Genie skills for sin

NovaZxR - Archosaur
NovaZxR - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin
wat genie skills suitable for sin???can some1 tell me b:puzzled .......
Post edited by NovaZxR - Archosaur on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm a PvE sin, and I use a 73/90 LP Longevity genie. It has 45 vit, 50 magic, 20 dex (15 base), and the rest are into str (55 or something). It has no gear yet.

The skills on it are:
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison
    Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    Wind Shield
    Absolute Domain

You could switch out EP with Frenzy, but that's more of a solo-choice. EP helps more in squads, and for all types of DD.

But when I solo, I have a 50/70 Zeal genie with the same stats as above (only much less dex) with skills:

Earthflame
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison.

But that's about it for PvE. If you're wondering about PvP, I can't help you there b:sad
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im a fan of using frenzy while the target is stunned, but its risky because of how much it cripples your already frail defense. Apart from that occult ice and bramble rage are also very popular choices for pvp geanies
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    [Second Wind] has saved my *** innumerable times.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Extreme Poison.

Skusemewha?
    We already have a skill that does that, it's called Subsea Strike. b:beatup
    [Second Wind] has saved my *** innumerable times.

Heck to the yes! I've been sporting that around since BH39 <3
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    @Typhyse Yes, but you have no spark when you spark to DD. Sparking and DDing when you have a high attack rate has more damage output than Subsea Strike to attacking. Sure you could Subsea to Inner Harmony to spark to auto attack, or spark to IH to Subsea to auto attack, but that takes off at least 2-3 seconds off of the debuff or the spark time.

Subsea lasts the same time as level 10 EP with a 20 dex genie (unless it's demon), and yes it's 10% more damage, but EP is spammable, and doesn't interrupt your attacking. The 2-3 seconds you could be damage dealing by auto attacking using EP instead of subsea is tremendous, if you have 5 attacks per second when sparked.

That's one reason why I use EP more often. I use Subsea more often if I'm in a squad.

Not only this, but Subsea has a rather long cooldown. And when you're in the midst of solo-ing a boss, the 2-3 seconds you're spending to subsea can be a big difference. >.> I go the lazy way of demon Rib Strike to spark to auto attack until full spark, Rib strike, and repeat while spamming genie debuffs/self buffs, if the boss lasts that long.

This post is all about my experience with EP. Another annoying thing is when you want to use Subsea, a squad member uses EP. b:angry

I think the main time SS > EP in terms of usability/versatility is if it is sage, and/or there are 2+ sins in a squad, with at least one of them having the sage version. But of course a lot of my information can be flawed as I've not as much experience playing as an assassin as other people in this forum.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Gotchya :3
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I kept editing it >.>

But that's just my view on it.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I know what you mean about someone else throwing out a buff/debuff ontop of your's.
    I looove tanking and can tank up up to 79, with the exception of Pole and Nob in 69. So I enjoy going with 51 and 59 squads to tank. It pisses me off when a lower sin uses Ribstrike right after I do. I'm like "Hello? What level is your Ribstrike?" "Uum... 5." "Yeah well let me Rib; mine is 10 >.>"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    If someone RS on top of mine, I just use mine again, as it is only like a 6 second cooldown. Reducing attack rate speed of the boss/mob by 65% is insanely helpful.

So far I can solo all bosses up to and through 89, including pole and nob, though those are a lil harder than even 79/89 bosses, as the debuff hits hard as ****, and you have to time sparks right to purify.

I don't use any apothecary items yet, but after talking with a very helpful barb, I think I will start soon ^^
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't use any apothecary items yet, but after talking with a very helpful barb, I think I will start soon ^^

b:avoid me helpful b:cute
  • NinJew - Raging Tide
    NinJew - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:avoid me helpful b:cute

LIES
    Where are my lunar runsb:angryb:angry
    edited March 2011
    LIES
    Where are my lunar runsb:angryb:angry

b:avoidb:avoid in all the TT's run's I did b:cute

Remember you need TT90 gold mats for the gold lunar pants to get them to Nirvana
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    stalker b:avoid
    edited March 2011
    stalker b:avoid

b:chuckle no more information for you b:shutup
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    tiger:bawl