Soul Transfusion Death??

ajerbajah
ajerbajah Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
I was attacking just a normal everyday mob one time just minding my own business and my MP got pretty low. It was under 50 so I used Soul Transfusion to get some more back and suddenly I was dead. There were no other mobs around and I did not have aggro. The only explanation I could think of is that my MP was so low that using the skill killed me. Anybody have any thoughts?
Post edited by ajerbajah on

Comments

• Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If your mana was at 0, perhaps. I never let my mana get that low (I usually flip at about 20-25%), so I can't speak from experience. Also, if there was any kind of DoT on you, such as poison or bleed, that would have done it.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm.. should test that out sometime :o I'm not planning on getting to 90 anytime soon anyway xD

You should've checked your damage log btw... it shows you the damage you do and receive, it usually clears up a lot. Also if you're on a pvp server that could explain a lot. I once got "shot" in cube and had no idea what hit me because I didn't see anything. Checked my log and seems I was pk-ed. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i soul transfuse at zero MP every now and then --- basically, whenever i think it safe to run myself completely out of mana and so don't much care to watch that blue bar. so far, the channeling+casting time of soul transfuse is always enough for my MP pool to refill by a tick or two, and i end up with a slight bit of HP post-switch thanks to that.

mind, i'm not sure what might happen if --- say --- one tried that while under a mana-drain debuff, for instance. and/or a bleed, as noted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ajerbajah
    edited March 2011
    I am sure I didn't have any DoT effects on me and hadn't taken any previous damage but I didn't check the damage log...probably would've helped lol. Wasn't PvP though I'm on a PvE server
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thats weird. i have a HP charm so i cant test it out with the 0 mana thing

but a way to prevent it, is if you use Nature's Grace first (MP skill) transfer, then use Metabolic Boost (HP skill) to recover the rest of your HP. thats what i do (with both skills maxed) so when i switch it does not tick my charm. only downside is that you can only do it every 5 mins XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • ajerbajah
    edited March 2011
    thats weird. i have a HP charm so i cant test it out with the 0 mana thing

but a way to prevent it, is if you use Nature's Grace first (MP skill) transfer, then use Metabolic Boost (HP skill) to recover the rest of your HP. thats what i do (with both skills maxed) so when i switch it does not tick my charm. only downside is that you can only do it every 5 mins XD

I usually use that method but Nature's Grace was in cooldown so I figured I'd just tick my charm...unfortunately it didn't work out quite as planned b:beatup
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    doesn't work .__.
    mp regen rate is too fast~
    And when I got my mp finally to like 7, soul transfuse wouldn't work although it doesn't say there's a MP requirement >:O
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    anyone can tell me a specifix mob that does only mana drain on range and no poison and such? I want to try out if something happens with manadrain o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    when you have low mp regen, and u switch, u do die.
  • Rasis - Lost City
    Rasis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In my 3 years as a veno, that has never happened to me and I even think it's near impossible to die like that. The reason I think so it's because even if i have exactly 0 mp, which would be hard to get too, by the time I press the right button and the switch is over I would have recovered at least 1 mp, even if I was in combat mode.

Nevertheless, the times I have carelessly used soul transfusion with very low mp, and then getting hit by an aoe or mob to cause my death, have been many. b:pleased
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Still looking for a mob that does only manadrain on range b:surrender
    far as I know the mobs in fb39 that do manadrain also do poison attack .-. (if I'm not mistaken)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Someone could PVP another veno and have Malefic Crush used by the other to test manadrain/soul transfusion death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still looking for a mob that does only manadrain on range b:surrender
    far as I know the mobs in fb39 that do manadrain also do poison attack .-. (if I'm not mistaken)

Try: Cloudmelding Vipion 437 853(26); while i was getting fruit from them they always drained mana.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Try: Cloudmelding Vipion 437 853(26); while i was getting fruit from them they always drained mana.

Unfortunately they do poison to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    your mp regen is too fast >.>
    theres a few genie moves that have mp drain.. malfic crush too.. umm that wizzy move i forgot what's it called D: i think it was Skill
    Elemental Invocation .. hmm there's a lot :P
    I wouldn't try it on a mob tho.. <_<
    cause when you get near to 0, you soul trans.. and well it kills you xD
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Hmm.. malefic crush in pvp would be a good idea yeh :D

and I dun care to try it on mobs.. I'm at 0% atm and don't plan on lvling anyway untill I got my TT90 gear farmed ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only time I've ever died immediately after a transfusion, was when I stupidly did it with poison on me, rofl.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~