Rapid Growth Skill Discussion

Options
Yui_ - Harshlands
Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Title says it all, Lets discuss this skill.

How do you guys incorporate it? Do you find that you spam it on every cooldown on bosses?
Or perhaps to finish off someone in pvp?

Or do you find it plain useless! b:chuckle

Lets hear your input mystics on this skill!
YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
Post edited by Yui_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i use it every time i spark. i probably should use it more than i do, but its rare.

then again mine is only lvl 3 right now, i need to upgrade it more before spamming it is really worth it, in my opinion ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its the only skill I haven't learned. Don't intend to until I have absolutely no other skills to learn. The only time I use sparks is on Oceania Master where aoe is death, since I can do way more damage using them with Thicket or Craglord in pretty much every other situation I can think of.

8 sec of -20% chan and 100% wep dmg at cost of 30 chi and only every 30 seconds seems like such a situational skill that I can't really think of a use for it. It would be right at home with several lv100 skills of dubious utility to me. I can think of several better ways to use 30 chi lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seems like everyone has a different view of the same skill ^o^
    Personally, I'm totally addicted to this skill. I have it lvl 10 (like every single other skill I have, but I mean that skill was one of my priorities). Basically, on a boss, I use it every time the cooldown lets me use it, and I love to sometimes wait to have 2 sparks and 30 chi at least, to double spark+ rapid growth since it stacks. This combo gives me 13338-15194 base magic attack, this is why I like to abuse it :) (I took a SS to check) In general, I use it when I need a magic attack boost. I agree that when you don't have to much money and can't get all your skills lvl 10 asap like I did, you certainly have more important skills to max before Rapid Growth, but since I had the money and spirit, I didn't hesitate and I don't regret it :)
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i haven't used this skill much but i can see it's DD potential. i would leeach strom mistress and then use this skill to make the most of the time i have on the buff. thhe same goes for spark. assuming that a leeched strom mistrss can stack with spark, this skill may be pretty awsome damage. but it may not be partical to waste valuable time buffing yourself when your buff timers are running. would be nice if a high level mystic could test this out
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've just made a test for you Outlaw :D
    I did this without cleric buff and I had 6615-7534 base magic attack.
    Then I Leeched my lvl 10 Storm Mistress, Doubled Sparked, and used lvl 10 Rapid Growth. It got me to 14376-16374 magic attack. Could have been more with Cleric buff :p

Oh and yeah, all the buffs you can get from Leeching your summons are stackable with similar buffs, so Mistress does stack with Sparks and Rapid Growth.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've just made a test for you Outlaw :D
    I did this without cleric buff and I had 6615-7534 base magic attack.
    Then I Leeched my lvl 10 Storm Mistress, Doubled Sparked, and used lvl 10 Rapid Growth. It got me to 14376-16374 magic attack. Could have been more with Cleric buff :p

Oh and yeah, all the buffs you can get from Leeching your summons are stackable with similar buffs, so Mistress does stack with Sparks and Rapid Growth.

lol ummm ok just making sure, those munbers are the figures in your stats in the character page? if so, OMFGO_O why didn't you smack something with it to see the damage that could be dealt lol?

if another mystic is taging along keeping natures vengeance buff on target, absorb soul would be smexy (if you have channeling gear>_>)
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol ummm ok just making sure, those munbers are the figures in your stats in the character page? if so, OMFGO_O why didn't you smack something with it to see the damage that could be dealt lol?

if another mystic is taging along keeping natures vengeance buff on target, absorb soul would be smexy (if you have channeling gear>_>)

Yes, it's the number shown on my character stat window. And no, I didn't try to smack something with it, I only tested this out somewhere in the middle of north arch just to see the number xD
    I can't wait to get my Sage Spark :'( If I did what I've tested wth cleric buff on + Sage Spark, it would have been much more xD
    Btw, I'm pure mag build and currently have 454 magic.

Btw, I currently have -21% channeling on gear, without Rapid Growth's bonus. I should reach over -33% on gear when I reach lvl 100 :)

Edit: I've just tested this same combo in FC, with cleric buff this time, and my magic attack was 15200-17313.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Oh, it is. :3

Double Spark + (level 8) Storm Leech alone (Don't have any chi pots/Cloud Eruption to stack it with Rapid Growth) I can hit 3.2k+ on equal leveled Arcanes in PvP at level 61. Haven't tested it in PvE yet, but I'll try and find a mob I can hit with it to test it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • suzaninha
    suzaninha Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I use the skill a lot with absorb soul. Usually I use Natural vengeance>Spark>Rapid grown>Absorb soul. It deal a lot of damage and the channeling is not bad, I have -36% channeling on equips which -20% of rapid grown make absorb soul channeling to 2.5 seconds +/-. When they update the demon spark will even get better with -25% channeling and the addtional -10% of demon rapid grown you can get Absorb soul channeling to 1 second. And as Absorb soul has a really quick cooldown, you probably can cast it a few times before demon spark cast off. b:dirty
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh, it is. :3

Double Spark + (level 8) Storm Leech alone (Don't have any chi pots/Cloud Eruption to stack it with Rapid Growth) I can hit 3.2k+ on equal leveled Arcanes in PvP at level 61. Haven't tested it in PvE yet, but I'll try and find a mob I can hit with it to test it out.

