Horned Thunderclap - Hidden Abaddon boss - How do we spawn it?

Options
Darksylph - Heavens Tear
Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Ok I was recently informed about a hidden boss in Abaddon. I was already well aware of the hidden boss Demontorch Marauder in Seat of Torment, but due to the fact that unlike the FB89s, the FB99s arent copies of each other, and therefore didnt think just cause SoT had a hidden boss, that Abaddon would. Anyhow, after a discussion during a BH100 i found out there is indeed a hidden boss in Abaddon. It took me a while of browsing through ever mold in the mid 90s range to find him, but it turns out to be Horned Thunderclap.

So now, i come to the players of PWI, to ask if anyone knows how to spawn this hidden boss in Abaddon. Wondering if it is indeed similar to SoT, which would involve killing the untabbed boss, (Voidweaver in SoT, Haunted Headless for Abaddon), and then reaching & killing some tower or mob somewhere else (tower by 2nd tabbed boss Rancid Venerator in SoT, unknown for abaddon)? Am i close, or am i so far off base i cant even see it?

I tend to like to know all these little things, so any information would be appreciated. Thanks all.
Post edited by Darksylph - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You need the Demonal Documents to spawn him I do believe. I don't think the quest is really worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You need the Demonal Documents to spawn him I do believe. I don't think the quest is really worth it.

Nah, i do know the demonol documents use him for a quest. But they are not needed to spawn him. All Demonol (and Purgotol) Documents are similar to Oracles in so far as their purpose is to double/right click to use to receive a quest (different in that the reward isnt XP but rather scrolls for the Tiger's/Drake's quests).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    demonol is not needed

There are actually 2 hidden bosses in abbadon.

mountain finger spawns from killing the firefox guard south of the entrance and drops the elite leather cape... maybe it's just a wall and not spawn.. i forget

thunder clap spawns from killing the center guard in that large room north of the southwest corner.. kill only the center one or he won't spawn.

I think the south west boss is also a hidden one that only spawns after killing the mobs in that room.

I might be switching those around... it's been a while...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    demonol is not needed

There are actually 2 hidden bosses in abbadon.

mountain finger spawns from killing the firefox guard south of the entrance and drops the elite leather cape... maybe it's just a wall and not spawn.. i forget

Yeah Mountain's Finger is just blocked by a door. Typical gate guard system, never considered him 'hidden'. He's not really even a boss, the gold side flares on him are only mini-boss status. He's the Parallel of Suicidal Mass in SoT.
    thunder clap spawns from killing the center guard in that large room north of the southwest corner.. kill only the center one or he won't spawn.

Thanks, this is the information i was looking for. Now i'll have to see if i can investigate this during some Abaddon run. Guarentee BHers will be too lazy, but next tabbed run i assist on, i'm sure tab/winer would want all bosses popped. Hope the info is correct (no offense, but you just seem cloudy in your memory by the way you're talking).
    I think the south west boss is also a hidden one that only spawns after killing the mobs in that room.

I might be switching those around... it's been a while...

That the Haunted Headless. He's always up. He's the parallel to Voidweaver in SoT, in the facts that he's always up, untabbed, full boss gold flares on his name, and he's the Non-cultivation based quest boss that you get a quest for at 98 or 99.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hehe I'm only fuzzy on what does what.. but I'm sure the center guard of that room is the one that spawns something :-) He's the one across the water
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Yeah its the same room as the Quest NPC.
    Kill the mob in the top right hand corner across the lake( looking from as you enter) and that spawns Thunderclap

Edit: If you look at Maiya's map. Thunderclap then spawns in the bottom centre room with the rock formation in its middle. Pretty handy since then kill him on the way to peach
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    some more informations about the guardes and how to spawn Headless and Horned would be awsome ^^ was just in there and those are the last for getting all the scrolls for my new Axes b:dirty ...pictures would be awsome so dont have to enter more than once for them xD
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i just did both.. ill note what i figured ^^
    Headless: best u can do is get an good Cleric and Psy/Wiz/Myst with 7k hp Buffed and 10k phys def.. cleric haveto pury ALLOT ! its allways there, no guards or something needed to summon.. good luck with that1.. it suxx !!!b:angry

Horned: the Guard is in the room southwest on the map... like the last corner.. its the lvl103 towerling, dont touch any of the Peachyard guards or it will fail.. Horned itself looks a bit like an small Sonic (the WB in the swamps) / the lighting npc in 59/ the hand Boss in 3-1... pretty easy.. 2 5aps BMs pwned him pretty fast.. just lure it far away enough or the mobs will blast ur BB into pieces... and u need it bcoz the debuffs he spreads to ur squad will kill ya no matter what..

well.. its 2am thxbye.. if u have more questions: pm me ingame ^^
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Super awesome necro powers activate!
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.