How many 100+

Options
Hl/ - Harshlands34
Hl/ - Harshlands34 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Psychic
So how many 100+ Psychics on are YOUR server?

Harshlands has 14.
Yes.
Just 14.

The highest level, (of course) is that OP urDian fish guy, followed close second by the ever-infamous Longknife.

So what about your server? Do YOU know how many 100+ Psychics there are? You'd be surprised at the shortage.
Post edited by Hl/ - Harshlands34 on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    followed close second by the ever-infamous Longknife.

Lies.

Lies and slander.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i would bet my sphere that just in mine and another faction there are more than 14, 100+ psychics
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Lonzooo - Harshlands
    Lonzooo - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    srsly? only 14 on Harshlands? where you got that info from, ranking pages down atm or are they up again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the second guy in pvp ranking still too far away from me....... RT rocks !! b:chuckle
    RT's psys **** shyz
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet there are 20 or more on Lost City. However, I completely agree with the OP's premise: We are a rare class indeed. My faction only has 6 psychics total. b:sad In the tiger event on Mondays, if you just get 2,000 contribution you will get a prize and make "top 20" because there are fewer than 20 of us competing. b:chuckle

I explained psychic game play to my wife like this: We may not have the damage output of a wizard when comparing our ultimates, but what we do have is a plethora of "**** you off" skills:

- Disturb Soul for enemy robes (+80% channel time for 15 seconds, lol)
    - Psychic Will for physical damage immunity
    - An AoE purify / heal
    - Soulburn for rapidly killing an APS'er or a Phoenix
    - Soul of Retaliation for purging venos, throwing a "BIDS" on a wizard, etc.
    - Soul of Silence to seal attackers
    - Soul of Vengeance to eat away at Phoenixes (and poke APS classes as they hit us)
    - Empowered Vigor / White Voodoo to make us hard to kill
    - An AoE 6-second stun, an AoE 3-second stun, an AoE "freeze" skill, an AoE accuracy debuff, etc.

Played correctly, we have the highest number of ranged crowd-control skills of any class. We can 1v1 pretty much anyone and do okay (more than I can say for my wizard vs. assassins hehe). I don't understand why there aren't more psychics out there, but I kinda like the uniqueness of the class.

One thing I do know: There must have been a lot of fail psychics out there when the class first came out. I think the players who frosted to 80+, but had absolutely no idea how to play the class, ruined our reputation in squads. Thankfully, it seems like that reputation is slowly turning around...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also, it seems that 99% of the Tideborn are just ***-backwards ret@rded. I'd assume this is why many of them don't survive leveling a Psychic, and even many of those that do still dunno wtf is going on.

If you often use triple spark as a Psy, go kill yourself.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also, it seems that 99% of the Tideborn are just ***-backwards ret@rded. I'd assume this is why many of them don't survive leveling a Psychic, and even many of those that do still dunno wtf is going on.

I love triple sparking. . .

Once a week when I get over 3 sparks
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Probably less than 30. I rarely ever squad with ANY lvl psy with any of my characters that I sometimes think I'm like the only one left.

I can only name a few other psy's on my server due to the tiger event lol, which since they got r9 I'm no longer coming in 1st so easily. Since I can't sell the insignias anymore anyways, more power to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • AegisGray - Heavens Tear
    AegisGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    O_o Interesting; I had thought everyone and their mother had a Psychic. But you’re saying Most don’t continue to play them at higher levels?
    Finding Solutions to many of your problems starts by looking in the mirror and accepting a small measure of responsibility
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd say that's accurate. It's rare for me to come across one except in an FB or Frost every once in a while. Everybody and their mother has an assassin these days since they are so good at farming instances for money (and they're pretty good at PK too :P ).
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    O_o Interesting; I had thought everyone and their mother had a Psychic. But you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • Zohar - Heavens Tear
    Zohar - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [ QUOTE=AegisGray - Heavens Tear;12506661 ]O_o Interesting; I had thought everyone and their mother had a Psychic. But you

o__o . . . ?

I’m ridiculously interested in what you had to say now . . .

-edit- And why is it requiring me to edit my post, each time, in order to get my full text posted?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the second guy in pvp ranking still too far away from me....... RT rocks !! b:chuckle
    RT's psys **** shyz

I'd totally be at 20k kills if I wasn't too much of a pusseh to go red name.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not letting me type posts >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ess has 10 100+ psys and another is doing duo frost to 100 right now
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We have..... a good number on Sanctuary but also a lot of "pet psychics" who were hypered to 100 and then forgotten about or left ungeared. Also a lot of psy quit on Sanc because they don't get a grasp of how to play by 80 and get frustrated with frequent deaths.