I was really hoping this thread would turn out this way. b:pleased

I love when skills that many people overlook are discussed at length. It's where new combos come from and new ways of playing/powning.

Here's a question, What do you other mystics find you spend you chi on most often in PvP and PvE?

Perhaps your energy leech on every cool down? Or mabye you spamm Rapid growth in conjunction with sparks?

Maybe your the type of mystic that enjoys saving your sparks and popping Cragglord or Thicket every chance you get?

Lets here your favorite combos and discuss there validity in pvp and pve situations. b:victory
    edited March 2011
    Options

I love when skills that many people overlook are discussed at length. It's where new combos come from and new ways of playing/powning.

Here's a question, What do you other mystics find you spend you chi on most often in PvP and PvE?

Perhaps your energy leech on every cool down? Or mabye you spamm Rapid growth in conjunction with sparks?

Maybe your the type of mystic that enjoys saving your sparks and popping Cragglord or Thicket every chance you get?

Lets here your favorite combos and discuss there validity in pvp and pve situations. b:victory

to me, it's only woth using combos like that if your fighting bosses or mini bosses. normal mobs just fall on the first volley, then you gatta run to another mob. i would consider it of the mobs are in extremely close proximity but some places, doing this is just a big no no, like the mobs arounf tusk town.

whould be nice if someone showed the damage from the following combos
    1. leech storm>rapid growth>2 spark (3 spark if you have pots or a veno transfering chi) after this use any natures vengance and absorb soul.

2. leech storm> rapid growth> thicket

3 leech storm> rapid growth> cragglord >

would love to know how much these combos dish out lol
    edited March 2011
    Options

In PvE, everytime I get 3 sparks, it's: Storm Leech + double spark + rapid growth.
    In PvP, I always start leeching a summon, but the one I leech is totally dependant on the opponent. Then, always Rapid Growth, knockback if it's a melee opponent then Thicket.
    Or Leech + double spark + cloud eruption + Rapid Growth + Bramble Tornado + Thicket.
    If the opponent is an arcane person, replace Bramble with NV and Thicket with Absorb Soul.
    But again, I'm already Sage so I have 3 sparks, and I have Cloud Eruption on genie, so it's easier to make this kind of combos that take alot of chi.
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In PvE, everytime I get 3 sparks, it's: Storm Leech + double spark + rapid growth.
    In PvP, I always start leeching a summon, but the one I leech is totally dependant on the opponent. Then, always Rapid Growth, knockback if it's a melee opponent then Thicket.
    Or Leech + double spark + cloud eruption + Rapid Growth + Bramble Tornado + Thicket.
    If the opponent is an arcane person, replace Bramble with NV and Thicket with Absorb Soul.
    But again, I'm already Sage so I have 3 sparks, and I have Cloud Eruption on genie, so it's easier to make this kind of combos that take alot of chi.

Yeah sage as well here.

Can't wait for our triple spark. b:dirty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL damn i fail i was thinking mystics had 3 sparks lol forgot it isn't impalmented yet lol
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i use rapid growth all the time hehe! even in rotflesh trench public quests i use it to kill mobs there faster and catch up to first place! (but then when they notice they always try to ks my kills to prevent itb:sad)
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Maithal - Harshlands
    Maithal - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Demon tripple spark, R8 +10 weapon, G11 stones, Rapid Growth absorb soul should do 47,456 base damage, throw on NV and HF and you are looking at 189,825 also with 78% chaneling.

Now for Demon Tripple, R9 +12, G12 stones, Rapid Growth and Storm Leech, absorb soul, ready for an insane number? 72,101 base Damage NV+HF and it goes to 288,407, Channeling is way lower though 15% base with 20% Rapid and 25% Spark is only 60%

Also to Burnout told you they would figure out triple spark absorb, also i did not include tomes in any of my calculation so BIDs does more then Thicket by a bit more now. On the bright side Absorb Soul does even more damage.

As a side note does it really include your player level when taking into acound weapon damage?