Vit Build...?

EatDreams - Heavens Tear
EatDreams - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Well, i started a Mystic yesterday, and I'm using the following build every two levels:

Mag + 7
Str + 1
Vit + 2

So i was wondering if i should cap the Vit, and if i should, when? So i can put more points in Mag, so, if anyone also uses a Vit build, help me please b:thanks
Post edited by EatDreams - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• suzaninha
    suzaninha Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Iam a lvl 94 Mystic vit build. Right now I have 100 pt on vit, which helps a lot. The vit build is really good for begginers lvls I would say 1-80, it prevents you to be 1 shot kill, but on higher lvls equips starts to give good bonus and as far mystic heals and damage are based on your magic points, I would say that pure magic is the way to go at end game build. Now that all my skills are lvl 10 I need more magc points to get better so I will reset vit points and add to magic, but I have no regrets whatsoever to lvl a vit mystic.b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Vit build is very viable for mystics, even endgame, unless you have all gears +12 or something.

Your pets gain more hp from vit, but gain nothing from more mag.

Thicket does not depend on your mag value, so you do the same damage whether you have 1000 MAG or 1 MAG.

In PVP a vit mystic makes a better healer, because you can survive the focus fire. The only exception to this is if the enemy is able to out-dps your break in clouds + falling petals spam, which is unlikely if you have equal gear. Even then, someone who is able to do that much damage will likely kill you before that stun wears off, anyway.

Vit mystics will depend more on using thicket and relying on their pets. Pure mag is still the best DD however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Your pets gain more hp from vit, but gain nothing from more mag.

More magic = more magic attack = more physical/magic attack for pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • EatDreams - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    The thing is: Im worried about my MP pool. From what i've heard, and saw on this 2nd day of playing, Mystics wastes MP like food, and the Res buff consumes almost half of it. But thanks for the advice and i will keep going on. b:victoryb:victoryb:pleased
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Pet's attack is not based on your magic attack. It is based on the weapon damage from your gears only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my mystics stuff isnt the best in the world. i wont have nirvana, maybe not rank, and if im too lazy then probably not even tt99 xD

that being said, the VIT build does me wonders. i can afford decent refines and decent shards, so that helps out the build as well. my VIT is 100 clean, and rest on magic (with min STR of course). by level 90 i think ill have somewhere around 5.5k hp ...

it really depends on the gears you will be wearing and how high your refines are going to be. if you are getting nirvana or even high refined tt99/rank 8 you may be better off with a pure magic build for the even more extra DMG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I couldn't stress this enough.
    Honestly, I can't see any advantage in having a vit build. At least NOT on a Mystic. I see advantages for venos or clerics for example, but not psys, wizzies and mystics neither. And I don't have anything against vit, on the contrary, when I got R8 + 5 on my cleric, I restated to 150 base vit for pvp purposes. Now she has 6.3k hp unbuffed and quite alot of pdef. And she still does nice damage. (Did this cause I know clerics are the favourite target in TW, and I wanted to survive physical types of gankings and actually survive to be able to heal my cata puller)
    But a Mystic is totally something different.
    Cause, as Caterpie said, summons' attacks are based off your magic attack. Secondly, you can heal/shield yourself, you have a pdef/mdef buff, and more of that through Leeches, and finally, you don't need an insane HP pool if you combine everything.
    Not to mention Mystics can reach an insane amount of magic attack by combining cleric buff + triple spark+ storm leech + rapid growth. So, I rather take full advantage of this ability by going pure mag.
    And finally... as everyone noticed, we are the biggest mana suckers you could ever see, so having the most MP you can get is defintely an advantage too.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pet's attack is not based on your magic attack. It is based on the weapon damage from your gears only.

Just tested it, and you're right. My mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
    edited March 2011

And finally... as everyone noticed, we are the biggest mana suckers you could ever see, so having the most MP you can get is defintely an advantage too.

That's what I was worried about, cause really, I already suck a lot of MP at level 22, so i was wondering at high levels.
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Vit build is really good in the lower levels, that extra hp and def saves me from death on some BH39 squads with people who don't know what they're doing there, and don't even bother to help you. Also, since the pet attack is based on weapon, it's good to have some Vit so your summon can tank a little better (the summon hp/def is based on you or your gear?).

I capped my vit in 50, and I don't know if I'll put more, I'm still looking foward to check higher instances like TT and see if I'll need more vit to survive.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's what I was worried about, cause really, I already suck a lot of MP at level 22, so i was wondering at high levels.

Well, so I really advise you going pure mag. The mana drain won't get better at higher lvls. I'm 94 with 9.7k mana, and I'm still a mana vampire and drink lvl 75 event pots like blood <.<
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yuck. my mystic is lvl 20 b:victory but later on i will be able to wear some of my veno gear. i plan on going pure magic and hope for the best.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just get a bunch of +mp regen gear for mana, i barely hit pots and can still heal/dd fine with vit build.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think a vit bild is viaable i never tried it but i think the concept is sound. vit give more hp for pets pets can thus tank better and it MIGHT allow for soloing of TT (if it isn't possible from a pure mag build that is). if using for soloing pve this could be a very viaable method. to offset the lower attack power, you'd need to refine your weapon however and even then you still wouldn't have as much damage as a pure build who also refined. me personally, i would gun for it. i'm a defence kinda guy. i don't mind taking longer to kill something.

is for the mana situation, i would just let the pet do most of the attacking. using absorb soul every now and then.
    edited March 2011
    Guess i shall train Apothecary then, so i can live with my own pots. I've came to the conclusion that I'm gonna keep up the Vit till I think I'm going to need +Matk.

Great thanks to everyone, finally i can focus on leveling without be concerned about buying a reset, yay! b:pleasedb:thanks

And finnaly got my Stom Mistress, now I'm going to speed up leveling a little bit b:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you are soloing most of the game's content I think Vit build is good. If, however, you duoing the game or generally play with others often/most of the time, Pure Mag is the way to go.

I'm always playing with my soulmate so I have to heal two people (3 with summon included). I have to buff two people and I often need to my plants multiple times. Sometimes I need to use Salvation,too.
    That eats up a lot of MP compared to if I was soloing so I went pure mag with 8450 MP and 2303 HP at lvl 70.

I also believe more magic points -> higher attack -> better heals -> more HP healed -> equal to Vit/Defence and lower magic. In PvP/TW it's different case though. I have no experience there.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guess i shall train Apothecary then, so i can live with my own pots. I've came to the conclusion that I'm gonna keep up the Vit till I think I'm going to need +Matk.

Great thanks to everyone, finally i can focus on leveling without be concerned about buying a reset, yay! b:pleasedb:thanks

And finnaly got my Stom Mistress, now I'm going to speed up leveling a little bit b:dirty

Nah, keep with the devil, storm mistress costs too much mana to attack, she's very situational (apparently, she's good to attack great groups and deal a lot of damage on bosses, so you'll probably use her better on bh when you're the DD and in FC)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my vit build has been helpful in FC, not only because of the AOE bosses but i have stolen aggro quite a few times from pulls and it has really helped me out in keeping myself alive xD

I have nothing against the pure magic build, but everyones playstyle is different. VIT build is not ew or fail, its just as good in its own way like the magic build is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character