In my faction we regularly have 10 psyfish and I believe we have the most in a TW type faction. b:sad

PS. You can have three sparks at once? OMG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hello lvl 101 psy and sick of playing a psy key word PSYCHIC cant see lower lvl sin's . sick of being pk lower lvl sin's about to stop play psy for that.once stun your dead meat
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    did u guys forget? not many ppl chose psy because they all went sin because nearly everyone saw the 5aps high crit potential to kill **** by facerolling the keyboard.

that potential came to light and now more and more ppl are just going sin over psy. thats why the day the tideborn came out (on HT atleast) the starter land was out numbered with a mass ammount of sins by 10:2b:shocked. was annoying seeing so many sins, but atleast it makes psy more unique. in +12 full rank 9 gear they are still the 2nd most OP class in the game, and not that far behind sins either in there OPness.

we all should be lucky we dont see alot of them...

imo even tho wizzard have higher hitting skills, they just dont compare to a psy. but the tideborns in general are a great pvp class. i think what the devs idea was to make a pvp oriented race in RT expansion and a pve oriented race in the genesis expansion.
  • Hl/ - Harshlands35
    Hl/ - Harshlands35 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    srsly? only 14 on Harshlands? where you got that info from, ranking pages down atm or are they up again?

Actually, no. I ran around and checked every Psychic with a Soulsphere that I recognized. You can easily tell a 100+ Psychic from everybody else if you actually bother to look.

.....urDian's gear makes me want to shoot myself. T.T I honestly felt like I was looking at the Jesus of Psychics....then again, I have yet to stalk Hypnos or Lucifer.

....Longknife, you disappoint me. b:quiet

Edit: I find it ironic how the Mystic dares to call us OP. At least we don't Zombie Rez, ijs.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Idk really, i don't bother much at looking at whose top lvl, so far i know ones LuciferV and another is full red named Sscramenton or something like that, idk seen him around places. There is a lot of fail 70's tho. b:shutupb:surrender
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Question is - how many 100+ psy MAINS now xD All those alt-fc, you know...~
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Question is - how many 100+ psy MAINS now xD All those alt-fc, you know...~
    luckily i know some 100+ psychics on my server like this smexy fishy hereb:cute
    b:bye

greetz harm0wnie

ps: where the hell is ThanosQrt he's desperately waiting for frostblade buff ^^
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Psychic main here, switched from (now mostly retired) cleric and barb.
    One of the most versatile classes in the game, psychic survival is about timing buffs and bursts of damage more than simple high def/hp or the ability to spam heal. Our crowd control and supplemental healing abilities can make good dungeon runs or battles easier and save bad ones from disaster.

There are lots of 100+ psys, lots of them are alts that don't really get used and lots more don't really know how to use all their skills (I am still learning, lol).

*jumps on Sword Tamer*

I triple spark all the time b:chuckle

(To regain mp while killing umpteen bajillion wuss mobs for OHT dailies, faction base dailies, and random dq drops. To waste apothecary stuff randomly killing culti bosses for lowbies 3spark>whitetea>frenzy>ep>redtide>lol. My favorite is delta though, I know the attack aura overwrites it, but it's more for when you are pulling too much aggro anyway and need more immune time between psy wills, with sage emp vigor that 3 sec of extra spark immunity can give time for my charm to tick, and it's another purification skill to use when the aoe poison and stun/seal waves hit.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Psychics are a great class, the only problem is that you need to know what you are doing. Damage dealing is great but surviving is hard is all you do is frost. PVP is the hardest part in a FFC baby psy, once they go out there feeling all high and mighty with attack lvl + what ever u might have. Most players forget your defense turns to sht and then rage on how squishy the class is. PSY's are not squishy, only stupid players might the class appear so xD. Proud to say my psy is now my main and not planning to change that anytime soon b:pleased.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Psychics are greatest in pk b:thanks
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bump b:bye
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I seriously could not imagine playing another class. I find the Psy just an all around fun class. Even though PVP is more my thing they are also the most fun class I've ever played in PVE too. AOE hyper grinding is even fun. I couldn't even imagine wanting to TW on a different class ever again.

I honestly don't know how many 100+ psys are on our server but considering our server is pretty much dead probably not too many active ones :(
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I seriously could not imagine playing another class. I find the Psy just an all around fun class. Even though PVP is more my thing they are also the most fun class I've ever played in PVE too. AOE hyper grinding is even fun. I couldn't even imagine wanting to TW on a different class ever again.

I honestly don't know how many 100+ psys are on our server but considering our server is pretty much dead probably not too many active ones :(

Posting from a 102 sin avatar doesn't really help your first statement lol.

Should try TW on a wiz then. It's like psy but with bigger, harder-hitting aoes, blink, and seal. Also an amazing class to TW on. I'm sure archers are also fun.
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Posting from a 102 sin avatar doesn't really help your first statement lol.

Should try TW on a wiz then. It's like psy but with bigger, harder-hitting aoes, blink, and seal. Also an amazing class to TW on. I'm sure archers are also fun.

Hmm...not sure about the Sin avatar, I've never played a sin and no desire to, lol. My psy is the 102. But anyways, I have a 101 cleric on 2 diff servers, a 90+ wiz on Arch server and an 80+ Archer on one server. While playing the wiz I decided to just goof around and try out a psy since both the wiz and the psy could wear my cleric's gear. After I started the psy, FOR ME, there was no comparison. I found the wiz to be just so boring comparatively. Again, just my opinion for me :)
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Finally hit 100 on my psychic after like, a year of playing her b:victoryb:victory

she's my main too :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]