mystic, Psychic and veno are the easiest to level.

Wizards and assassins are the hardest.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^ This psychic is absolutely right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Any class can be easy! Get Jones' blessing and make some Life powders, they are easy to make and they help a lot at lower lvls. Also ask for Cleric buffs if you can (friends / faction).
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Assassin is the easiest class to play. Doesnt even need to lvl skills, just the buffs (or stun skills if you going pk) the rest is jusy spark>autohit. over and over again b:chuckle
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^ This psychic is absolutely right.

You haz invisible person above you!
  • Krizalit - Lost City
    Krizalit - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Assassin is the easiest class to play. Doesnt even need to lvl skills, just the buffs (or stun skills if you going pk) the rest is jusy spark>autohit. over and over again b:chuckle

You have no idea or you are a noob, the sins are really hard to play and lvl until 40-50, try to lvl a sin in lvl 30 only with autohits and you are a dead sin, in this lvls a sins need good combos skllls before some autohits depending of the mob, like stelath>booldpaint>wolfemblem>sleep>bleeding>ribstike>auto (this is only an example) if the mobs are magical yo need to replace takling slash for the ribstrike, so if you dont have idea STFO.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You have no idea or you are a noob, the sins are really hard to play and lvl until 40-50, try to lvl a sin in lvl 30 only with autohits and you are a dead sin, in this lvls a sins need good combos skllls before some autohits depending of the mob, like stelath>booldpaint>wolfemblem>sleep>bleeding>ribstike>auto (this is only an example) if the mobs are magical yo need to replace takling slash for the ribstrike, so if you dont have idea STFO.

This is true, but that's circumventable by getting a buddy to run you through FC. I mean OP is a new player so that may not be available to him, but I"m just sayin' :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I have a sin lvl 102 R8 3.33aps myself, that I lvled doing quests and regular way FYI. Nowadays you dont need that anymore, just a few hypers and a frost run you can get lvl 50 in one day IJS...b:shutup or maybe you have been away from the game for a while....and didnt notice...
    I have this mystic that I lvled to 9x in 2 weeks, just soloing frost with my sin, so.. dont talk about how hard is to kill a mob lvl 30...
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards and assassins are the hardest.

Wizards... Early game it's a PAIN to level them. Later it's so easy, I can grind for over 30 mins without any pots (Yeah, even mp pots are not needed). Assassins are easy to level, I just used life powder early in the game and later bloodpaint starts to heal enough when the damage goes up...

For OP -- I don't recommend starting out with a wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts