Want to switch to HA TT gear

Options
Krisnda - Lost City
Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
Well, i'm lv 91 now and i was wondering about switching to TT heavy armor since i'm a sage veno and i wanted to benefit from the extra phy def i get from sage foxform, and wanted to try something different + I'm finding myself using foxform more for certain things. Currently my build is this: http://www.pwcalc.com/a3c386d2960b5a80 any and all help will be appreciated (gear, pricing, etc). Thank you all for the help in advance ^^ b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A good moderator should:
- Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
- Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
- Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
Post edited by Krisnda - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    First off, you're going to have to restat out the vit and a lot of mag, and if you haven't already, shop around for necklaces, belts and rings that give +str, +dex and/or +mag and a better tome. If you haven't already, read the sticky thread on the HA/AA build.

This is my current heavy set. It's late, so I won't post my arcane set, which is nothing special anyway. I have additional +stat equipment not in that particular set, which I can swap in if I run short on stats in the next few levels. (I still need to find a -req level 84 wrist.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea i read those (very informative btw) and i was just wondering, you know how to go about doing the whole restating/collecting the gear and such (which is why i was wondering about pricing and such, though i could look at the AH...*checks*). Plus what will i be able to do in terms of tanking once this change is complete?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • XxXJaneXxX - Raging Tide
    XxXJaneXxX - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plus what will i be able to do in terms of tanking once this change is complete?

Forget about the tanking part. Being HA does not meant that you are a tank. If you wanna tank, roll a barb. While in fox form, you won't be able to generate enough aggro to tank. Also, once you are stats max into Str, Mag, and the minimum Dex that you need, you will find yourself in situations where you can't spare any points in Vit. Your only HP increment comes from your refines and stoning.

I have been HA since 60 and had taken time to play and develop my own style of HA Veno. I am full not even full TT80 HA as i have AA Wristguard (For the +Mag instead of +Str for TT80 Wristguard and for the mdef).

Your accessories plays a VERY big part as to how you should place your stats. Planning is the key to success.

As for playing with a HA Veno, I am happy as I normally save my squads in bad situations as I can take alot more hits, tanking certain bosses when tank died, runnning after loose mobs that's on cleric, etc etc.

As for grinding, you will NEVER run out of MP or HP especially so at 89 (Sage Leech FTW). I normally use Befudding Mist, Fox Wallop, Consume Spirit, Leech and that had served me pretty well so far. I can even afford to have heals inbetween.

All in all, it depends on what kind of a HA Veno you wanna be and build your Veno towards that.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/?char=cd60f4e6b474f9b0 This will be my gear at 90. Though my cape helps out so much, its sooo expensive >_<. Which is why I have yet to refine/shard my gear, but trust me I will before I actually hit 90 ^_^ I've avoided levelling for weeks, just to farm money for making my TT90 HA. Mogwai Belt from some lv 87 quest is a really awesome belt, gives +15 to +18 stats. Most of the stuff that I'm using I already have, just need the belt lol.

I've found myself to be using foxform a lot more in recent levels too. When I was about 84, I maxed most of my fox skills for fun (except for amp and purge, whuch were already 10) but they're surprisingly helpful. Leech <3

I've been looking forward to 90 and HA since I was about 5x b:chuckle So I'm ecstatic that I'm so close! Have fun with HA :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Leech is 92, not 89 - and those other sage skills burn through mana like nobodies business (though the 79 skills eat the most.)

Still. The one and only thing stopping me going HA (pdef is sooo lovely!) is the loss in hitpoints. Losing 600HP just isn't worth it to me.

I'm not sure I'd notice the loss in magic - my spells are, frnakly, puny anyway.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    especially since your on a PK server, i would recommend demon, unless its too late already. the extra defense from sage fox over demon fox isnt all that amazing, and the anti stun summer sprint and speed boosting fox form are much more useful in open map pk than the sage versions, sage purge isnt all that usefull in the open map either, unless you are lucky enough to sneak into a group, and with all the APS around sage soul degen is only going to be really noticeable if you are soloing squad mode TT or helping on world bosses. imo sage is more TW focused where purge is almost guaranteed to hit several targets, and SS can purify heavens flame before the nukers hit.

i've been a sage HA for over a year, and its great in TW, being in a big TW faction its great, but if most of my pvp was on the map i would probably switch.

advice, get unicorn forest (2nd OHT map) open as soon as you can, and farm a forest wisdom helmet, its got +10 str and some hp and vit, is cheap to socket, and refines like g14. and its free, just takes a little bit of patience to farm.

put windshield on your genie, its a shield and an attack speed increase, keep it at level 1
    dont use a pataka, get the tt90 innocent reverie or the wheel of denial of fate, unless you want to hold off on weapon upgrading until 95 and get the lunar wand, which is a lot cheaper than it used to be. wands do less physical damage, but lunar refines really well. the gold frost glaive is also a good option, pretty much the same as the tt90 glaive but refines better

constantly check the AH for better rings than the mold rings, your magic attack will already be pretty low, and lvl 88 rings or OHT rings will improve your attack a lot, ideally, get COA rings. because they have +crit and both physical and magic attack.

allocate stats as you level to replace the stats you need from each piece of gear you plan on upgrading, if you fing yourself in fox form most of the time, stat away the points you need from the tt80 wrists, once you no longer need those stats, get the tt90 HA gold wrists so you can hit faster in fox, once you no longer need those wrists you can also switch to sea captain sleeves for casting and running once you do. also consider that your magic defense in HA is a lot lower than robes, if you can replace your two physical ornaments with magic ornaments, your defenses will be a lot more well rounded.

plan ahead, and look at all your options, including lunar armor.

i changed vedovis's build a little bit, weapon rings, and a couple stat points
    http://pwcalc.com/bbb694108c46e553
    the rings go for about 12m a piece on HT, and the weapon about the same clean.

dont start getting squeemish about 12m for a piece of gear now, 90+ stuff starts getting expensive, but on the bright side, you shouldnt have to replace the rings, they're pretty optimal for HA venos. and the weapon should last a while too.

hope it helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Concerning tanking: you can tank the damage from physical attack only bosses, but you've got no real way to hold aggro from DDs anywhere near your level. However, that doesn't mean you can't fill in when a better tank isn't available. I have tanked (in heavy fox) Jewelscalen, Dragon of the Depths and (just this past weekend) Krimson. (Nearly 9k pdef in foxform, cleric and BM buffs added 2k+ each for a buffed pdef of over 14k; debuffed, it dropped to 4k+. The faction 9x BM who buffed me wasn't available to tank because his alt needed the boss.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great information guys/gals ^^. 1. Yea, its too late for demon, I'm a sage veno and i like being a sage veno (don't do much pvp anyways). 2. Alternatively, couldn't i "waste" the stat points that ill get from 92-99 or so (about 45 stat points), and dump them into str? and do you think that would help with restating because i wouldn't have to move as many points? Also, I didn't mean "tanking" that literally, I just meant that i would be able to be a more effective veno because i would be able to fight phy mobs as well as magic mobs. One more thing, do you guys think that it would be the same to go with 2-3 star HA (and just refine it) instead of TT armor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TT90 had better defense than any 3* you will find, even if you find something with 3 +pdef adds, tt90 will give you better magic defense, and the +vit and HP adds make up for a lot of the lost HP from the low vit. the other advantage of TT is that all 4 pieces require the same stats, so there isnt a need to mess around with stats for each piece.

you never want to just dump stats, at 100 if you want to keep all your gear up to date, every single stat point will count. constantly resetting stat points when you hit an unexpected bump can get expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow, thanks Sasha for the advice :) The rings do look pretty amazing, with the combined +6% crit rate and magic/physical attack increase. Guess I should start farming harder b:chuckle

Edit: I am now the proud owner of an aquadash! Guess refining and sharding my HH90gear will have to wait a bit longer... :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Concerning tanking: you can tank the damage from physical attack only bosses, but you've got no real way to hold aggro from DDs anywhere near your level. However, that doesn't mean you can't fill in when a better tank isn't available. I have tanked (in heavy fox) Jewelscalen, Dragon of the Depths and (just this past weekend) Krimson. (Nearly 9k pdef in foxform, cleric and BM buffs added 2k+ each for a buffed pdef of over 14k; debuffed, it dropped to 4k+. The faction 9x BM who buffed me wasn't available to tank because his alt needed the boss.)

While I haven't been bored enough to try tanking Krimson....all the bosses above can be tanked on an AA veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Too add to these Ive Tank all of Fb 69 & 79 plus sliverfrost & Kong all in foxform all HA (with no AA ) with other dd's in the team it can be done but very hard to keep arggo b:surrender am the make shift fill in tank in my fact LOL

Ive been Ha since lvl 1 all the way to 100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Too add to these Ive Tank all of Fb 69 & 79 plus sliverfrost & Kong all in foxform all HA (with no AA ) with other dd's in the team it can be done but very hard to keep arggo b:surrender am the make shift fill in tank in my fact LOL

Ive been Ha since lvl 1 all the way to 100
    And you had to plan your stats from 1-100? Or did u have like a certain build that u made?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And you had to plan your stats from 1-100? Or did u have like a certain build that u made?

pretty much stated to the next lvl armour I need and i used belts neckleaces robes rings etc etc that all have dex str or magic in them( without any restats has of yet) i can get upto 25k phy def with cleirc & Bm buffs with sage foxform

I have to watch what Rings belt necklaces i use otherwise may or maynot be able to wear some of gears
    TT 99 are nexted on the list for Mara If i can but alot shopping around for right robe rings necklace and belt is needed

magic mobs can hurt abit thou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    While I haven't been bored enough to try tanking Krimson....all the bosses above can be tanked on an AA veno.

Krimson is one of those 'meh' bosses. I've seen Krimson 2 shot a 100 Sin, and then minutes later, he got 3 shot by a 101 Archer with mildly refined R8 bow.

So... Krimson... Yeah. I don't like him. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level